Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: What about the seat???  (Read 15100 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
What about the seat???
« on: November 22, 2003, 11:22:41 PM »

[smiley=nixweiss.gif] What about the seat???  Coming off of several Ultra Classics the seat on this bike feels very hard (I'm still waiting for mine) to the touch although actually more supportive overall.  

What do you guys think about it (that already have your bikes)?  What does your passenger think about the back seat?  In comparison to an Ultra Classic with the pillow seat??
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: What about the seat???
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 09:40:33 AM »

the seat feels like a leather upholstered piece of plywood. Im switching to a mustang seat. Note that this bike used Roadking seats because of the extended dash.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 11:07:44 PM »

Got an email from Corbin.  They will have a seat made just for this bike (not a Road King seat), in the next couple weeks.  The seat mold was completed the end of last week and pictures were taken for the web site.  Should be on the web site by the end of next week.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 10:55:51 AM »

haven,t  tryed seat ,  new bike didn,t make pre-thanksgiving  arival but before  paying big $ for aftermarket seat i would have pro pad installed in stock seat.they rought out foam install pad  had this done on 99rkclasic for $140.00several buds did the same for $120.00 parts and labor stock seat looks good on bike.back to back to backetc.a day rides no problem regards AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 03:53:48 PM »

Hey AK
Give me a little more info on the Pro Pad you are talking about. Web site, location, phone number etc.
I know I am going to have to do something cause I am going from the Air Seat on my Ultra to a 1/2 in pc of plywood.

I may go to the Corbin seat but want to keep all options open.

thanks

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2003, 04:59:59 PM »

Corbins are great seats... I had one. But they are not soft.  When I started developing back problems (not from riding) I had to switch to a mustang seat.  It is much softer.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2003, 06:51:05 PM »

kingsalmon--the guy i used is in los gatos was his 2nd job he gave it up i,ll call him for referal (franchise deal ).had him put plyable 5/8 in.  resen-jel pad in my 99 rkclassic seat still going strong, check adds thunder press. worked well for me and the stock roadking classic seat is a good looking seat  and matches leather diamond patern bags--------the o4 flhtcse is a bit thin but looks great and i like the way it rolls up in back of rider i,d go the extra mile a get stock seat to work i,d hate to lose the stock back rest if it,s not compatable with after market seat----------i did buy a corbin sole seat with back rest for roadking to use on different rides  when  the sole is on road king the stock seat with pad goes on 02 ultra classic my covers are pulled i,m a hd junkie 1st new hd 77 low rider $3,950.00 plus tax-regards,ak

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 10:03:55 AM »

I had this seat on my Road King...
http://www.mustangseats.com/roadking97/images/75466.jpg

I was going to let this seat go with my Road King, which I sold to my brother, but then the guy at the dealer who bought the other CSE said that the stock seat is OK under 200 miles, but really bad after that.  He said that this seat would fit and would probably look great too.  I put it on at the dealer to try it, and it is awesome.  And I know that it is all-day comfort, because it's my old seat that I put 23000 miles on, but still in great shape!  If anyone wants a great distance seat...this is a great one at a great price.  Much softer but still supportive than Corbin.  My CSE is being delivered to my house on Friday.  I went in and listened to the SE pipes yesterday.  WOW!!!

Can't wait for Spring!

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 11:53:59 AM »

OK, I kept my Mustang seat and the stock seat.  I love the looks of the stock seat, but know that going top Sturgis and then south through Colorado, TX, etc, that I will regret not taking the Mustang seat.  I ordered the black spotted pad for the tour-pak, thinking that the only times that I will need the pak/pad is when I'm distance tripping.  Which is good because you can't use the low-profile passenger backrest with the wide-cushion Mustang seat.  Altogether I think I'm happy with my choices.  I'll just use the stock seat to cruise around town and day trips.  I'll throw the Mustang and Tourpak on for long distance sofa sitting.  Regards!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2004, 09:24:39 AM »

I'm actually kind of surprised that nobody here has bought a Corbin yet.  Maybe I'll be the first.

As I understand it, Corbin is the first to make a seat specifically for the SEEG.  All the others that can be made to fit were designed for the Road King and do not fit well at the front, near the tank.  Does anybody have any information to the contrary?

West Coast GTG   

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 10:31:22 AM »

I ordered the Corbin dual tour seat w/heater a couple of weeks ago, matching corbin small tour pak back rest and a rider back rest. I also ordered the chopped tourpak from HD. It will still be a couple of weeks before all this stuff gets delivered.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 11:10:41 AM »

I have a Road King Mustang seat on mine..and I would have to say that it fits "perfectly" front and back.  No mods needed...hugs the dash very well.  My opinion, but I think that it fits like it was made to.

