Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dynojet Performance Evaluation Program  (Read 2001 times)

hummer

• Rineharts, K&N, flash worth every penny paid.
Dynojet Performance Evaluation Program
« on: July 06, 2004, 07:41:34 PM »

Just got back from having my 5000 miles checkup and a dyno test.  From stock all I've done is the Rinehart true duals, SE air cleaner and HD reflash.  The dyno results are Max Power 96.52 and Max Torque 96.65 and both lines are very smooth and steady.  I had a lot of backfiring when I went in for the checkup and test and thought I'd have to go to the Race Fueler or Race Tuner Kit but the tech said he couldn't improve on the above results. [smiley=confused5.gif]  However, he did say that the tech doing my checkup had found some exhaust leaks and tightened the whole system before the dyno test.  That must have been the problem. [smiley=beerchug.gif]  It doesn't backfire near as much, maybe only twice in the hundred plus miles between the dealer and getting back home.  It was probably 25 or 30 times on the way to the dealer.  So check those pipes guys.  It saved me hundreds. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Dynojet Performance Evaluation Program
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 08:22:37 PM »

Hummer welcome to the sight. [smiley=beerchug.gif]  You'll notice by some of our dyno sheets (posted here on the board) that most of us are running right around 100 HP and 104 Lb Ft. of torque with the mods that you've mentioned plus a race tuner or power commander and the right tech. doing the tunning.  Just an FYI.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hummer

• Rineharts, K&N, flash worth every penny paid.
Re: Dynojet Performance Evaluation Program
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 09:14:04 PM »

Thanks JC for the info.  The tech performing my test and his shop manager explained they'd rather have done the test on a day with less humidity as the results would be much higher.  However, the curves would have remained stable.  My buddy, with the exact SEEG and modifications as mine, had a test the same morning of just barely under my horsepower and just barely over my torque.  I'll probably have the dyno test again the next time I need a checkup and hope for a much less humid day.  Cool and dry air always make 'em run better.

By the way, I'm glad your recovery is coming along well, and I sincerely hope boating fulfills your needs and expectations.

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 21 queries.