Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New CVO rider  (Read 2983 times)

geneseegap

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 14' softail deluxe
New CVO rider
« on: July 19, 2014, 05:07:15 PM »

Just a quick post as a new member.

I just got a 14 Softail Deluxe CVO at Glenwood Springs, CO HD dealership. 

Just came off a 14 Ultra Limited and while I loved the ride of the bike that damn coolant system kept breaking down and the last straw was when the pump failed while on a trip about 75 miles from the dealer.  I got a 4 to 5 day eta on the fix...this happened at the worst time (Friday at 3pm w/no parts on hand this dealer just used the only pump they had on a trike).  So with the help of my brother we purchased a red softail deluxe cvo.  I had the great pleasure of breaking it in and asked him if I could keep it awhile.  He will ride the Ultra for a few.

I drove that bike 2500 miles in 10 days w/ a day break to have the 1k service done. 

I was worried that a taller rider (5'10") would have issues but I like the laid back ride.  The only add on was some highway pegs I "stole" from my Limited...they help w/ the stretch out on long rides. 
I was also concerned regarding the heat but actually its not really an issue...not fun but not a deal breaker.
That 110 SE makes passing 18 wheelers on those lonely sections of two lane roads a blast. 
Seems way more people look at the red flake paint job at gas stops.  An older Harley rider commented that he doesn't like the new bikes but loved the paint job!

I do miss the ride of the Ultra and the storage along w/ the boom audio (the stock radio worked great for me) but this little CVO is a keeper.

Part of my 2500 mile ride  was a 29 hour marathon 1542 mile ride from NW Colo. to the north part of Houston...every time I came to someplace I wanted to stop  for the night something came up and before I knew it time to stop for the night just didn't seem right.  Took breaks and kept riding! 

Long post but the long and short of it is glad I joined the CVO family! 
Blue Knights Texas VII

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
Re: New CVO rider
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 06:40:09 PM »

and we're glad you did, keep us posted on progress with both bikes.

OWL - SW Florida
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »

Good choice,I came off a 2011 Streetglide and love the deluxe.
        Older Guy

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 11:13:07 PM »

Welcome from Ohio and glad you like the new bike.
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

johnchalker

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Lord will Fight for you,you need only be Still

• CVO1: flhxse cvo street glide
    • CVO2: Flstnse
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 02:49:00 AM »

You will love the bike it is completely different to the tourers but be very bit as good and having a cvo is a dream ! Enjoy riding.

co40665

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 10:26:11 PM »

geneseegap,

I too just joined the CVO family (got a sweet deal on a Cobalt 2014 w/ 795 miles) and I too live just North of Houston. (Montgomery)  will need to chat. Only difference is I kept my Ultra as I have 11K on it with no problems.

n8schmitz

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 08:16:23 AM »

Great story.  Post a picture of that l bike for all to see!

2016 CVO Street Glide
Carbon Crystal w/ Phantom Flames
Matched Chopped Tour Pack
Reinhart Slimlines
Fuel Pak FP3
Screamin Eagle Breather
Yaffy 12" Bars and License Plate Frame

CVODeluxeHD

• enjoy

• CVO1: 2001 Sportster
    • CVO2: 2014 CV0 Deluxe
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 08:22:30 AM »

The CVO Deluxe is a great bike. After 2 yrs and 16k mls she is still running great and for far no problems at all. I love the color of mine especially since you see most of the bikes in black around here. Whenever we stop on our tours I have people looking at the bike and lot's of them even taking pictures.
The heat has bothered my however, that's why I had the HD oil cooler installed. Not so much for me but I was getting worried about the engine sometimes with the oil temperature sky rocketing. After this year I am going take it a bit easier on her after crossing the alps a few times and I am thinking of buying her a big sister. Looked at a CVO Street Glide but the colors this year seem a little strange. I wonder who HD hired in their paint and design department must be somebody from Swarowski and Disney.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 24 queries.