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 11:17:09 AM »

Ha Doc,  where do you park the I-pod?

Black Dog
2004 FLHTCSE

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 11:19:35 AM »

Well, so far, I was letting it sit in a charger from the cigarette lighter...but it transmits lo-fi to the FM stereo.  I am going to get a bicycle handlebar holder and run a wire to the AUX port.  That will make it hi-fi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 04:35:52 PM »

I ordered the Corbin dual tour seat w/heater a couple of weeks ago, matching corbin small tour pak back rest and a rider back rest. I also ordered the chopped tourpak from HD. It will still be a couple of weeks before all this stuff gets delivered.

Will you post photos, once you get everything installed?

The tour pak took about two months to get to me although I ordered the King Tour Pak.

Did you ever get the dyno completed?

West Coast GTG   

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2004, 04:51:50 PM »

I will send the pics when it is all together, Chicago HD told me 3 to 4 weeks for all the stuff I ordered. That was a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinkin 4 to 5 weeks, either way I won't be going on any long trips (weekend) until April anyway.

I got a call from Fremont HD today telling me it won't be until at least next week to get the new computer for the bike. So no dyno yet.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2004, 06:55:38 AM »

Kingsalmon tell us what you think of the Corbin seat.  I'm sure that you're getting some riding in this week, with the temps. in the 70's.

West Coast GTG   

SixtySeven

• Live to Ride, Ride to Eat.
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2004, 01:17:31 AM »

Anyone use the comfort stitch HD seat? Does it fit correctly and is it more comfortable than the stock seat?  Ok, ok, dumb question - a steel tractor seat would be more comfortable than the stock seat. Still curious if anyone has experience with that seat.

Also, any of you over 6 ft-ers find a seat that lets you slide back further?
SixtySeven
04 FLHTCSEI
05 American Ironhorse Texas Chopper
01 FXSTDI

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 01:28:56 AM »

Anyone use the comfort stitch HD seat? Does it fit correctly and is it more comfortable than the stock seat?

West Coast GTG   

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2004, 01:36:03 AM »

i like to sit back a little further myself .had corbin make me custom solo seat with back rest. i tryed out seat 3 or 4 time keeped sending them back to shop area to grind foam away till it was where it wanted it no extra charge.   corbin will work with you  to get you what you want. regards ak

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2004, 07:34:14 AM »

67, not sure if you checked out the pictures JCZ mentioned yet or not, but I have that seat.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 07:35:15 AM by 103tHunDer »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2004, 09:07:14 AM »

The stock Electra Glide seat fits the SEEG even worse.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 09:07:42 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2004, 11:11:41 AM »

JCZ, right the Electra Glide seat wouldn't work at all.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:14:38 AM by 103tHunDer »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2004, 02:18:58 PM »

My mistake 103......no, my confusion.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 02:24:06 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2004, 02:36:06 PM »

No sweat, JCZ.  If it wasn't clear to you, it probably wasn't clear to someone else, either. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2004, 10:11:32 PM »

Went to Corbin this morning.  It was an interesting experience.  I've been there before, during the Hollister Rallys.  Of course it's very croweded, then.  But had never been there on a regular day before.  

It's kind of out in the boonies, in an industrial park.  It's a large operation with a full scale 50's diner style restaurant on site, showroom, factory, research and development all on site.  There's also a large lawn area with pic-nic tables, too.  Never really thought about it before, but I guess hundreds or thousands of people have spent the whole day there, waiting for their custom made seat to be made.

There were motorcycles there of every make and model that you could imagine.....even dirt bikes.........and lots of crotch rockets.  A lot of people everywhere, just waiting, laying out on the lawn, sitting at the tables, in the restaurant, in the showroom.  Very interesting.

I met with Vince, the guy who runs the R&D dept. and he processed my bike in.  We talked at length about the seat that I want.  Next Sat. when I go in I will me with a custom seat wizard (that's what they call them) and a FLHTCSE Dual Tour seat stock (with the foam, but no cover.  I will sit on the bike many times, as they continue to remove bits and pieces of the foam till it's just how I want it.  Then I meet with another wizard for the seat cover.  I told him that I want a black leather seat with Cobalt Blue leather inlays on the side panels and no studs (maybe flames to contiue with that theme).  He told me whatever I want is what I'll get.  I'm looking forward to it.

