Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sppeedometer  (Read 558 times)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
sppeedometer
« on: May 20, 2019, 10:06:07 AM »

Has anyone tried to dissemble their speedometer to clean the inside glass? I watched a couple of YouTube videos and it does not look like a big deal.
Bill

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
Re: sppeedometer
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 11:17:19 AM »

Have not done the speedo but I did do all of my small gauges.  Took some soft scrub and buffed the film on the glass that is prone to cracking/ wrinkling, then cleaned it good with windex.  Works great, gauges now very clear.  Only downside is if it’s cold where you store your bike (like a basement) then pull out into warm air they will fog a little but it goes away pretty quickly.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: sppeedometer
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 10:36:55 PM »

Had trouble on my 09 with the fogging and then staining from where the fog dried. I took them apart to clean them and then on a whim went by Lens Crafters, had my glasses adjusted and asked the tech if it would be possible, for a charge to coat the gauge lens with whatever the coating was they put on my eyeglasses as they hardly ever fog. Guy said sure, slipped them in his pocket and told me to come back around closing. Slipped him a $20 and they never fogged again.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 24 queries.