Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: FYI...It's official...price increase on 2015 CVO as of this morning...  (Read 19100 times)

King2013

Re: FYI...It's official...price increase on 2015 CVO as of this morning...
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2014, 07:15:59 PM »

I know this has been debated in the past also but the gap is getting bigger for pricing for us north of the boarder.

As posted on the Harley web sites.

$36 349 U.S.
$44 379 CAD.

$8 030 Deference. :o

I can't imagine it costing HD that much more to bring them across the boarder.
Does it really or does HD think the Canadians have that much more money than us?
The HD pricing is really ridiculous the days.

King2013

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2014, 07:20:59 PM »

Something else that bothers me with the motor company, they say in most of their new ads that they have listened to the customer?
Who were they listening to for real, had to be their financial advisers because although we said we wanted things fixed and tech brought up to par, they obviously didn't hear us about the outrageous cost of buying and accessorizing their ever failing endeavors.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2014, 08:52:34 PM »

CVO's are the elite Harley Davidson motorcycles, the top of the line and command twice the price of a standard bike, if its beyond your price point complaining about it or thinking that holding out is going to magically drop the price is ridiculous, if 1k is going to break the bank on a 40k purchase maybe you need to look at a Honda or a Victory.......just sayin  :confused5:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2014, 09:43:46 PM »

I haven't checked the conversion rate lately but was hoping you folks up north were getting some relief with this... That's a significant cost increase for an already expensive endeavor in either country. I like going into Canada but haven't been in the east much due to work requirements - riding was a back burner activity for a couple of seasons. All behind me now hopefully - next season I'll ride the Maritimes and maybe plan a return to Newfoundland if time permits.

Jesse - when I was your age now I was riding, but with three kids as well and working to support the family, looking at a CVO was really out of the question. Good for you is all I can say - you're doing well...

We do ok. I drive a 96 Jeep. I bought it in 99. My wife drives a 2001 Jeep. No car payments. Our home was 65k nothing fancy. We bought the CVO because we spend the entire summer riding. If we ever slow down and can't justify the purchase we will sell it and move on. I don't really see that happening. If anything, in a cpl years when the kids are all out of the nest, I can see adding a camper with a toy hauler and doing some bucket list rides.  :2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

King2013

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2014, 12:04:33 AM »

CVO's are the elite Harley Davidson motorcycles, the top of the line and command twice the price of a standard bike, if its beyond your price point complaining about it or thinking that holding out is going to magically drop the price is ridiculous, if 1k is going to break the bank on a 40k purchase maybe you need to look at a Honda or a Victory.......just sayin  :confused5:

I don't think the cvo commands twice the price anymore (i don't think anyone believes that anymore) the moco destroyed that concept a few years ago with over saturating the market with cvos.
It wouldn't be a magical drop in price, if people would stop throwing money at HD they'd have no choice but to change their price point across the board. I'm not on a crusade, I don't see how Harley thinks they have a product worth 40k with their poor quality control track record.
1k is not an issue, the 40k is not either, the issue is what are you getting for that 40k. I'll never spend 40k on a Harley, a 40k msrp on a Harley is what's really ridiculous. Don't get me wrong I do love my Harley but at least Honda sells you a bike with the intention of you not needing service shortly after purchase, HD don't care if you make it out of the parking lot and several of their elite cvos don't make it very far at all.
Just my opinion, some of it is fact though and can be verified by just reading this forum.

Ride safe!

dadof2

• MS
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2014, 03:57:02 PM »

I understand why most of us feel the way we do about the moco. It is what it is, and we know it. What I don't understand is why we bash the moco and continue spending money with them.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2014, 04:17:08 PM »

I understand why most of us feel the way we do about the moco. It is what it is, and we know it. What I don't understand is why we bash the moco and continue spending money with them.
Dammit I don't know either lol. I just can't see any other bikes out there that grab me the way this ol girl does. Bastards!

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2014, 05:02:41 PM »

Dammit I don't know either lol. I just can't see any other bikes out there that grab me the way this ol girl does. Bastards!

I agree.  There are other bikes, but they don't offer the lifestyle/persona.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2014, 05:49:16 PM »

X2.

I love my ride and I cannot see myself riding anything else. I have 7 motorcycles and my CVO is the one I love to ride the most. Bottom line is if you want it you will pay for it. When I seen my 2011 in black I just had to have it. Never seen it in person or sat on one. Seen it on the intranet in a picture. Never asked how much till they dealer wrote up the final bill of sale.

For the record I paid, for my 2011 CVOSG $53 171.80 (not complaining) and that does not include the Full Sac exhaust and other extras.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2014, 05:53:48 PM »

X2.

I love my ride and I cannot see myself riding anything else. I have 7 motorcycles and my CVO is the one I love to ride the most. Bottom line is if you want it you will pay for it. When I seen my 2011 in black I just had to have it. Never seen it in person or sat on one. Seen it on the intranet in a picture. Never asked how much till they dealer wrote up the final bill of sale.

For the record I paid, for my 2011 CVOSG $53 171.80 (not complaining) and that does not include the Full Sac exhaust and other extras.

You really hit it on the head

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2014, 06:17:42 PM »

I have stopped.... haven't bought a bike in 10 years and try to avoid them as much as possible for parts, accesories, and clothing. ;D ;D

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

King2013

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2014, 11:33:15 PM »

I have stopped.... haven't bought a bike in 10 years and try to avoid them as much as possible for parts, accesories, and clothing. ;D ;D

Now that's taking a proactive stance!
If I could just do the same.
I'm drawn in the same as everyone else, nothing else seems to catch my eye or ear the way a harlery does.

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2014, 01:15:55 AM »

Before buying my new 2015 SESG my wife and I rode the BMW and the Honda. Forget the culture associated with the Harley, It's still a better bike. Way more torque, better seating for both the rider and passenger, sound system on the BMW was pathetic, storage access, and lastly overall fit and finish. Hands down a superior motorcycle in my opinion.

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2014, 10:22:51 AM »

Interesting comments jagerbomb…  I don’t even bother to debate issues regarding different manufacturers, which is best, better, etc. – it’s pointless. I’m happy with what I’m riding and I hope they are also. I’ve talked with people I know or meet in my travels and have heard various scathing comments about Harleys for all kinds of reasons, as well as positive ones. Does kind of point out the fact the MoCo is the firm setting the standard to some degree.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2014, 07:32:30 PM »

Now that's taking a proactive stance!
If I could just do the same.
I'm drawn in the same as everyone else, nothing else seems to catch my eye or ear the way a harlery does.
At one time it felt like I was replacing vehicles rather than replacing tires when they needed them. :D However now vehicles are just what they are... a way to get around.... I think I'll always have a "Harley" (or clone)... just don't think I'll be giving my money to the MoCo directly anymore. I do understand the "catch my eye or ear the way a Harley does" thing as I was drawn to them as a youngster the first time I ever saw/heard one. For me I've just come to the point where I would rather have a used bike (if I find one that moves my soul like when I first saw my current bike) or build (have built rather) something. IMO when a company gets to the point that they don't care about the customers that are putting money in their pockets they don't deserve my money.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 22 queries.