Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: WAR, can't leave with it and can't leave without it ... ..  (Read 3198 times)

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
WAR, can't leave with it and can't leave without it ... ..
« on: August 29, 2008, 08:28:52 AM »

Briefing.com 08:23  "Israel reaches strategic decision not to let Iran go nuclear" - Jerusalem Post

The Jerusalem Post reports that Israel will not agree to allow Iran to achieve nuclear weapons and if the grains start running out in the proverbial egg timer, Jerusalem will not hesitate to take whatever means necessary to prevent Iran from achieving its nuclear goals, the government has recently decided in a special discussion. According to the Israeli daily Ma'ariv, whether the United States and Western countries will succeed in toppling the ayatollah regime diplomatically, through sanctions, or whether an American strike on Iran will eventually be decided upon, Jerusalem has put preparations for a separate, independent military strike by Israel in high gear.

:soapbox:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: WAR, can't leave with it and can't leave without it ... ..
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:45:35 AM »

If the current Iranian government were not Meshugoyim it'd be different.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 08:52:50 AM »

As I always say, you don't provoke a crazy maniac.  Their pres. is crazy even by their own standards.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 09:03:52 AM »

As I always say, you don't provoke a crazy maniac.  Their pres. is crazy even by their own standards.
If it's provocation that stirs emotion we may be well served by first reviewing the historical provocations of the Iranian regime first. Remember the hostage situation Or the laying of mines in the international waters of the Persian Gulf? Or the indiscriminate attacks on sea going CIVILIAN oil tankers.......

The alternative to doing nothing I'm afraid far outweighs the casualties that may lie ahead. JMHO

Howie

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 09:04:55 AM »

Meshugeh ahf toit!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 10:26:21 AM »

The full "Post" article came earlier this morning (our time).  Seen here:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1219913194872&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 11:03:41 AM »

in a TV interview, Ephraim Sneh claimed that Israel intelligent reports Iranian's enrichment of weapon grade Uranium, and when he was told that according to CIA reports, they've stopped back in 2003-2004 and was asked if he believes their intel is more accurate than ours?  He refused to answer.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 11:13:50 AM »

Israel's about the only country left that still "takes care of business" and doesn't care too much what the rest of the world thinks. I give them credit for standing up for themselves no matter who the adversary is! Thay don't take chit from anyone!!! We should take some lessons from them now! They've been warning us about how lax we've become, it went on deaf ears, and look what happened! We better wake up!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 11:19:49 AM »

He refused to answer.

Mossad don;t play, we shoulda let em loose back in 68 to finish it...It will get worse before it gets better.
Too bad, I have always wanted to go visit the area, the beaches look good and I like the food, I am culinary jew, love the deli...Ess gezunterhait!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 11:24:03 AM »

He refused to answer.

Mossad don;t play, we shoulda let em loose back in 68 to finish it...It will get worse before it gets better.
Too bad, I have always wanted to go visit the area, the beaches look good and I like the food, I am culinary jew, love the deli...Ess gezunterhait!

Oy Vay!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 05:47:28 PM »

Oy Vay!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Israel is a nice country and the people are great.  I've been there 4 or 5 times.  Mainly Haifa, but have been to Jerusalem also.  I've had a good time everytime I've been there.   I do like the fact that they don't take chit from anyone.  :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 06:02:59 PM »

He refused to answer.

Don't hesitate Mike. As Charlie pointed out great place and cool people. Pucker up buckaroo  :drink:   :2thumbsup:

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »

Last I check, we've lost 4151 soldiers in Iraq.  That's 4151 immediate family and thousands of extended family devastation.  In 2003, before Iraq war, oil prices were under $30 a barrel.  Now we're happy it is under $120 and the difference is lining the pocket of Arabs who support Osama (without getting into the technical of difference between light sweet and heavy sour oil). :nixweiss:
Now are you ready to pay $6 a gallon for gas?

Sean M Cary

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 07:36:01 PM »

Last I check, we've lost 4151 soldiers in Iraq.  That's 4151 immediate family and thousands of extended family devastation.  In 2003, before Iraq war, oil prices were under $30 a barrel.  Now we're happy it is under $120 and the difference is lining the pocket of Arabs who support Osama (without getting into the technical of difference between light sweet and heavy sour oil). :nixweiss:
Now are you ready to pay $6 a gallon for gas?

we also hadn't been attacked my islamofacists...  folks seems to have forgotten that little event on 11 Sept.

