Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question: Clutch Pull Fix  (Read 971 times)

Ride2cusa

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

Question: Clutch Pull Fix
« on: March 09, 2019, 04:36:52 PM »

I have a 2017 Electra Glide Limited CVO.  My clutch does not engage until I reach about 90 m% of the pull.  I saw a discussion about a fix (see below).  But when I went to my HD dealer to order the part shown, the parts guy looked it up and said this part was already in my clutch assembly.  Is the part number shown in the photo correct for the fix?  If not, does anyone know the correct part number for the fix outlined below?

In case the photo of the part does not show up below; the part number is 37000295

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone on the Road Glide forum with a M8 bike posted up about this. I'll have to find it and get the details over here. They're very pleased with the results.

Ok, more info. The part number came from an HD tech and this guy installed it. Here's the pix I got from the RG site. Looks like it's the spacer that gets changed out, not the spring itself.

Here is a "how to"  I made for the friction zone fix. Thanks to crazy4ink for letting me know about this part.

This mod reduces the reach of the clutch lever before it enters the friction zone. Not the total throw itself, but as you release the clutch lever it starts to grab earlier (closer to the grip). It will grab around the mid point instead of the very end of the lever throw.

If feels more natural to me especially in low speed parking lot maneuvers and technical riding.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a fix and best thing is that it uses a factory part that is now being installed on the 2019 models. 

[/URL][/img]

was able to get my bike out today and do road testing. It is fixed. Clutch lever starts to engage at about 1/3 of travel now. Night and day from before where it engaged at 90-95% of the travel.

Clutch drag was one of the things I was monitoring the entire time. I noticed no clutch drag once the motor and primary were hot. There was a little bit when the bike was first started cold but no different than before I switched to a thicker seat damper. Once warm, when I put it in gear it went in smooth and the plates would not engage or drag until about 1/3 lever release.

was able to get my bike out today and do road testing. It is fixed. Clutch lever starts to engage at about 1/3 of travel now. Night and day from before where it engaged at 90-95% of the travel.

Clutch drag was one of the things I was monitoring the entire time. I noticed no clutch drag once the motor and primary were hot. There was a little bit when the bike was first started cold but no different than before I switched to a thicker seat damper. Once warm, when I put it in gear it went in smooth and the plates would not engage or drag until about 1/3 lever release.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Question: Clutch Pull Fix
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 05:14:11 PM »

Check this site - LRonnies OEM Parts… search under your bike "2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited" for that PN and it will say it's not found on that model. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.