Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Bug Slide  (Read 31565 times)

mgreen3940

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Bug Slide
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »

After trying it and working so well to keep our bikes clean in such a quick amount of time, we are now selling it thru my wife's business.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2013, 08:45:03 PM »

After trying it and working so well to keep our bikes clean in such a quick amount of time, we are now selling it thru my wife's business.

If your selling it, I would like to buy a gallon if the price is right.
PM me with info.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »

If your selling it, I would like to buy a gallon if the price is right.
PM me with info.

SBB

I am also interested in a gallon  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2013, 11:31:28 AM »

Good stuff, I tried it the first time this summer and will agree it works really good. Don't think I'm ready for a gallon though unless I started using it on the other vehicles as well. Course you folks that live in more buggy states prolly need it more often. How does it work on the old Love Bugs?

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2013, 06:28:28 PM »

I called Bug Slide today and talk to Grant the owner price for 1/2 gal is $ 59.95 + Shipping / 1 gal is $100.00 + Shipping
DND

mgreen3940

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2013, 08:20:35 PM »

I called Bug Slide today and talk to Grant the owner price for 1/2 gal is $ 59.95 + Shipping / 1 gal is $100.00 + Shipping

That would be correct on pricing but have found most people don't like the price of 1 gallon plus the shipping cost nor do they go thru enough of it to buy in such a volume at a time.  Most may use 32oz or up to 64oz during a riding season.

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2013, 07:30:01 PM »

That would be correct on pricing but have found most people don't like the price of 1 gallon plus the shipping cost nor do they go thru enough of it to buy in such a volume at a time.  Most may use 32oz or up to 64oz during a riding season.

That may be true for those north of the Mason Dixon Line, but in the deep south one bike night ride will consume a 32oz bottle on just the front-end, LOL.  :2vrolijk_21:

Bug Slide is good stuff.

An alternate we get around here is "Cajun Shine" which works just as well at bug removal.  here's their site if your interested[url]http://www.cajunshineall.com/url]

I've used both for years and they work equally well. :2vrolijk_21:
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

mgreen3940

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2013, 03:31:14 PM »

That may be true for those north of the Mason Dixon Line, but in the deep south one bike night ride will consume a 32oz bottle on just the front-end, LOL.  :2vrolijk_21:

Bug Slide is good stuff.

An alternate we get around here is "Cajun Shine" which works just as well at bug removal.  here's their site if your interested[url]http://www.cajunshineall.com/url]

I've used both for years and they work equally well. :2vrolijk_21:

Those must be some bad a** bugs.  In that case, I stand corrected that it may depend upon how buggy your riding conditions are in how much you may consume.  It does work great on whatever your bug volume may be.   :bananarock:

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2014, 09:35:16 PM »

I just ordered the 3 piece kit thru Amazon, got it, and will use it tomorrow to clean my bike before our first ride. 
MY Broom is an `04 FLHTCUI Lehman Trike and I Love flyin on it!!!

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2014, 08:43:50 AM »

Quick question Bug Slide users...We just waxed our bikes with Ultra Blue, should we put the Bug Slide on before we ride, or just use it to clean after we ride, and will this take the wax off.  I just love the Ultra Blue and was wondering if I should use their Detailer to maintain the shine?  I already bought the Bugslide, just not sure when to apply it as we don't want to ruin our Ultra Blue shine, it did an awesome job.  Judy?

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2014, 08:59:28 AM »

Quick question Bug Slide users...We just waxed our bikes with Ultra Blue, should we put the Bug Slide on before we ride, or just use it to clean after we ride, and will this take the wax off.  I just love the Ultra Blue and was wondering if I should use their Detailer to maintain the shine?  I already bought the Bugslide, just not sure when to apply it as we don't want to ruin our Ultra Blue shine, it did an awesome job.  Judy?

I use Bugslide after my rides to get the road stuff off the bike. It works great and I can't imagine it hurting any wax job.

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2014, 09:30:36 AM »

Thanks Joe for the quick reply, I think it's time to ride, I'll use Bugslide when we get home... :2vrolijk_21:

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2014, 09:31:30 AM »

Sue, BugSlide won't remove the wax!  Use it as soon as you get home to get the bugs off when they are soft.  It still works just as good the next day but it is easier when they are soft.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2014, 09:40:10 AM »

I use Bugslide after my rides to get the road stuff off the bike. It works great and I can't imagine it hurting any wax job.
Sue, BugSlide won't remove the wax!  Use it as soon as you get home to get the bugs off when they are soft.  It still works just as good the next day but it is easier when they are soft.
X3 on using it after each ride... (also carry a small bottle on the bike and use it if I notice to many bugs while I'm out riding). I park the bike wait for it to cool off some and then get a cold refreshment (:drink:) and "Bugslide" the bike and put the cover on it.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2014, 09:55:29 AM »

With all the praises of Royal Blue I wonder if the new Detailer would do the same job of removing bugs etc.?

http://royalbluewax.com/shop/spray-detailer/royal-blue-spray-detailer/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 24 queries.