Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Question of pipes  (Read 10558 times)

Road_Hog

Re: Question of pipes
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2004, 06:38:16 PM »

Bikrtrsh, are those the fuelie or high output bassani's?  Any word whether installing them without the high flow or race tuner will have on performance or engine hick ups?  Most put on all at once, however my buddy with a SERK is runnin vance hines slip on's with no high flow or race tuner and seems to be working well......

SERK103

• Full CVO Member
  • ride it like you stole it !!
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2004, 06:46:26 PM »

hey road hog..... i believe you can put on slip-on's with out changing the air cleaner and you will be o.k.  Although, once you change the air cleaner you need to re-map the ecm with chip/pc3/r.t  c-ya
stock for now

Road_Hog

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2004, 06:55:30 PM »

Thanks Serk103!

I had talked to North County Customs before and they recommended the high output bassani's only with a full header system.  They said the right side pipe will discolor quite a bit without the whole system.  The fuelie series without the full header supposedly wouldn't discolor....Still trying to locate each set on bikes so I can hear the difference between the two, one being a 2" and the other a 2.5" baffle....Performance may also be an issue....so I'm trying to do my homework....

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2004, 06:15:42 AM »

Bikrtrsh, are those the fuelie or high output bassani's?

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2004, 04:16:12 PM »

Called my dealer today, All the parts are in. Race Tuner, D-D performance Exhaust, SE Air Kit, Tour Pak and misc goodies. Gonna try and do the install and such as soon as D-D gets me the mapping. We'll see how far I get. Gonna try and get through the Race tuner myself on my laptop.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

starvin

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2004, 04:25:35 PM »

Called my dealer today, All the parts are in. Race Tuner, D-D performance Exhaust, SE Air Kit, Tour Pak and misc goodies. Gonna try and do the install and such as soon as D-D gets me the mapping. We'll see how far I get. Gonna try and get through the Race tuner myself on my laptop.

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2004, 03:45:04 PM »

Well finished up installing the SE Air Cleaner, D-D Performance exhaust and such last night, Downlaoded the MAP using the race tuner. ALl has gone well so far. Runs good. A little spot in the 2300 to 2500 RPM range I am going to try and take my stab at tuning out tonight. Spoke with the dealer and when I get to 800-1000 miles I will have them Dyno Tune, around $200 and then we'll see what she will do. For the most part the race tuner is pretty straight forward if you have any computer knowledge. Only snag I had was my laptop does not have a 9 pin serial port so I had to drag my desktop out to the garage. Other than that easy. We'll see were the playing and tuning goes. I am also going to try playing with the DATA mode this week.  We'll see what happens??? [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2004, 03:47:06 PM »

Here is the Ghost pipe side.

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2004, 04:39:21 PM »

Hey rugbyprop, them some good lookin pipes. How do the sound? Do they compare to thunderheaders, or are they quiter?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2004, 05:01:56 PM »

That's a good lookin motorcycle!  Let me know if your successful in getting rid of the soft spot in the low rpm range.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

starvin

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2004, 05:44:41 PM »

make sure you get a picture of when you go for a ride using the data mode with your desktop hooked up. (your going to need a long extension cord). LOL. You can get a serial to USB adapter. The manual says that not all brands of adapters will work, Belkin is one brand that wiil NOT work. Good Luck.........BIKE LOOKS NICE.

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2004, 01:04:36 AM »

I did order several adapters for the laptop, we'll see if they work. I had samson slip on's on a road king, and I have 1 3/4" drags on the fatboy. I would say they are in between on the loudness level. I spoke with a couple of dealers and they told me to just load the map for the flhtcse with SE Aircleaner and SE Slip ons and see how it compares. May be a little less on the performance side and a little on the rich side. But with only 300 miles on the bike I guess better to error on that side. I am going to try and get to 800-1000 over the next week or so and then have it Dyno tuned. We'll see what happens. Hauling the Desktop out every time is the bitch of it, takes more time to set it up and move it back than it does to load the map. The HD Map did not have any flat spots in it. But comparing the two I would say the D-D Map is a quite a bit leaner and the spark advance is drastically different. When I have it Dyno tuned I will let the dealer choose the Map he would like to start with. Most dealers do not have much if any good baselines to start with on the 04's. The D-D map I think was also set up for a 258 cam and high flow heads.  [smiley=drink.gif]

widerider

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2004, 01:16:38 PM »

Here are  a few pic,s of the black thunder headers. They are not to loud ,the wife can still hear the radio lol. She thinks the rinehearts I had on my old bike were louder. I'm happy with the way they really woke the bike up. Can't get on the dyno for a few weeks as they are remodeling the dyno room to make it more customer freindly and we are goin to Fla for awhile to get more miles on the bike and vist corbin to look at seats.

widerider

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2004, 01:25:51 PM »

try this again [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2004, 09:40:33 PM »

See my update on the Corbin seat in the thread "Corbin In Motion"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 09:41:05 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.