Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Question of pipes  (Read 10560 times)

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Question of pipes
« on: February 13, 2004, 09:26:11 AM »

Wondering about the best compromise for my 2004 SE. I immediately changed from the stock to the V & H slip ons, Was told they where the best for the 103". Well they sound OK, but I don't like the looks (ovals). I'm going to change, my thought is the Reinharts with the 2" baffle installed at the factory, or the HD Screaming Eagles.  Both sound great, the $$ is a large difference, but which pipe will help the engine produce ?
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

starvin

Re: Question of pipes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 09:55:46 AM »

I have the screamin eagle pipes and I think there too quiet. I'm going to try drilling out the baffles a little this spring.

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 01:10:07 AM »

amazing you can get more feedback on rear speakers then with performance pipes.
Maybe it was just the holiday weekend. :)
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 01:26:03 AM »

Wondering about the best compromise for my 2004 SE. I immediately changed from the stock to the V & H slip ons, Was told they where the best for the 103". Well they sound OK, but I don't like the looks (ovals). I'm going to change, my thought is the Reinharts with the 2" baffle installed at the factory, or the HD Screaming Eagles.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 10:08:58 AM »

I have the Screaming Eagles...I love them.  I haven't dynoed the bike yet, as I only have 30 miles on it, but it sounds great either sitting or cruising.  

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 11:47:41 AM »

I have the Screaming Eagles...I love them.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 04:35:03 PM »

I just don't like the looks of the 2 to 1 on a dresser. But I understand what you are saying.
I've heard of blocking off one pipe completely, and you then have the look of two pipes but it's actually one.

SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004, 04:35:18 PM »

I just don't like the looks of the 2 to 1 on a dresser. But I understand what you are saying.
I've heard of blocking off one pipe completely, and you then have the look of two pipes but it's actually one.

SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2004, 10:23:04 PM »

Re tread there are several manufaturers that make a 2 into 1 with a dummy left side, for the dual look on baggers.  I know that Thunderheader is one of them.

They make Thundercones (slip ons for dual exhaust) and then the Thunderheader with the dummy left side that still gives you the low end torque and horsepower that they're known for.

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 08:48:17 AM »

I have white bros 2 into 1 on my road king they look ok to me and work much better than the Bassani true duals that I had on it. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 03:26:57 PM »

I have the V&H oval slip ons and I really like the sound, I get complemented on the looks alot. I like the fact that you don't see them very much. Which is one of the reasons I got the SEEG.  I see a lot of SE pipes out there. I think the 2 into 1 would be the way to go. I can't wait to see the dyno on JCZ's bike with the same setup as mine (SE air cleaner and Race tuner) only some kind of 2 into 1.  If there is a big difference I'll have to change.
[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2004, 03:36:41 PM »

I can't wait to see the dyno on JCZ's bike with the same setup as mine (SE air cleaner and Race tuner) only some kind of 2 into 1.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2004, 03:41:55 PM »

Hey Cabo,
Read the last few posts on the "Dyno Numbers" page. I don't want to repeat it cause I'm still pissed at the flippin dealer.

KS

SixtySeven

• Live to Ride, Ride to Eat.
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 11:27:17 PM »

I saw on another board several SEEG owners talking about "Wild Pigs". Anyone use or heard of these?

They are very inexpensive (New about $170, ebay seconds at $120). After paying 35K for my bike, I don't mind saving a few $, but want to make sure these things are decent. Likely that they will not have the performance affect that the Rineharts do, but for a 170 bucks it seems that you can get decent sound.

BTW: their website is http://www.wildpigpipes.com. I downloaded their video with sound to listen to them.
SixtySeven
04 FLHTCSEI
05 American Ironhorse Texas Chopper
01 FXSTDI

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2004, 01:26:13 AM »

Hey Cabo,
Read the last few posts on the "Dyno Numbers" page. I don't want to repeat it cause I'm still pissed at the flippin dealer.

KS

KS bike has a great map on it.  While the dyno itself leaves a little to be desired, the mapping (the important part) is one of the best I've seen.  I'm betting money that mine will not be as good as KS (although my power should come on lower in the power band.....at a lower rpm).

West Coast GTG   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.