I didn't - and have been to Iraq and other asshole parts of the world 3 times in the past 4 years to repay our debt

elvislee

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 07:48:34 PM »

we also hadn't been attacked my islamofacists...  folks seems to have forgotten that little event on 11 Sept.

I didn't - and have been to Iraq and other asshole parts of the world 3 times in the past 4 years to repay our debt

2,758 estimated killed in the WTC attacks....As Sean said...Has anyone forgotten that?   >:(

There are always going to be those who no matter what; will continue to slam the purpose, efforts, and results, of the war in Iraq. Most of those folks would rather sit at home like little wussies and negotiate with the terrorist pigs.

Thank you Sean and EVERY man and women of our honorable military for their brave and courageous efforts in assuring we never get attacked again.

4151 HEROS will always be honored as will the HEROS to come...SALUTE!!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:15:00 PM by elvislee »

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 07:50:05 PM »

We sure have short memories it seems. Smokin' the peace pipe with folks DOES NOT WORK!!! They DO NOT

rationalize as we do. They do not value life as we do. Like Sean I've been there, voluntarily, just like all the other brave men and women there today.

Maybe these volunteers know something the nay sayers do not  :nixweiss:  Just a thought!   :drink:  :sauer005:   :soapbox:

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 09:08:44 PM »

No one has forgotten or trying to forget 9-11.  The reason we haven't been attacked since then is because we are more alert and smarter have a department called Homeland Security and not because of the war in Iraq.  As a mater of fact 15 of the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia and Prince Al Valid of Saudi was the one that said "American brought this upon themselves".  Osama is relative of him and they fully support his cause and support him financially.  Pakistan has nuclear weapon and they do support Taliban and Osama quietly.  No one is questioning our soldiers honor or courage.  It's the leaders motivations that are questionable.  I did vote for Bush and considering the alternatives, I will always vote Republican.  We need to fight terrorism, and yes there were training camps in Iraq, but 5 years and 150,000+ troops could have comb the southern Afghanistan and whip out Osama and his tugs.

One other note, over 90% of the scientist and brains who work in Iran's nuclear facility are from Russia.  You cut them off and the project will fail.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 09:12:51 PM »

2,758 estimated killed in the WTC attacks....As Sean said...Has anyone forgotten that?   >:(

There are always going to be those who no matter what; will continue to slam the purpose, efforts, and results, of the war in Iraq. Most of those folks would rather sit at home like little wussies and negotiate with the terrorist pigs.

Thank you Sean and EVERY man and women of our honorable military for their brave and courageous efforts in assuring we never get attacked again.

4151 HEROS will always be honored as will the HEROS to come...SALUTE!!

if that's aimed at me, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 10:06:40 PM »

For the few that have trouble with the concept there's even one more way to put it.  Back during the Cold War it was a common refrain that America paid a disproportionate cost of the defense of NATO; of Europe.  That the Europeans weren't paying as much for their own defense as we were. 

The point would often leave out the fact of a shared enemy.  Even more importantly it left out what the Europeans did bring to the table.  They provided the battlefield.  By choice of strategy they and we challenged the Soviets across Europe primarily.  Having the primary conventional battlefield someplace off our shores was bigger than any defense budget line item.

The operations in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere have obviously been expensive.  In every measure.  They've obviously not been absolute victories.  Though those rarely happen in non-conventional conflicts.  Those operations moved the battlefield from our backyard back to theirs though.  That's an immeasurable gain.

elvislee

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 10:30:25 PM »

if that's aimed at me, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Its aimed at THOSE who follow that route of thinking...Just that simple.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 10:33:47 PM »

For the few that have trouble with the concept there's even one more way to put it.  Back during the Cold War it was a common refrain that America paid a disproportionate cost of the defense of NATO; of Europe.  That the Europeans weren't paying as much for their own defense as we were. 

The point would often leave out the fact of a shared enemy.  Even more importantly it left out what the Europeans did bring to the table.  They provided the battlefield.  By choice of strategy they and we challenged the Soviets across Europe primarily.  Having the primary conventional battlefield someplace off our shores was bigger than any defense budget line item.

