Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Why no "CVO" line of apparel from H-D?  (Read 9809 times)

rasmusmi

Why no "CVO" line of apparel from H-D?
« on: August 04, 2004, 09:27:29 PM »

There are enough CVO's out there now (how many since 1999??...lots!) that it would be nice if H-D offered a separate line of shirts, hats, sweatshirts, etc. just for CVO's.

I'm not talking the "Screamin' Eagle" stuff...there's already an assortment of that racing brand stuff offered by Harley now.  

How many out there would buy a hat or t-shirt that just had 'CVO" letters on the front (and maybe the Bar & Shield or Screamin' Eagle emblem on the back)?  I sure would!  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]  What does everyone else think?

Ride safe and have fun! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
Re: Why no "CVO" line of apparel from H-
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 01:49:11 PM »

I agree!  It would be nice to have a shirt or hat with the CVO theme.

Skull

Glave

• Full CVO Member
  • There is no substition for Cubic Inches!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 02:01:49 PM »

Coutn me in!!!!! [smiley=bigok.gif]
'02 FLHRSEI,  Thunder Header,K&N Highflow  Air, Power Commander III

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 05:13:44 PM »

There are enough CVO's out there now (how many since 1999??...lots!) that it would be nice if H-D offered a separate line of shirts, hats, sweatshirts, etc. just for CVO's.

I'm not talking the "Screamin' Eagle" stuff...there's already an assortment of that racing brand stuff offered by Harley now.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 06:56:09 PM »

considering H-D will put the bar and shield on just about anything the think can sell i dont see why they woulndt take a chance on a CVO line
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

flhrsei2_gret's_is for sale

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 10:05:28 AM »

Let me take a guess why there isn't a CVO line?

Check with Karen Davidson - she picks and choses what will have the HD logo.

If it was decided to have a line of clothes for CVO - it might be "too expensive" to customize clothes for such a "small market"?

« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 02:54:32 PM by flhrsei-2_for_sale »
...at my age knowledge is not based on what the book says, because - we write the books.

SE-Dave

• Full CVO Member
  • "AWESOME"
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 10:51:06 AM »

[smiley=confused5.gif]I know  how about a CVO Jacket exclusivley for CVO owners [smiley=beerchug.gif] Harley did it when they introduced the "Heritage Softail Springer"  Hell they can even make it "Special Order" paid in full up front so they would not loose their ASS'etts.  [smiley=oops.gif] Anyway I think by the amount of New Bikes on the Showroom Floors the tide is turned and H-D has a bigger fish on the hook.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] just my stupid take.
                                                      [smiley=beerchug.gif]Ride On, s/e Dave

mfgreen

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 11:17:51 AM »

Let me take a guess why there isn't a CVO line? Maybe it's because Mzzzzzz. Karen Davidson, daughter of Willie G.... is not "into" the line yet? Or, she is too busy coming up with ideas with her seamstresses around the world? Or, she might be too busy clothing her family with ideas that may or may not sell? She could be involved with fashion "intents" or "events" or meetings of the minds..... *hummmmmmmmm*

Not to dis. Ms. Davidson, but she is THEEE matriarch of the clothing lines. She picks and choses what will have the HD logo. I see that going on at big corporations like the place I'm at.... every little section of the company doesn't have it's own cap, shirt, jacket, etc... Just a main logo...

If it was decided to have a line of clothes for CVO - it might be "too expensive" to customize clothes for such a "small market"? The execs. can be asked this question at the Tomahawk ralley - along with

"what happens on the CVO's when the chrome peels?"
"what happens on the CVO's when the paint doesn't match?"
"what happens to us CVO owners when we are doubtful of the purchase we made?"
"do you want to appease me by clothing me with your CVO plaster across you know what?"
"can you just make me happy by giving me an air intake regulator that doesn't peel?"
"I'm not asking for a line of clothing - just a good chrome job."

The owner lives with it or changes it....or gets friendly with a body shop man and a chrome plater that can make the change.
H-D has done the best they can for you offering all the larger, looser fitting sizes to insure that the entire Harley-Davidson Motor Company name is legible.
The good chrome that doesn't peel seems that it will be left to others, with a better process of plating polishing, etc. to make you happy with your bike.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 12:40:31 PM by mfgreen »

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 02:33:07 PM »

Well then, why don't we get our own CVO long sleeve shirts silk screened for us CVO board members?
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

HDBIGMAN

• THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 10:42:23 AM »

That would be outstanding if the would offer a line of CVO apparel and accessories. Hay something along that line for 2005 you can order a CVO key, apparently only CVO owners can order them (who else would want one) because they require your bikes serial number to place the order. I ordered mine about 5 or 6 weeks ago but haven't got it yet. Maybe this item is just the first in a CVO line.

eddieboy

• write on!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 04:28:16 PM »

If H-D won't come out with a CVO line of clothing, I recommend going to the Roswell, New Mexico web-site and ordering one of their neat UFO items, in a silent but phonetically-close protest to Milwaukee.

