Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: CVOs in floor  (Read 10138 times)

mark

Re: CVOs in floor
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2019, 10:13:06 PM »

Don't forget the original CVOs, hand-built by one team, also came completely chromed out, with color matched frames (not black), and more exotically detailed paint.  The changes that evolved in later years were all cost savings moves, even though the MSRP continued to rise.  CVOs moved to the assembly line, frames were no longer color matched, paint schemes got less exotic, chrome disappeared - replaced by lower cost powder coating.

I miss my '03 Anniversary CVO Road King.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2019, 08:21:02 PM »

Stopped by Chandler HD today while we were running errands. Sitting on the floor was a new CVO Street Glide
in Charred Steel/Silver, for ONLY $5000 over list price!!! "Its a CVO, and they are hard to come by"!!!!!
So if anyone has an interest here in AZ, I'm sure they will give you a quote!
The "TAZMUN"

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2019, 08:42:26 PM »

Glad I bought my new one when I did, my same dealer has the same bike(different color) with a 10K “dealer markup” on the tag. Puts it about 52K plus fees.
I figure it they can sell them for whatever they ask, go for it.
If that ever happens to me I’ll just get 2 BMWs and save $1000 to boot!
 :drink:
HOGMIKE

BigLock

• Elite CVO Member
  • CVO1 2012
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2019, 01:01:21 PM »

Stop by dealership that's close to me but not my had 9 CVO on the floor all MSRP

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2019, 05:01:01 PM »

I was shocked to see how many 18 cvos there are on cycle trader.com

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2019, 05:43:18 PM »

Stopped by Chandler HD today while we were running errands. Sitting on the floor was a new CVO Street Glide
in Charred Steel/Silver, for ONLY $5000 over list price!!! "Its a CVO, and they are hard to come by"!!!!!
So if anyone has an interest here in AZ, I'm sure they will give you a quote!
I call it "get lucky motors" they hope to get lucky with uninformed buyers. Sadly when that happens the buyer finds out and has a bad taste for Harley when it depreciates $20,000 in two years. Maybe more!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2019, 06:12:49 PM »

I call it "get lucky motors" they hope to get lucky with uninformed buyers. Sadly when that happens the buyer finds out and has a bad taste for Harley when it depreciates $20,000 in two years. Maybe more!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

NO KIDDING....

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2019, 09:27:39 AM »

Still riding my 00 SERG and it always reminds me of how special the early CVO's were. The original concept was to showcase their line of aftermarket SE parts and when bundled on a limited production bike represented a quit a bargain for the day. I hope they repeat the graphics again on a new CVO, but with a drivetrain that respects the heritage.

doc
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 09:30:08 AM by grandpadoc »

Devilldawgg_CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Street Glide Sand Dune
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2020, 02:23:54 AM »

I’ve just purchased my first CVO after having non-CVOs previously and I couldn’t disagree with you more. The fit and finish on a CVO is very expensive to replicate with a lesser model and the technology that’s standard on a CVO (WHIM, SiriusXM, Locking bags, audio, etc) costs a pretty penny, as well.

The dirty little secret is that you spend 45k on a CVO w/ accessories and you get 33k trade value the next year. You spend 45k trying to replicate the CVO (which is easy to do) and you get 24k trade value - or less - the next year.

For the guy who’ll spend money to get what he wants and likes the aesthetics, technology, and exclusivity, the CVO is far and away the better investment. For the guy who is happy to have a H-D and isn’t interested in the bells and whistles, the other models are the way to go.

Before you throw your CVO out with the trash, you should go spend a day on a non CVO version. I suspect you’ll realize a thing or three.

Couldn’t agree more
2020 CVO Street Glide Sand Dune
KST Mayhem Bars 12 inch
Full Sac Power Cores
Techmat Blankets
Klock Werks 8.5 Sport Flare Windshield
Ciro Bag Blades

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2020, 02:50:42 PM »

Funny, but one of the local dealers will sell me a 2020 CVO SG for $37500.  And I think that is a big chunk of change for what the bike is. Days of ADM are long gone when it comes to HD products in my opinion.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2020, 04:33:56 PM »

Couldn’t agree more
The comparison is quite apparent to me......my Bud's '12 SG Special has 80,000 km with only minor issues......my '12 FLHXSE3 has has it's share of minor issues, but, also has had an engine rebuild at under 60,000km due to the top end .
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2020, 06:08:20 PM »

The comparison is quite apparent to me......my Bud's '12 SG Special has 80,000 km with only minor issues......my '12 FLHXSE3 has has it's share of minor issues, but, also has had an engine rebuild at under 60,000km due to the top end .

I have a 12 SE3 as well and interested to know what problems you had with the top end.

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2020, 09:46:41 PM »

I had a 12 SE CVO Street Glide 110.

Pretty much no different with problems that any other TwinCam I've owned.

Compensator.
Valve Train Noise was really bad after I put in the Andrews 57 Cam.
I was paranoid about the dual wound valve springs so I had a (reputable?) shop replace them with AV&V beehives and do a valve job.  Beehive broke and then I needed a whole top end. I should have either left it alone or had a different (reputable?) shop do the work.

I suggest you do a stage two on your CVO and get it tuned, and just ride it.  Fix what breaks and ride it some more.  Wish I still had mine.
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2020, 12:05:55 AM »

I had a 12 SE CVO Street Glide 110.

Pretty much no different with problems that any other TwinCam I've owned.

Compensator.
Valve Train Noise was really bad after I put in the Andrews 57 Cam.
I was paranoid about the dual wound valve springs so I had a (reputable?) shop replace them with AV&V beehives and do a valve job.  Beehive broke and then I needed a whole top end. I should have either left it alone or had a different (reputable?) shop do the work.

I suggest you do a stage two on your CVO and get it tuned, and just ride it.  Fix what breaks and ride it some more.  Wish I still had mine.

I have the cats removed from the headers with V&H slipons and dyno tuned.
As a precaution I replaced the stock C lifters with S&S premium lifters and SE adjustable pushrods.
Still have the 2600-2800rpm top end rattle but otherwise engine runs quiet outside of these rev ranges.

jachd17

• Elite CVO Member
  • 1*
    • MA

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2020, 07:27:48 PM »

I have the cats removed from the headers with V&H slipons and dyno tuned.
As a precaution I replaced the stock C lifters with S&S premium lifters and SE adjustable pushrods.
Still have the 2600-2800rpm top end rattle but otherwise engine runs quiet outside of these rev ranges.

Mine is almost the same as yours. S&S premiums, S&S adjustable pushrods, but also swapped the inner cam bearings for Torrington/Timken. Running Rinehart true duals, no cats and Dynojet power commander dyno tuned. Put about 12K since.   :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.