The operations in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere have obviously been expensive.  In every measure.  They've obviously not been absolute victories.  Though those rarely happen in non-conventional conflicts.  Those operations moved the battlefield from our backyard back to theirs though.  That's an immeasurable gain.

Don you bring up a key point that many miss... 
and is certainly rarely discussed publically....

Iraq/ Afghanistan  is the away game.  every crazy SOB who has a bent for attacking america goes there to shoot at or blow himself up near americans....  our Soldiers are aware of this..and keep VOLUNTEERING to go back.  why?  becuase they see value in this, and they see progress in these countries toward a better end state for them and for us.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 11:06:54 PM »

Don you bring up a key point that many miss... 
and is certainly rarely discussed publically....

Iraq/ Afghanistan  is the away game.  every crazy SOB who has a bent for attacking america goes there to shoot at or blow himself up near americans....  our Soldiers are aware of this..and keep VOLUNTEERING to go back.  why?  becuase they see value in this, and they see progress in these countries toward a better end state for them and for us.

The numbers on just that fact (those that volunteer to return or extend) are jaw dropping.  Don't have the bio's at hand to confirm this but think I remember it correctly that  Monsoor and Dunham were both on voluntary extensions when they earned their CMHs.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 11:14:06 PM »

No one has forgotten or trying to forget 9-11.  The reason we haven't been attacked since then is because we are more alert and smarter have a department called Homeland Security and not because of the war in Iraq.  As a mater of fact 15 of the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia and Prince Al Valid of Saudi was the one that said "American brought this upon themselves".  Osama is relative of him and they fully support his cause and support him financially.  Pakistan has nuclear weapon and they do support Taliban and Osama quietly.  No one is questioning our soldiers honor or courage.  It's the leaders motivations that are questionable.  I did vote for Bush and considering the alternatives, I will always vote Republican.  We need to fight terrorism, and yes there were training camps in Iraq, but 5 years and 150,000+ troops could have comb the southern Afghanistan and whip out Osama and his tugs.

One other note, over 90% of the scientist and brains who work in Iran's nuclear facility are from Russia.  You cut them off and the project will fail.

you know how may foreign fighters we killed a month in Iraq?  I do...staggering.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 11:18:09 PM »

you know how may foreign fighters we killed a month in Iraq?  I do...staggering.
Not enough!  ???

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 11:28:27 PM »

The numbers on just that fact (those that volunteer to return or extend) are jaw dropping.  Don't have the bio's at hand to confirm this but think I remember it correctly that  Monsoor and Dunham were both on voluntary extensions when they earned their CMHs.

the CMH citations are awesome..these brave young men ( hell, kids in many cases) are the bravest people i have ever heard of
it is inspiring... in a few weeks the CMH gathering will occur in Denver of all living recipients who can travel

I am trying very hard to be a part of it

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 11:29:07 PM »

Not enough!  ???

yea..thats why this thing takes time

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 12:12:25 AM »

Not enough!  ???

I agree Howie, not enough.  Why not fumigate Lebanon which is their staging camp?  That'll stop almost all of them (except the ones that go through Iran and Syria).

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 07:20:27 AM »

I agree Howie, not enough.  Why not fumigate Lebanon which is their staging camp?  That'll stop almost all of them (except the ones that go through Iran and Syria).
Political will?? Examine how long it took us to take out Iran (see April 18, !988 Operation Preying Mantis) or Iraq. Many of us think these things should be accomplished in the speed and manner in which Hollywood writers, producers and directors tell us!!!

Howie

Here you will find an article written by an Iranian... here is his perspective http://hereticdhammasangha.wordpress.com/2008/03/30/naval-clash-1988-us-navy-vs-iran-naval-coast-guard/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 09:43:58 AM by GH »

Sean M Cary

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 09:25:07 AM »

yea..thats why this thing takes time

correct...  The number of foreign fighters (in Anbar at least) ALWAYS exceeded the Iraqi sunni/shia deaths.  I can't remember the numbers, and they were all classified anyway - but the folks coming in to Jihad were doing a good job of thinning their ranks.

When I was in Iraq in 05-06 the first time, we were smacking in Anabar 80-90 a day.  That kind of attrition does not lend itself to continued aggression.

Sean
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 22 queries.