Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Question about suspension  (Read 10302 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Question about suspension
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2004, 10:45:56 AM »

Hell, forget the vehicle alignment, did you do the tuning on your bike?

Gary's tunning was done at a shop in Stockton, Ca.  He's not saying, but I think he secreatly owns it or something.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2004, 08:24:06 AM »

Actually the final tuning was done on the dyno at Modesto HD. There is a very good dyno guy there named Jack, The shop in Stockton Double D Customs) did the build, but they do not yet have a dyno. And NO I don't own any of the shop, just a good friend.

Since my 01 SERG had the Magneti / Morelli EFI system we could not use the race turner. The original cartridge in the bike was for the factory 95 inch kit. When it went onto the dyno we could not get enough fuel with the PC IIIR. I then drove to Walnut Creek, got a SE 103 map cartridge, retruned to Modesto and after loading it, we then could get enough fuel with the PC IIIR unit and that resulted in the chart JCZ posted. That was about a year ago.

A good dyno guy is worth his weight in donuts and lunches! (I bring donuts and buy lunch every time I take a bike down to Modesto for a dyno tune!)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 08:27:06 AM by garya1 »
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

zwild

• Bad to the bone!
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2004, 10:48:31 AM »

I frequently bury the speedo... that how I drive and I only experenced the high speed wobble one time it was very windy and the road wasn't the very best so I just shrugged it off.
04 FLHTCSE Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide, HD EFI race tuner, SE high flow air cleaner, V&H True Duels w/oval slip-ons, & lots of extra goodies. dyno tuned # 96 hp & 100 ftp tourque, not bad for a stock ride!
83 FXWG 93ci stroker, cus

falcon

• A thing of beauty !
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2004, 10:44:45 AM »

UPDATE: Took my bike to the dealer for the wobble...he rubbed his hand on the tire...said the tread was cupped and that my belt inside the tire must have slipped to one side....he put on a new tire...sent me on my way. Road test:125mph on straight away..95mph on the curves...PERFECT...all is well, once again.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.