Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Why no "CVO" line of apparel from H-D?  (Read 9807 times)

RedFXR2

Re: Why no "CVO" line of apparel from H-
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2004, 08:36:05 PM »

I was at the York plant in June this year.

RedFXR2

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2004, 08:47:19 PM »

I assume Harley really doesn't have any trouble selling the CVO bike but I would think it couldn't hurt if the CVO bikes were perceived as more exclusive and making a line of CVO clothing, accessories available only to owners of CVO bikes would certiainly add an air of exclusivity.

Something else that might be of interest to CVO owners would be a Motor Company run CVO owners club or maybe a special segment within the HOG club for the CVO owners.

As usual if things are selling well I'm sure they won't see a need of anything special for any of their models. Anyone have any suggestions where and to whom at Harley these type of suggestions should be sent?

I would think it would be quite easy to start up a CVO-stuff line, and require a VIN or something for the "privilege" of paying $80 for a $30 shirt. [smiley=laugh.gif]

And I would be right there, buying stuff.

Shirts and caps with embroidered CVO bikes by year and color.  CVO logo seats.  Color-matched license frames.  Key fobs, wallets, belts, watches.

They need to hire us as Marketing Directors.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2004, 08:39:05 AM »

we already are a CVO group, just not officialy sanctioned by the MoCo
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2004, 11:34:12 AM »

Speaking to the notion of this "not officially sanctioned" group as opposed to something individual (as opposed to "special) from Harley itself; I'd actually worry a bit if Harley set up some sanctioned individual group either as a subset of HOG or as a purchasing entity for motorclothes.  Especially a subgroup within HOG.  

My fear is that rather than a group of folks that curb race when the notion hits them, who decide to meet in the mountains and share some twisties and a beverage, or do other things pretty much just for the enjoyment and collegiality of it is that some HOG subgroup might be relatively well populated with stuck up snots and weiners (using "snots" and "weiners" because one probably can't write "pricks" and "assholes" in this medium) whose self-importance is only defeated by their lack of actual riding time.  

I (personally) would be more interested in chatting or hanging with a group of people who got together (even if informally) because they actually ride and share an interest as opposed to a group brought together because they could afford the bike and bought the patch and want to shine them both and show it off one or two weekends a year.  I guess my fear is that the MoCo "sanctioning" such a thing and thereby making its access as easy as mailing in the check might bring the squirrels out of their cage.

RedFXR2

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2004, 02:25:05 PM »

Speaking to the notion of this "not officially sanctioned" group as opposed to something individual (as opposed to "special) from Harley itself; I'd actually worry a bit if Harley set up some sanctioned individual group either as a subset of HOG or as a purchasing entity for motorclothes.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2004, 02:40:03 PM »

Whatever Harley decides to market and sell, those who have like interests in actually riding a lot will still be able to do that.

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2004, 08:01:12 AM »

Guys , dont hold your breath 4 cvo clothes . It's not gonna happen anytime soon . However if you want some really good riding apparel look at the FXRG line at HD . I have 2 sets of gloves and a middle weight jacket that are grrrrreat!!!!!! now if i can just squeeeeeze my ass in a pair of those leather pants...... [smiley=nervous.gif]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 07:41:31 PM by booboosboss »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.