That'll teach 'em! [smiley=worthless.gif]
eddieboy

Dennis-FXDWG3

• See YA!

• CVO1: 2002 FXDWG-3
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2004, 10:15:53 PM »

Sooner or later someone on this site (new member or old) will have access to a press.  We can then print some up for ourselves!

[smiley=beerchug.gif]
2002 FXDWG3
1991 FLT Ultra Classic
1976 FXE SuperGlide

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2004, 08:50:45 AM »

i have added "CVO" apparel to the back of my SERK

but it wasnt a cheap project

mfgreen

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2004, 11:45:04 AM »

What are the products that you are interested in obtaining?

Glave

• Full CVO Member
  • There is no substition for Cubic Inches!
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2004, 01:04:31 PM »

What are the products that you are interested in obtaining?

I personally would be interested in some form of patch and/or jacket.  And of course the obligtory pin [smiley=laugh.gif]

'02 FLHRSEI,  Thunder Header,K&N Highflow  Air, Power Commander III

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2004, 08:53:24 PM »

A CVO line of edible panties?  Otherwise things like a tshirt or sweatshirt (embroidered rather than a transfer would be preferable).  The pin is a good idea.  Maybe a ball cap.  How about a denim jacket or vest.  And, oh yeah, the edible panties (yes, it actually is a request from the bleacher seats over my shoulder).

Slightly more seriously, does anyone know if there actually is a trademarked CVO logo that would have to be avoided?  This is Harley we're talking about.  If someone makes one dirty tshirt and the stain even resembles a bar and shield a lawyer will show up at your door.

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2004, 10:20:15 PM »

I think a patch would be cool.  Have it say CVO and the name of your bike.  Maybe a matching hat to go with.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2004, 10:38:35 AM »

Slightly more seriously, does anyone know if there actually is a trademarked CVO logo that would have to be avoided?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2004, 01:42:57 PM »

Guys.......Harley Davidson kind of let's things go regarding web sites like this one as long as it's kept clean in language and photos and nobody is making or charging any money.

Clothing line.......I'd suggest don't even go there.  Especially, cause it might have a trickle down effect that could be harmful to this site.  It's just not worth it guys.  

What you might do is what I've already done, by contacting HD and letting them know that you guys would like a CVO line much like we did years ago, to get the Screamin Eagle line.  I don't know why HD is so slow to pick up on this kind of thing, but they are.   Good luck.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2004, 10:31:45 PM »

Talked to a rep at street vibes they said it maybe an idea worth pursing but probaly wouldn't get far fast because of the screamin eagle line of clothing already represents this product line.  Which I guess is true.  [smiley=cry2.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

mfgreen

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2004, 08:56:52 AM »

Talked to a rep at street vibes they said it maybe an idea worth pursing but probaly wouldn't get far fast because of the screamin eagle line of clothing already represents this product line.  Which I guess is true.  [smiley=cry2.gif]

Hey Mr Magoo,

Screamin Eagle line is much broader market for H-D.  The SE line represents the "racing" or high performance line of "offroad" products that according to the catalog....void the warranty or are not for street use.   Funny with all of the problems with chrome, cranks, electrics and mechanicals, and varying degrees of what is warranteed and what is not they forgot to tell us "because of the enormous amount of Screamin Eagle parts, you are not allowed to operate your bike or it will void the warranty".

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2004, 10:24:19 AM »

along the lines of what JCZ said, if anyone wants to have a patch or a pin made you can do that however it cannot be marketed/sold through this web site, the picture of my license plate frame is just one example, of what you could do. unfortunately it can get expensive to do one off pieces for yourself

mfgreen

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2004, 10:31:05 AM »

along the lines of what JCZ said, if anyone wants to have a patch or a pin made you can do that however it cannot be marketed/sold through this web site, the picture of my license plate frame is just one example, of what you could do. unfortunately it can get expensive to do one off pieces for yourself

I was thinking sort of a "rocker" that included the site address or a belt buckle and or pin that was similar to the business card(s).

even something like:

Custom
Vehicle
Owner
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 12:09:32 PM by mfgreen »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2004, 08:15:21 PM »

I had a few patches made.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 08:16:57 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2004, 08:33:02 PM »

JCZ
ARE YOU HAVING MORE OF THESE MADE  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] IF SO ILL TAKE 3 ORG n BLK  [smiley=beerchug.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2004, 09:08:54 PM »

