Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: FLHTCSE in Europe  (Read 10274 times)

fxrmonsterle

• My FLHTCSE

• CVO1: FLHTCSE04
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE07
    • CVO3: FLHXSE2 Cryptonite
    • FXRMONSTERLE
FLHTCSE in Europe
« on: December 30, 2003, 10:38:31 AM »

I will be one of the lucky one's, who will get an orange bike from the 20, they will be delivered to Europe. But we don't know, when we will get it. The informations are not too good.  
I will install V+H oval slip ons. Has somebody any knowledge about them?  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: FLHTCSE in Europe
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 08:18:36 PM »

Welcome aboard, I have a couple of buddy that use them they say they work ok and the sounds not to offense.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

RATKING

• Enjoy the Ride; Get Back Safe!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 08:50:01 PM »

Welcome Aboard!

I see you are flying the German flag.  I spent a lot of  time there, beautiful, it really is.  Nothing would be nicer than cruising southern Germany.  I have been catching the Chrismas markets for years.  Missed this year though; healing from a new knee in November.  

In any event, you asked about the Vance and Hines Oval Slip-ons.  I put them on my 2003 SERK after a lot of consideration, and can only say I am very happy with them.  According to Vance and Hines, it is their highest flowing slip-on, which we need with these bikes.  The look and the sound is right on.  Those big Ovals sticking out from under the bags look great.  

However, given the free flow of these mufflers, you really need to richen up the fuel curve.  And given that you have to do that, I would open up the input breathing by putting on the Screaming Eagle air cleaner (I put on the Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 kit, its a much better design).  Then finish the job with an ECM re-flash using the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner.  Harley offers a great program specifically for our motors with the exhaust and intake improvements in the Race Tuner kit.  At this point, you have done about as much as you can do (of course you can dyno tune) without getting into the motor.  

This is the stage I am at right now, and I can say that the performance improvements have been substantial.  There is a real seat of the pants difference.  I also lowered the overall idle speed package in the advanced mode, and got much more of that great Harley sound.  It just doesn't sound right idleing at 1000 RPM.

I may get into the motor (still nervous about Twin Cam problems, read American Iron Magazines January issue, article on page 32).  There still appears to be cam, chain, and follower problems.  If I do go to gear driven cams, I will obviously upgrade and do higher compression forged pistons at the same time.  But for now, I will continue to fine tune and  optimize my existing package.  Its a blast.  Soon you SEEGs will be able to experience the fun us SERK guys already take for granted.  Believe me, it will be worth the wait.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 10:22:14 PM »

I will be one of the lucky one's, who will get an orange bike from the 20, they will be delivered to Europe. But we don't know, when we will get it. The informations are not too good.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

fxrmonsterle

• My FLHTCSE

• FXRMONSTERLE
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2003, 03:51:49 AM »

Welcome Aboard!

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 04:09:29 PM »

2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 05:37:58 PM »

I'd suggest that you guys watch your oil pressure at idle.....especially when your bike is hot (in the summer).  There's a reason that the twin cams idle higher than an Evo.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RATKING

• Enjoy the Ride; Get Back Safe!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2004, 10:59:21 AM »

The Race Tuner has minimum and maximum parameters within which you are limited to make your adjustments.  This is for any of the 10 ignition and fuel options they allow control over.  The lowest idle setting you can establish on a fully warmed up bike is 800 RPM's, totally safe.  Much better sounding too, a little potato-potato action if you inow what I mean; some of us older Harley Heads will understand.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2004, 10:12:21 PM »

Fxrmonsterle I just got word that they should be shipping in March.  But he said to don't quote him on it.....meaning that anything could happen to move that back.

West Coast GTG   

fxrmonsterle

• My FLHTCSE

• FXRMONSTERLE
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2004, 05:21:35 AM »

Fxrmonsterle I just got word that they should be shipping in March.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2004, 09:12:11 AM »

Do you know, which features they will change for the European modell?

Yep, they put the steering on the right hand side! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

No, I don't know that.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 09:13:20 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2004, 10:23:46 AM »

I believe they have an emmission system like California bikes.  of course the speedo is in kph not mph and at least in germany no bail on the saddlebag pins [smiley=nixweiss.gif].
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

fxrmonsterle

• My FLHTCSE

• FXRMONSTERLE
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 11:58:22 AM »

Now the time has come !!! The orange eagle arrived in Germany one week ago. Look at the old man. Manfred is the year oldest (73 years) Dealer in Germany. He still rides very long tours with his flathead.
Greetings from Germany

fxrmonsterle

• My FLHTCSE

• FXRMONSTERLE
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2004, 11:59:56 AM »

Pic 2

fxrmonsterle

• My FLHTCSE

• FXRMONSTERLE
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2004, 12:05:46 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif] 3
Install the calibration software for high outputt (vance & hines oval) and screaming eagle ear cleaner kit.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.