Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: My new wild cherry has landed.  (Read 4888 times)

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: My new wild cherry has landed.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2004, 10:06:01 PM »

How tall (and what brand) is the windshield in the photo?
Thanks

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2004, 11:08:22 PM »

It's the 8" dark grey from fastaire.  They're at www.fastaire.com.  Was less than $30.00.  I'm 5'10" and had been on other glides with a windshield the same height as what are stock on the SEEGs.  For me they're too short.  Lots of turbulence on the glasses and around the head.  This height is pretty good for me.  The top of the screen is just about an inch below my line of sight so I won't have to worry about not being able to see through it in the rain but the wind is still kicked up over me pretty good.

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2004, 09:05:04 AM »

Hey Spook_103 I have my 03 serk seat for sale if your still interested it was only on for a week or two. If you want to email me you can IM me.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 09:08:15 AM by droc »
113 inch S.E.
The parts list will never be put in writing :)

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2004, 12:06:34 PM »

I am definitely interested in the 03 SE seat.  Let me know how to get in touch with you as your email address is hidden.  Thanks in advance.  Spook.

onevtwinlover

• Junior CVO Member
  • It's all about the ride
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2004, 03:19:29 PM »

You guys have made me crazy with anticipation!!!  Mine arrived at the dealer in NC yesterday.  Should be picking it up this weekend.  I never thought I would even consider selling my Burgandy 2002 SERK.  After seeing your pictures I'm not sure if I'll keep the SERK or not.  Damn, that is one awesome looking bike!!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2004, 06:01:49 PM »

Hey OneV.  I spent another five hours or so out and about on mine today.  Like it more and more every mile.  Got enough miles on it now that things are settling in and starting to get comfortable.  All except the seat that is.  My personal seat-interface-unit (i.e., my ass) is really complaining loudly about that stock seat.  I think I'll put the Corbin on this evening and decide that I've done enough of the "before" part for the before and after comparison.

The frist evening mine was home in the garage I hung a few pre-collected trinkets on it.  I'm quite pleased with the way they began to dress out a few of the empty areas and kind of "complete" the overall appearance.  I'll try to post a few pics to give you an idea of what some fo the stuff looks like in place so everyone can decide what should be in their own cup of tea.

RRSteve

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2004, 09:56:49 PM »

Twolane,  I am gathering up stuff to put on mine when it arrives also. I noticed some of the things you have installed and I really like the horn cover. Where did you get it?  So far I have the led turn signals and tail light, an 8" and a 10" windshield from Fastaire, the lockable glove box doors and ultra brace for the tour box lid from Eglide Goodies, Blaupunkt replacement speakers, a Tunetrapper to eliminate the whip antenna, and a Sirius satellite kit. The dealer is supposed to install the breather kit, SE slip ons, and also have the race tuner before I take delivery.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2004, 11:01:39 PM »

Sounds like a good collection to start.  The horn cover was a Kurykakyn piece.

Something else that made a suprisingly nice impact in appearance on the fairing was the little chrome grills to go on the top of the radio and on top of the speakers.  Just kind of finished things out.

I didn't do LEDs on all the lights like you're planning to do.  I did swap the tail light/brake light housing for an LED piece with a smoked lense that Kuryakyn sells.  I liked the smoked lense  on it next to the (now) matching turn signal lenses.  It's not the fancier Panacea lights, just a straight up LED panel in the matching lense.  Works fine without any warning light from the security system or need of a load switch added.

The gas tank door was a big bare spot also and I put on the V-Wing version of the various replacement gas tank doors.  Also put a piece of trim on the middle of the front fender that really complements the new headlight and changed out that stupid oil line with the rubber hose for one that's a solid chromed piece end to end.  

I've also  got the TuneTrapper thing in the fairing and removed the whip antenna completely.  Still waiting for the J&M storage pouch kit for the XM receiver.  While waiting for the bike my sister got me a really cool Eagle kickstand that I've changed out also.  It's a slick looking part, the resting angle with it is perfect, and it's even better because it was a gift.

There have been a few other little things.  Some chrome mounting hardware to replace the stock bolts on the shift arms and the passenger pad brackets.  Hardware for the tranny, cam cover and primary and the front axle nuts.  Swapped the black caliper hardware for silver and also slid the rubber boots on the throttle cables down inside the fairing and put on the chromed covers to replace them.  Also added that trim piece on top of the fairing that's held on by the windshield screws.  

Aside from installing the Progressive shocks the second night it was home I guess that's about it.  That first day riding it I raised the shock pressure as high as 35psi and it was still so bad that if the car next to me hit a bump it would bottom out.  So they became something of a necessity.  It was something of a surprise just how different they were.  There's still a couple other little pieces I haven't got hung on it yet but the things that would stand out the most I did that first evening.

I'm not going to change the air cleaner,  chip, exhaust or install the Power Commander until it's got a few more miles on it.  Even though the esthetic changes are what were completed first these are the parts I'm really looking forward to  [smiley=6.gif] .

I still can't make up my mind regarding the saddlebag and tour pak spoilers though.  I kinda like the looks of them but am not completely sanguine with their wire routing and disconnects.  Still going to have think about that one some.

Hey, if anyone with an 04 that's added a tour pak wants a Screamin' (Eagle?) deal on the jumper cable, mounting bracket, whip and antenna mount piece to move the antenna up on the tour pak let me know.  I have no intention of ever using them again.

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2004, 09:31:09 AM »

Droc are you there.  Need to talk to you about the 03 SERK seat.  Thanks.  Spook.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2004, 02:16:19 PM »

Droc are you there.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2004, 02:46:39 PM »

Thank you.  I figured that out after I posted the message and behold had a message with the information I required.  I can tear down and build and engine in an afternoon, but give a computer and I feel handicapped finding the on-off button.  Thanks again.  Spook.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2004, 07:59:54 PM »

Hey Twolanerider,
 Where is the location of the old gas station in the picture.
Looks like it could sit on a good road to ride.

Thanks ,
  Dave

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2004, 08:35:56 PM »

David B welcome to the board.  Yer gonna like it here! [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2004, 08:57:03 PM »

Thanks for the welcome JCZ.

Looks like you guys have a good thing going here from what I have seen,
After learning to ride an Allstate 124 back in the 60`s all I have owned is a Harley;
Pan, Shovel, Evo , and now a Twin cam 103 on the way. I am here to learn about the new Beast and I hope I can contribute back at least a small precentage of what I have taken from this sight already.

Thanks,
 DavidB

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2004, 09:03:32 PM »

Hey Twolanerider,

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.