JCZ
ARE YOU HAVING MORE OF THESE MADE

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2004, 10:42:07 PM »

And I wear my patch proudly thank you very much JC.  At most shows and rallies there are venders that will put most anything on a patch( computer sewing machine).
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

RedFXR2

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2004, 04:39:19 PM »

This may be old news for you guys but I've never visited the York factory and recently learned that they have a retail gift shop.  I asked them if they had a catalog so the public would know what they have in there for sale, but I was told that the company doesn't push that merchandise, they just have it for the factory visitors.  I know that there are some CVO-specific items in there but that's all I know.  Maybe they have CVO apparel and who knows what else?  Anybody been there and can they report on what they stock in the store?

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2004, 07:24:12 PM »

I was at the York plant in June this year.  I didn't notice any CVO items.  Most of the stuff had "Vehicle Operations, York,Pa" written on it.  I bought a hat, sweatshirt, and dress shirt.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

HDBIGMAN

• THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2004, 07:51:31 PM »

I assume Harley really doesn't have any trouble selling the CVO bike but I would think it couldn't hurt if the CVO bikes were perceived as more exclusive and making a line of CVO clothing, accessories available only to owners of CVO bikes would certiainly add an air of exclusivity.

Something else that might be of interest to CVO owners would be a Motor Company run CVO owners club or maybe a special segment within the HOG club for the CVO owners.

As usual if things are selling well I'm sure they won't see a need of anything special for any of their models. Anyone have any suggestions where and to whom at Harley these type of suggestions should be sent?

RedFXR2

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2004, 08:36:05 PM »

I was at the York plant in June this year.

RedFXR2

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2004, 08:47:19 PM »

I assume Harley really doesn't have any trouble selling the CVO bike but I would think it couldn't hurt if the CVO bikes were perceived as more exclusive and making a line of CVO clothing, accessories available only to owners of CVO bikes would certiainly add an air of exclusivity.

Something else that might be of interest to CVO owners would be a Motor Company run CVO owners club or maybe a special segment within the HOG club for the CVO owners.

As usual if things are selling well I'm sure they won't see a need of anything special for any of their models. Anyone have any suggestions where and to whom at Harley these type of suggestions should be sent?

I would think it would be quite easy to start up a CVO-stuff line, and require a VIN or something for the "privilege" of paying $80 for a $30 shirt. [smiley=laugh.gif]

And I would be right there, buying stuff.

Shirts and caps with embroidered CVO bikes by year and color.  CVO logo seats.  Color-matched license frames.  Key fobs, wallets, belts, watches.

They need to hire us as Marketing Directors.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2004, 08:39:05 AM »

we already are a CVO group, just not officialy sanctioned by the MoCo

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2004, 11:34:12 AM »

Speaking to the notion of this "not officially sanctioned" group as opposed to something individual (as opposed to "special) from Harley itself; I'd actually worry a bit if Harley set up some sanctioned individual group either as a subset of HOG or as a purchasing entity for motorclothes.  Especially a subgroup within HOG.  

My fear is that rather than a group of folks that curb race when the notion hits them, who decide to meet in the mountains and share some twisties and a beverage, or do other things pretty much just for the enjoyment and collegiality of it is that some HOG subgroup might be relatively well populated with stuck up snots and weiners (using "snots" and "weiners" because one probably can't write "pricks" and "assholes" in this medium) whose self-importance is only defeated by their lack of actual riding time.  

I (personally) would be more interested in chatting or hanging with a group of people who got together (even if informally) because they actually ride and share an interest as opposed to a group brought together because they could afford the bike and bought the patch and want to shine them both and show it off one or two weekends a year.  I guess my fear is that the MoCo "sanctioning" such a thing and thereby making its access as easy as mailing in the check might bring the squirrels out of their cage.

RedFXR2

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2004, 02:25:05 PM »

Speaking to the notion of this "not officially sanctioned" group as opposed to something individual (as opposed to "special) from Harley itself; I'd actually worry a bit if Harley set up some sanctioned individual group either as a subset of HOG or as a purchasing entity for motorclothes.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2004, 02:40:03 PM »

Whatever Harley decides to market and sell, those who have like interests in actually riding a lot will still be able to do that.

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2004, 08:01:12 AM »

Guys , dont hold your breath 4 cvo clothes . It's not gonna happen anytime soon . However if you want some really good riding apparel look at the FXRG line at HD . I have 2 sets of gloves and a middle weight jacket that are grrrrreat!!!!!! now if i can just squeeeeeze my ass in a pair of those leather pants...... [smiley=nervous.gif]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 07:41:31 PM by booboosboss »
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 21 queries.