Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What seat fits?  (Read 5988 times)

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
What seat fits?
« on: November 12, 2003, 07:58:19 AM »

Because of the dash it looks like the provided seat is the only one that will fit. I wanted a Mustang solo and have one on my roadking. I am going to the dealer today to see if the roadking seat will fit. the measurments look close.

Anyone changed the seat yet and to what?
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

starvin

Re: What seat fits?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 08:54:58 AM »

my dealer said any seat that fits the road king should work. I have the mustang touring seat for the road king ordered should be here any day. will post how it fits as soon as it gets here.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 02:32:19 PM »

I just put the solo seat (mustang) off my roadking and it fit like a charm.  Definately looks like this bad boy uses Roadking seats.
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 11:12:01 PM »

Cabo, Corbin will have a seat out for the FLHTCSE by the end of next week.  Keep an eye on their web site.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 09:12:19 PM »

Damn, just asked this question in another thread.  So, it's a Road King seat for me that will need to be ordered as well!!!  [smiley=7.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2003, 10:08:23 PM »

I'm slippin......thought I already corrected this thread.....Corbin has a seat out now, for our bike!

Go to www.corbin.com then click on "new stuff" then scroll down to the king tour seat for the FLHTCSE.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rturn2mow

• HOG
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2003, 10:57:23 PM »

It is true, any Roadking seat will fit as in the parts catalog on page 346 you can get the seat that comes with the Screaming Eagle Electra Glide for the Road King (part number 52690-04). It does not say anything about an adapter or mounting hardware, so I assume that the visa versa would be true.
Rick
'04 Ultra
'02 FLHRCI w/Big Bore HO kit w/SE Peformance Heads, flat top forged pistons, SE257 cams, SE Race tuner, Kerker pipes, SE adjustable pushrods, high performance clutch, SE springs, touring oil cooler and lotsa chrome.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2003, 11:01:31 PM »

I'm not sure.....maybe somebody else could answer up.

But I'd like to welcome you to the board, anyway! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

West Coast GTG   

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2003, 11:03:53 PM »

It is true, any Roadking seat will fit as in the parts catalog on page 346 you can get the seat that comes with the Screaming Eagle Electra Glide for the Road King (part number 52690-04). It does not say anything about an adapter or mounting hardware, so I assume that the visa versa would be true.

From my research and a post on another thread, it sounds like the answer is yes.

Quick someone, verify for us so I can turn in my order sheet for my bike!   [smiley=7.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2003, 09:20:22 AM »

John if your dealership is user friendly.......they'll let you try a couple different seats on your bike.  Sounds like you're going to be letting us know the outcome. lol

I have to go with one of those Corbin King Tour seats that somebody said was so ugly (cause I have a wife to keep happy) but I didn't think they were bad looking.  Does that mean I am getting old? [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

I suspect that Saddleman and some of the others will be out shortly, with a seat for our bike.  If you're not interested in the Corbin, just wait a few months.  They already know that you guys are all rich! LOL  [smiley=nervous.gif]

West Coast GTG   

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2003, 09:50:17 AM »

Kinda for the same reasons as you, I am looking at the Road King Comfort Stitch with the nice wide rear passenger pillion!  [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 10:12:48 AM »

I have (and it fits fine) the Mustang solo seat and also the 14" rear (removable) passanger pillon for a roadking on my SEEG. My wife hates corbin seats. Had too rip it off my roading after sturgis.  They are great seats but very firm. I loved my corbin when I first got it, but later developed lower back problems (not because of the seat) and the switch to the mustang seat made riding much more comfortable.

It does appear however that the corbin seat does mount flusher against the tank and looks a little better on the bike. My main interest was having a solo seat when I'm riding alone (which is 20x more than with my wife).
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

wesuggs

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2004, 09:22:20 PM »

Got my 04 SEEG on Saturday and my Corbin
dual tour seat off my 03 RKC fits great. And no break in needed.

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 24 queries.