Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: $2,000-$5,000 above MSRP standard?  (Read 18273 times)

CVO2012

• Full CVO Member
Re: $2,000-$5,000 above MSRP standard?
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2011, 05:06:29 PM »

Guys you are soooo lucky even to have that extra above the real price
You should see the prices here in Europe and you will know then that you are in heaven.
I bought last march brand new a 2011 softail deluxe for the price of 22000 euros that's equal to 30000 US dollars, and today I bought my 2nd HD, a 2012 CVO street glide, red color and paid 35000 euros, that's equal to 48000 US dollars.
Knowing that I paid for both bikes fully in cash, but it does not make any difference here in Europe, meaning that dealers here don't bother to give some discounts even if you pay in cash.
And the reason for these high prices, is that HD US sell their bikes to Harley Europe for example let's say for the price of 1 euro, then Harley Europe resell them for example to Harley France for the price of 2 euros and this 1 euro difference is the profit they make, then Harley France resell them for the dealers for the price of 3 euros because they also want to make a profit, and lastly, the dealers sell them to us for the price of 4 euros. So imagine the price of the bike started with which price and ended up to you with which price!!!!!
Guys, take me to these dealers you have
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:04:34 AM by CVO2012 »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2011, 10:08:00 AM »

You should see the prices here in Europe and you will know then that you are in heaven.
I bought last march brand new a 2011 softail deluxe for the price of 22000 euros that's equal to 30000 US dollars, and today I bought my 2nd HD, a 2012 CVO street glide, red color and paid 35000 euros, that's equal to 48000 US dollars.
Knowing that I paid for both bikes fully in cash, but it does not make any difference here in Europe, meaning that dealers here don't bother to give some discounts even if you pay in cash.
And the reason for these high prices, is that HD US sell their bikes to Harley Europe for example let's say for the price of 1 euro, then Harley Europe resell them for example to Harley France for the price of 2 euros and this 1 euro difference is the profit they make, then Harley France resell them for the dealers for the price of 3 euros because they also want to make a profit, and lastly, the dealers sell them to us for the price of 4 euros. So imagine the price of the bike started with which price and ended up to you with which price!!!!!

Does HD have a program where you can come to the US, do a factory tour, buy a bike, drive it around and then have it shipped back to your home? Porsche used to have a program like that when the dollar was high. I had some friends that flew over to Germany, enjoyed a great trip around Europe in their new Porsche and then had it shipped home. The savings more than paid for the trip.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2011, 10:50:34 AM »

Almost identical to Canada.

A CVO ULTRA out the door is apprx. CDN $47,000 - $50,000. That is why a lot of us buy HDs in the US. With the Canadian Dollar at almost par depending on the day we get a lot better value wen buying in the US.

geezerglide

CVO2012

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2011, 02:41:06 PM »

well, unluckily, Harley Davidson US has their rules which is as foreigner, i can't buy from US a brand new bike and ship it to other country. They have no problem if i want to buy a used one, but not a new one. This is of course to protect their business outside the US, Thats why even now many people can't buy even parts of HD for example from EBAY because HD US had applied a regulations over the dealers who sell their HD parts over the net
Now these Dealers can't ships outside the US.
But the only way for a Non US citizen to buy a brand new bike from the US market is to let someone buy it for him who has a US permenant address and this someone, sell it personally to him. I know many did that.
Well, this is Life
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:27:58 AM by CVO2012 »

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2011, 02:44:33 PM »

well, unluckily, Harley Davidson US has their rules which is as foreigner, i can't buy from US a brand new bike and ship it to other country. They have no problem if i want to buy a used one, but not a new one. This is of course to protect their business outside the US, Thats why not many people can't buy parts of HD for example from EBAY because HD US had applied a regulations over the dealers who sell their HD parts over the net
Now these Dealers can't ships outside the US.
But the only way for a Non US citizen to buy a brand new bike from the US market is to let someone buy it for him who has a US permenant address and this someone, sell it personally to him. I know many did that.
Well, this is Life

That's a bunch of crap!  You send me the money and I will buy you a new mc. !!!    :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.