Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: BUILD DATE needed for all FLHXSE2 with 100 watt amplifier problem  (Read 47148 times)

gtaboyz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Diamond Black Inferno Orange SESG

• CVO1: '04 SEEG Orange / Black
    • CVO2: '10 SESG Tequilla Sunrise
    • CVO3: '11 SESG Diamond Black / Inferno Orange
Re: BUILD DATE needed for all FLHXSE2 with 100 watt amplifier problem
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2013, 11:45:03 PM »

FLHXSE2 Build date last week of April 2011 delivery date 5-11-11, Thanks Mano!, Chip
So Far....120.5HP/120.5TQ....Screamin' Eagle Pro110 Upgrade, 10.5:1 High Compression Pistons, SE-259E Cams, Baisley Adjustable Pushrods, Baisley Heads, SE 58mm Throttle Body, SE High Flow Injectors, High Performance Clutch Spring, SE Pro Super Tuner, SE Heavy Breather, D&D Fat Cat 2:1 Exhaust w/ Left Side Falsie, Chrome Inner Primary, Chrome 1.4KW Starter, HD Saddle Bag Lid Speakers w/ Rear Amp, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak, Custom Alligator Seat, Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna, Zumo 665, +++

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2013, 04:03:47 PM »

FLHXSE2 Build date last week of April 2011 delivery date 5-11-11, Thanks Mano!, Chip

Updated. Thanks Chip.

2 Disturbed

• CVO1: 2011 SESG, Black Diamond & Crimson
« Reply #212 on: February 08, 2013, 04:09:59 AM »

I call BULL chit on HD!!!  My original amp went out at 300 miles.  The second amp went out at the very beginning of my 4500 mile Sturgis ride.  I was PISSED!!  My bike was bone stock when two HD amps went out.  The only non-Harley mods on the bike was me and my personal belongings.

Basically, I had the original amp and a replacement HD amp, replaced on a bone stock bike.  That means two amps went out on my bone stock bike.  Have I said it enough????  I then had the TTS tuner/Fullsac X-pipe, and baffles installed while waiting on my back ordered HD amp.  My third amp was installed, and my tweeters were replaced.  Currently, I'm not having any problems.  The volumne seems to be ok.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

I will take HD to small claims court on a lemon law action if I have any further issues.  HD will pay to replace the crappy stereo system with a quality and working system!!

Well, I had updated tweeters replaced a couple months ago again for the second time. So thats 3 sets of tweeters and 4 amps in my bike in 14k miles, and the system just crapped out again.  It will need to be diagnosed to find out if its the amp, tweeters, speakers or?
2011 SESG with Fullsac X-pipe, TTS Tuner, 2.0 Fulsac baffles, and dyno at 96 HP and 110 torque by Steve at Fulsac.
1994 Road King, 1990 Heritage Softail, 1987 FXR, 1984 FXR.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2013, 12:47:41 PM »

Well, I had updated tweeters replaced a couple months ago again for the second time. So thats 3 sets of tweeters and 4 amps in my bike in 14k miles, and the system just crapped out again.  It will need to be diagnosed to find out if its the amp, tweeters, speakers or?

Ish....Head unit?????

The last time mine cr@pped out they replaced the tweeters and head unit. 40 000 KM/25 000 Miles last year and all is well.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2013, 12:58:50 PM »

Ish....Head unit?????

The last time mine cr@pped out they replaced the tweeters and head unit. 40 000 KM/25 000 Miles last year and all is well.

Saying that I was taking to a salesman that used to work at the dealership I was going to for the repairs. He now works at another H.D. Dealership (not the one that I go to now) and he said....."I have never seen a new bike pulled a part so many times as much as yours". So maybe it's time to move on to another dealer. The mechanic at your dealer might be a bit close minded or I just got lucky last year. :nervous:.

DeuceBG

• Reality is Just a Matter of Perception......
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2013, 11:40:36 AM »

Not sure on build date or even how to find it but all sound has now gone on my Krypto  >:(
It was absolutely fine when I put it away for winter but now there's nothing.
All the instruments and the Ipod / Head Unit functions seem to work OK but nothing at all from the speakers.
Still under warranty as I bought second hand last year but I'm still really p@@@ed off!!
Just over 5000 miles on the clock.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2013, 05:07:01 PM »

Not sure on build date or even how to find it but all sound has now gone on my Krypto  >:(
It was absolutely fine when I put it away for winter but now there's nothing.
All the instruments and the Ipod / Head Unit functions seem to work OK but nothing at all from the speakers.
Still under warranty as I bought second hand last year but I'm still really p@@@ed off!!
Just over 5000 miles on the clock.

