Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Road glide ultra cvo only starts in neutral with new quick detach trunk  (Read 1184 times)

magoo1500

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

Removed.....

I had the dealer do the 15k,tires and an quick detach last week.They delivered it with the trunk on.I took it off and went for a short ride friday.I always start it in neutral in my garage,so didnt think much of it.I got to my destination and today and was wtf.....took it out of gear and fired right up....

So the question is,is there something disconnected when the trunk is off,or is there a switch problem.

Oh and with the trunk removed the bike looks awsome!
2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)

Sounds like a coincidence. I just had a similar situation recently. The first time I took it in to the shop for no start except in neutral they did some minor filing/adjustment on the inside of the clutch lever(?) and it was working as designed again. Then a few weeks ago it wouldn't start unless it was in neutral again. This time they replaced the left side handlebar switches and at least for now all is good.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

magoo1500

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

And it may be....I work at a body shop and completely understand coincidence.....just inquiring before I call the dealer.

05Quadrasteer

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2020 Road Glide CVO
    • CVO2: 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
    • CVO3: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO (totaled after hitting a deer)

Sounds like coincidence.  That damn pesky clutch switch is part that seems to wear out.  Mine was doing that for months not starting in gear.  Finally remembered to tell the dealership about it when it went in for other work and sure enough it was bad, replaced under esp.

If I start to notice what I consider little things I wait until I have a couple of them before I take it to the dealer so it is only the one charge of $50 instead of a charge for each item if I took them all in at different times.

Bill
Bill
2023 Road Glide CVO
2012 Road Glide Custom CVO (totaled after hitting a deer)

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)

My clutch lever sensor went out near end of my warranty.  Took me a few minutes to figure out just put it in neutral to start as I usually park in gear when in parking lots that may have a slight slope.  Dealer had to order the left bar control module but was a pretty quick fix once they got it in. 
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

magoo1500

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

Talked to the dealer today,he is getting the part ordered and told me to stop by and will get it taken care of under warranty.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.