Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone use Kenetic Structures FLH front Motor Mou ts?  (Read 999 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Anyone use Kenetic Structures FLH front Motor Mou ts?
« on: May 11, 2020, 06:16:51 PM »

Has anyone used the  Kenetic Structures FLH style front motor mounts? Thanks

trippy

• Full CVO Member
  • 2007 CVO Road King 113cu Stage 4 Baker F6R
Re: Anyone use Kenetic Structures FLH front Motor Mou ts?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 05:59:40 PM »

I have one waiting to be fitted, 07 113cu cvo road king, hopefully this week, will let you know how it goes.
WHUFC   COYI

jmorton101

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 07:49:48 PM »

A buddy of mine installed one, said it increased vibration so he took it out & replaced it with a new factory mount.

I never tested it myself, so take that for whatever it's worth LOL

~John
124" H.C W640 EZ start cams/Nitrous/Pingel air shift/Grudgebox/Vulcan chain conversion/Vulcan 32T compensator eliminator with manual adjuster/Bandit Sportsman clutch/Lithium Ion battery/S&S injection W/Thundermax etc.etc.etc.

trippy

• Full CVO Member
  • 2007 CVO Road King 113cu Stage 4 Baker F6R
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 05:52:41 AM »

Ok, fitted the Kenetic Strutures front motor mount, fitting is slightly more intensive than others as you need to remove the front engine mount plate in order to get it in, others you just have to losen the nuts enough for it to clear the plate.

Ran the bike in the upright position for about 10 minutes at differing RPM with the mount bolts and centre bolt loose, then tightened the mount bolts, ran it again with the centre bolt loose and then checked the centre bolt with it running, was able to slide the bolt up and down, meaning the mount had settled ok, then tightened fully and took it for a ride.

Conclusion- at most RPM and riding situations it is as good as any of the other non HD parts, havent used a HD mount for some years so cannot comment on those, but considering it was its first ride, and they often get better as time goes on, I am quite impressed, having said that when stationary in gear and holding the bike on the front brake seems to be more vibration than before, but I am sure time will tell, will update you as to how it goes.

One thing to note is this mount can be rebuilt, by replacing the metalic wire mesh, rather than buying the whole thing, so its worth thinking about.
WHUFC   COYI

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 25 queries.