Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: iPod connector lightning  (Read 2314 times)

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
iPod connector lightning
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:30:07 AM »

My old iPod with the connector is still giving me grief. The HD mechanic swears it isn't my head unit, but when I went to apple the IpOd tested out fine on the connectors. But, if I want to switch it out, it's over the 2 year warranty since it was the date Harley bought it, not the date I did. Arghhhh. I'd rather get another iPod or use my phone instead, but all the new ones have the lightning connector. Is it a pITA to change out the connector cord in the saddlebag?
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
Re: iPod connector lightning
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:33:54 AM »

My old iPod with the connector is still giving me grief. The HD mechanic swears it isn't my head unit, but when I went to apple the IpOd tested out fine on the connectors. But, if I want to switch it out, it's over the 2 year warranty since it was the date Harley bought it, not the date I did. Arghhhh. I'd rather get another iPod or use my phone instead, but all the new ones have the lightning connector. Is it a pITA to change out the connector cord in the saddlebag?

If I understand your statement correctly, your 2 year warranty runs from the date of purchase by YOU not the dealer.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 10:39:18 AM »

If I understand your statement correctly, your 2 year warranty runs from the date of purchase by YOU not the dealer.

:oops: :nixweiss:

Nope. Apple guy at the Apple store gave me date of purchase like April 2012. Said too bad, so sad. I didn't buy the bike til 6-1-12. Of course, if I had gotten off my butt a lil sooner, the warranty wouldn't have beenin question, but I've been fussing with my mechanic for forever that I think it's the headunit not the iPod. He claims it's the iPod since the issue with the sound is only with the iPod. Arghhhh.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 01:54:25 PM »

I am by no means a fan or expert on apple products but it looks like they make an adapter that goes from the old 30 pin connector to the new lightning connector. The only thing it does not support is video, everything else works fine.
T-MAN 117 kit

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 04:15:23 PM »

there is no 'lightning' cord for the ipod.  the only cords sold are the old 30 pin style.  so your only option is a 30 pin to lightning adapter.  and for the record, my wife has been using one on her iphone5 for about 6 months to stream pandora on her system and has had no problems with it.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 04:33:50 PM »

there is no 'lightning' cord for the ipod.  the only cords sold are the old 30 pin style.  so your only option is a 30 pin to lightning adapter.  and for the record, my wife has been using one on her iphone5 for about 6 months to stream pandora on her system and has had no problems with it.

Thanks. If I decide to get a new iPod I'll have to pick up the adaptor or just use my iPhone. Might be switching phones & services; seems like it would still be usable for a iPod but that would make too much sense, lol, I am sure Apple wouldn't want THAT to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »

Thanks. If I decide to get a new iPod I'll have to pick up the adaptor or just use my iPhone. Might be switching phones & services; seems like it would still be usable for a iPod but that would make too much sense, lol, I am sure Apple wouldn't want THAT to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no, it really is that easy.  hook up to your wireless network and you can do just about everything with your old phone except make a phone call.  it basically does become an ipod touch at that point.  i use my old phone in my living room as a wireless remote control to control all my devices (via logitech link)
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 11:18:09 PM »

I am by no means a fan or expert on apple products but it looks like they make an adapter that goes from the old 30 pin connector to the new lightning connector. The only thing it does not support is video, everything else works fine.

that's what I use works fine hookin I phone 5s to bike

even turn by turn directions come thru speakers.  not that I ever get lost 8)
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.