Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toy Hauler Gas Station?  (Read 1247 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Toy Hauler Gas Station?
« on: September 11, 2019, 11:31:51 AM »

I have two 30 gallon tanks in the rear.  One for the generator and the other for the gas station.  I haven't looked yet, but I would guess these are a rotationally molded HDPE plastic tank and NOT steel.

Is it common to keep these full, as in fill up when putting it away in storage?

I've seen some with a ground strap from the gas station compartment, but can't say as I remember seeing one on mine.  Some say the hose is grounded internally and not needed.  But if I don't have an external ground strap to clip to the bike before filling up, I can't see what it would hurt to have one anyway.

Thoughts?
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Toy Hauler Gas Station?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 05:13:19 PM »

In the Grand Design toyhaulers (the Momentum series) they are all steel fuel tanks. 

If you have a Cummins Onan generator you're supposed to run the generator for at least a half hour (I suggest an hour in the winter months, due to condensation in the tank) once a month.  On the 5th wheel and toyhauler groups those that perform regular maintenance never have issues but those that don't are always posting about having to change fuel pump, etc.   I do it religously and have never had an issue with our generator in three years.  I do add Staybil just because it takes me a long time to go through 30 gals. of gas.

NOTE:  I do not use this gas in my bike.  However, just a couple of nights ago another guy told me that he rarely fills his bike at a gas station......almost always from his Momentum.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Toy Hauler Gas Station?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 10:06:55 PM »

JC, thanks...👍

When at the dealership I was talking about the generator and the trainer started it up and left it running for more than half an hour. I looked at the hour meter and it said 41.  I thought wow, 7 years old and only 41 hours. So Saturday at my son's barn I ran the generator for a couple hours and the here at home when I returned. I was working on the stereo and looked at the hour meter and it read 72. I thought how could I have used it that much in two days. The I got out my light and looked closer and there was a . period between the 7 and the 2. WOW it only had 4.1 hours when I bought it... :2vrolijk_21:

The ramp door bumpers have no marks on them, like it never had hit any gravel or concrete. This rig has had very little use and it shows. No tire marks on the ramp either.

We got a great deal to begin with and the rig is even better than we thought.

I'll fill up both tanks Saturday on the way to the storage lot.

The toy lock retract cable under the right rear body panel extends out to go through the wheel and frame and then secures your ride to the rig. I looked close and the factory padlock is there with the keys wire tired to it, just as shipped from Keystone. Again wow!

I'm learning a lot about this now. I'm doing tons of reading and watching videos. Some great and others totally wrong, but information none the less.

I looked hard at the Bike Bar today. I see it for $338 on a couple sites, not too bad. It's a lot of money when I already have heavy straps for this downs.

Thanks again everyone for the comments and suggestions.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 25 queries.