Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: FYI...It's official...price increase on 2015 CVO as of this morning...  (Read 19093 times)

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond crimson tags. Stage one with V&H slip on ovals. Rider backrest.
Re: FYI...It's official...price increase on 2015 CVO as of this morning...
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2014, 06:02:58 PM »

nicely put JSWERVE, couldn't have said it any better. Any where in around the $40k mark for two wheels no matter what she is, is a little ridiculous. But if that's what you want go crazy.

Rkw

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2014, 06:11:01 PM »

Some dealers I called today are quoting $35,499 still. Are the stickers for the Candy or all colors It seems to me that Harley should announce it. I know the website has shown starting at $36,349 but they also profile the Candy; meanwhile the dealers don't even seem to know, and it's Monday night, not Sat morning. Are they now saying all colors are equally priced?

I think the other 3 colors are/should be $35,499----the dealers who sold the Candy at that price may have got hurt--not the customer.

However, now what about the customer getting beat-no way the other. 3 should be priced like the Candy.

Thoughts-clarification-what do you see in your area? Tonight's price.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2014, 06:36:37 PM »

I must be missing something because the price increase from 14-15 is no more than 200.00 on the ultra limited, as confirmed by my dealer quote (Not the cvo, which is still only a $350.00 difference).
Where are you getting 2k?
If your getting this from your dealer I certainly won't shop there.

I don't have a dealer (don't have to worry about shopping anywhere not buying anything ;) ) and I don't even know what the original issue was at this point or how we got to this point. What was the comparison between?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 06:40:35 PM »

King I just went back and reread everything. There was a typo that caused all the confusion. 14 Limiteds are 23k at my dealer. That's where the 2k comes from. It's no biggy, I personally would by a 14 vs a 15 and pump the 2k into a pipe, air breather, and tune. I don't see enough changes on the 15 to pay the difference between the 2. That was my point. If you feel differently that certainly is OK, after all, it's your scratch :)

Sorry for the confusion!  :2vrolijk_21:

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

grandam111111

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 07:58:56 PM »

Awesome!!

King2013

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2014, 08:07:28 PM »

King I just went back and reread everything. There was a typo that caused all the confusion. 14 Limiteds are 23k at my dealer. That's where the 2k comes from. It's no biggy, I personally would by a 14 vs a 15 and pump the 2k into a pipe, air breather, and tune. I don't see enough changes on the 15 to pay the difference between the 2. That was my point. If you feel differently that certainly is OK, after all, it's your scratch :)

Sorry for the confusion!  :2vrolijk_21:

Ok, a typo explains it.
I would try to beat the dealer on the 15 to start with. Hopefully they learned a lesson that a sale is better than keeping them. My dealer still has 10 2014s in stock,  if he don't deal on the 15 than that's one less sale he'll make until his14s are gone, I figure that's when he'll want to move his 15s. Either way they're scrambling now to move them but they ain't having much luck. Seasons almost over here now,  it's getting down in the low 50s.

King2013

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2014, 08:17:01 PM »

Some dealers I called today are quoting $35,499 still. Are the stickers for the Candy or all colors It seems to me that Harley should announce it. I know the website has shown starting at $36,349 but they also profile the Candy; meanwhile the dealers don't even seem to know, and it's Monday night, not Sat morning. Are they now saying all colors are equally priced?

I think the other 3 colors are/should be $35,499----the dealers who sold the Candy at that price may have got hurt--not the customer.

However, now what about the customer getting beat-no way the other. 3 should be priced like the Candy.

Thoughts-clarification-what do you see in your area? Tonight's price.

HD changed their Web site to say that they're all priced at 36349.00 now.
That sucks, I understood the higher cost of the hard candy because it's additional on all the other lines.
I was looking into the yellow and black but I'm thinking now that i won't save the 800.00 the hard candy might hold value better.
Nah, I'm just gonna get a limited with the detachable kit. I've had enough of this cvo crap already.
They have destroyed resale on them so why bother at this point.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2014, 08:21:50 PM »

I've had enough of this cvo crap already.
They have destroyed resale on them so why bother at this point.
:2vrolijk_21:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2014, 08:26:30 PM »

Ok, a typo explains it.
I would try to beat the dealer on the 15 to start with. Hopefully they learned a lesson that a sale is better than keeping them. My dealer still has 10 2014s in stock,  if he don't deal on the 15 than that's one less sale he'll make until his14s are gone, I figure that's when he'll want to move his 15s. Either way they're scrambling now to move them but they ain't having much luck. Seasons almost over here now,  it's getting down in the low 50s.
It's cooler here too. Low 60's

King2013

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2014, 08:40:10 PM »

It's cooler here too. Low 60's

The 60s aren't too bad, the low 60s I'd probably still have to sit it out. I went to go for a ride Sunday morning and it was an even 50º with the high expected to creep it's way up to around 70 by 2pm then back down to the 50s by 4pm, I put it back in the garage. Lol
I can't do the cold anymore, to many ailments after the accident.
I think we might get 1 or 2 more good riding weeks but that's about it.
Last year we went into late October I think it was.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 08:45:16 PM »

The 60s aren't too bad, the low 60s I'd probably still have to sit it out. I went to go for a ride Sunday morning and it was an even 50º with the high expected to creep it's way up to around 70 by 2pm then back down to the 50s by 4pm, I put it back in the garage. Lol
I can't do the cold anymore, to many ailments after the accident.
I think we might get 1 or 2 more good riding weeks but that's about it.
Last year we went into late October I think it was.

Same here. If it's not at least mid 60's with sunshine, it's staying in the garage. I've got just shy of 10k in this season which isn't too bad considering we basically only get May-September and it's been cold in May and September this year!

King2013

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 11:48:55 PM »

Same here. If it's not at least mid 60's with sunshine, it's staying in the garage. I've got just shy of 10k in this season which isn't too bad considering we basically only get May-September and it's been cold in May and September this year!

The arthritis is the worst part and recently told I have rsd from the permanent nerve damage in my foot don't help. Just surprised I was able to and got to ride as much as I did this season. I got in a whole 900 miles, really not bad considering how bad my accident was just a year ago. I still hurt a lot but life goes on like it or not.
Our season usually goes from April-october, this year didn't hit mid 60s until around the middle of June and our September is the same as yours, too dam cold already.
Must be all this global warming.  Ha

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2014, 05:42:03 PM »

I know this has been debated in the past also but the gap is getting bigger for pricing for us north of the boarder.

As posted on the Harley web sites.

$36 349 U.S.
$44 379 CAD.

$8 030 Deference. :o

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 05:42:29 PM »

I know this has been debated in the past also but the gap is getting bigger for pricing for us north of the boarder.

As posted on the Harley web sites.

$36 349 U.S.
$44 379 CAD.

$8 030 Deference. :o
Ouch

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2014, 06:02:41 PM »

I haven't checked the conversion rate lately but was hoping you folks up north were getting some relief with this... That's a significant cost increase for an already expensive endeavor in either country. I like going into Canada but haven't been in the east much due to work requirements - riding was a back burner activity for a couple of seasons. All behind me now hopefully - next season I'll ride the Maritimes and maybe plan a return to Newfoundland if time permits.

Jesse - when I was your age now I was riding, but with three kids as well and working to support the family, looking at a CVO was really out of the question. Good for you is all I can say - you're doing well...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 22 queries.