Updated on master list. When you go to the dealer they will be able to tell you your build date with you VIN number.

aaazdaddy

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO #4: 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Sapphire/Cold Fusion
    • CA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Antique Gunstock/Autumn Haze
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2013, 09:17:50 PM »

Well, I have a 2011 FLHXSE2 that has a build date of August 2010. With 4000 miles, now the right side is fading in and out. Haven't read all the way through this thread to see what problem everyone else is having, but that is mine. Four months out of warranty so dealer says any diagnosis, etc is on my dime. Had the bike for an hour and said they couldn't duplicate the problem, charged me $105 dollars and sent me on my way, despite my complaints that it does it primarily when riding, not sitting still. Wish I could get the factory to step up and honor this. If anyone has any ideas/solutions I'd appreciate a shout. I bought the bike used on eBay, so i'm not the original owner... it only had 1900 miles on it when I bought in September.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2013, 05:15:10 PM »

Well aaazdaddy if I had a crystal ball and knew what I was going to go threw in the last 2 years I would have replaced the the amp and speakers. I like the look of the head unit so I would keep that. In my case I got my scoot new and the 5 year extended warranty so why should I let H.D. off the hook. I have to say that once it is working it's not that bad of a system.

Saying that I think you should read this thread or better yet download it. Tons of good information if you want to use it to repair what you have BUT if I was you with no warranty I would just go ahead and replace the amp and speakers. Talk to TIF2 (Rich) or look up some of the threads. He can help you with that or his threads will.

From my experience, In a nut shell, you will have a confused mechanic in the sense that they really cannot pin point the problem so they start guessing by swapping out the head unit, amp, speakers, tweeters, wiring harnesses, ipod harness and ect. They will even perform the service bulletin M-1315 speaker test till they finally get it right. With no warranty all those parts and labour that is a new system and then some and it will save you the countless visits to the dealer because they will do it in stages. Then after all that I would never trust this system.

Good luck.

Mano.

DeuceBG

« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2013, 02:20:32 AM »

Just a quick update....The bike went in to my local dealership in Lincoln UK yesterday.
It's not the one I bought it from but it's the one I usually deal with when they have the bike I want and it's only 15 miles away from my door.
The Techie, Mike stripped the fairing off and ran through the diagnosis and found that the head unit had the wrong software installed so he first corrected that but it didn't solve the problem.
He carried on through the sequence and quickly found that the amp was crapped out as you guys would say.
They ordered me a new, updated one which is showing as "In Stock" in Belgium and it should be back with me mid next week.   
Hopefully that will see it right and by then my new LRS Ultra Screen should be here too...... :orange: :mango: :bananarock:

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2013, 08:29:00 AM »

Just a quick update....The bike went in to my local dealership in Lincoln UK yesterday.
It's not the one I bought it from but it's the one I usually deal with when they have the bike I want and it's only 15 miles away from my door.
The Techie, Mike stripped the fairing off and ran through the diagnosis and found that the head unit had the wrong software installed so he first corrected that but it didn't solve the problem.
He carried on through the sequence and quickly found that the amp was crapped out as you guys would say.
They ordered me a new, updated one which is showing as "In Stock" in Belgium and it should be back with me mid next week.   
Hopefully that will see it right and by then my new LRS Ultra Screen should be here too...... :orange: :mango: :bananarock:

Just hope now that nothing else is crapped out. You will only find out once the new amp goes in. It is a possibility that there is more than one problem. Tweeters or maybe a speaker or even the head unit. Installing the new software does not make it good. Good luck.

DeuceBG

« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2013, 11:04:43 AM »

Now's the time to find out cos it has warranty til October 13 so I'll be blasting those sounds out as much as possible til then.....

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2013, 09:28:52 AM »

Now's the time to find out cos it has warranty til October 13 so I'll be blasting those sounds out as much as possible til then.....

Good call. :2vrolijk_21:

Once it is working it's not that bad.

DeuceBG

« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2013, 11:42:05 AM »

Good call. :2vrolijk_21:

Once it is working it's not that bad.

All fixed with a nice new, updated AMP and sounding the business.... :orange:  :mango: :bananarock: :jalapeno:
BTW it turns out that my bike was built 17 March 2011. :2vrolijk_21:

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2013, 04:35:00 PM »

All fixed with a nice new, updated AMP and sounding the business.... :orange:  :mango: :bananarock: :jalapeno:
BTW it turns out that my bike was built 17 March 2011. :2vrolijk_21:

Glad to hear things are working.

Master list updated.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.