CVO Social > Ride Report

Sedona, AZ Get Together.

<< < (17/17)

Ironhorse:
Had lunch at this diner, which is decorated with running electric trains, and overlooks the train tracks that run along I-40.

Ironhorse:
Those blue skies and puffy white clouds gave way to heavy dark grey skies as we rolled out of Flagstaff. The trip down I-40 became wet. By the time we hit Needles it was clear and 88 degrees. That's about the coolest I can recall Needles being when I pass through. John and I spent the night in Barstow, before heading home on Sunday.

I stand corrected,...the most expensive gas was NOT in Needles, but in King City, off the 101.

Ironhorse:
I made it home at little after 4pm. The bike was filthy, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. All in all another great trip.

Here are some useless stats.

Longest day: Show Low to Barstow, 490 miles.
Shortest Day: Sedona to Grand Canyon and back, 220 miles.

Best fuel consumption: 44mpgs Sedona to Grand Canyon to Cameron. Running at posted speed limits at elevation.
Worst fuel consumption: 31mpgs Needles to Barstow. Running 90/95mph across the desert floor.

Best meal: Dinner at the Elote in Sedona.
Worst meal: Lunch at Hanagan Meadow.

Thanks for letting me share this with you, thanks to all the new friends I made this trip.

Mark

Jock:
Looks like everyone had an awesome time!

Thanks for taking the time to write up the ride report!  I have always found these to be helpful in planning journeys and seeing places under a different set of eyes.

:2vrolijk_21:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version