West Coast GTG   

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2004, 12:15:41 PM »

Here are some pics of the heated corbin seat I have

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2004, 12:16:23 PM »

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2004, 12:17:23 PM »

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2004, 12:19:41 PM »

I love the seat, I used the heater again last night, it also smooths out the hard bumps a lot.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2004, 01:32:52 PM »

Cool.....

but I will not spoil my wife with a heated seat!  She doesn't like to ride if it is below 50
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2004, 01:42:37 PM »

I also like this, never seen it on a Bike:

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2004, 02:59:03 PM »

Hey guys...sorry for this bit of two cents...don't mean to offend anyone.  I loved the Corbin seat from the web site, but now that I see it from different angles, it looks striped...?  Not my thing.  Thanks for the pics, as I was contemplating buying one, but now I will not be.  I can't get over that striped look.  

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2004, 05:27:37 PM »

I may have had a choice of not getting the stitching. I didn't ask. I notice when I'm riding I don't see the stitches at all and me and the old lady's butt really like it and that (as we all know) is what really counts.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2004, 09:28:54 PM »

I may have had a choice of not getting the stitching. I didn't ask. I notice when I'm riding I don't see the stitches at all and me and the old lady's butt really like it and that (as we all know) is what really counts.

The seat does not come with the "tuck and roll" type stiching, unless you order a seat heater.  But if you order directly from Corbin, you can order it with any stitch pattern that you wish (mine has flames    http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=12&uid=912505&gid=4000502&  ).  It's an option just like the many other options that they offer.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2004, 09:29:59 PM »

Looks to me like the place for the video screen. [smiley=laugh.gif]

West Coast GTG   

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2004, 10:54:20 PM »

I was kinda hoping for something a bit more....I don't know...better I guess. More CVO rather than a 60's throwback. OH well. Is this it now. Is this what Corbin's gonna do for the 04's? Or do you think there is more to come?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2004, 10:43:21 AM »

I was kinda hoping for something a bit more....I don't know...better I guess. More CVO rather than a 60's throwback. OH well. Is this it now. Is this what Corbin's gonna do for the 04's? Or do you think there is more to come?

Psycho, Corbin has a variety of seats available for each site.  I saw this seat  when I was down there last Sat. and mine is also an 04 model.

Actually, this seat here doesn't look  so bad on a Deuce but it does on the bigger bikes, in my opnion.  You can check them all out, on their web site.....click on Harley Davidson then on your model.

West Coast GTG   

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2004, 10:48:54 PM »

Psycho, Corbin has a variety of seats available for each site.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2004, 11:25:15 PM »

Anyone use the comfort stitch HD seat? Does it fit correctly and is it more comfortable than the stock seat?

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2004, 11:57:54 PM »

Well I got my Comfort Stitch Seat with rider's adjustable back rest and King Tour Pak back rest.  Put it all on the bike (after removing the Corbin Dual Tour) and took the wife for a ride.  She's a happy camper now and will be riding with me again.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2004, 01:34:55 AM »

The Comfort Stich seat.   We went for a ride tonight.....about forty miles or so.......she said "now this feels like the Ultra Classic seat...I feel like we have our bike back".  She's happy, so I'm happy [smiley=laugh.gif]

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2004, 01:35:53 AM »

And another.....of the Comfort Stitch seat......

West Coast GTG   

bostonut

• Junior CVO Member
  • feelin satisfied
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2004, 09:10:06 PM »

Is the Comfort Stitch a HD seat?
other toys

1969 Firebird 400 conv.
1974 455 Firebird Formula
1977 CanAm
1989 20th anniv. Turbo Trans Am

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2004, 10:01:03 PM »

Is the Comfort Stitch a HD seat?

I want to welcome you to the site, first! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Yes, it's the Road King Comfort Stitch seat and both back rests.  (The FLHT seat will not fit our bikes, due to the gas tank panel on our bikes).

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2004, 11:19:01 PM »

More info. on the Comfort Stitch Seat can be found here: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=cv_pics;action=display;num=1079237782

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2004, 08:06:37 PM »

As you guys know, I have the Comfort Stitch Seat with the adjustable rider's backrest, for when my wife is with me.

But when I'm by myself, the stock seat is fine and I get to keep the "look good" goin.  During the Mt. Lassen ride last weekend, it occured to me that the stock seat might fit over the adjustable backrest hardware.  I don't want to have to be changing hardware every time I change the seat.

It fits......somewhat.  The following are photos with and without the rider's adjustable backrest and hardware with the stock seat.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2004, 08:07:20 PM »

another one....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2004, 08:07:55 PM »

and another......

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2004, 08:09:04 PM »

and with the hardware from the Comfort Stitch Seat rider's backrest but without the backrest itself......

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 20 queries.