Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: J&M Rokker Amp install on 2019 RG Special  (Read 931 times)

Glenncarp

J&M Rokker Amp install on 2019 RG Special
« on: June 02, 2019, 05:02:59 PM »

Decided to tackle project with help from two buddies. 3 hours in total. Had to run to Lowes to buy 10/32 3/8" screws as they forgot to pack enough to bolt amp to plate but stuff happens. I found screws for $.80. Amp was already set up for stock HD head unit, no flashing BS needed and they had covers over the adjustment dials to make sure I did not screw up their settings.

I paid $35 to Law Abiding Biker for video of install and it came with two, one overall install video (life saver for amp wiring) and another specifically for amp install for Road Glides (VERY different than Street Glides)

Tank off (To run power and ground in wiring trough), fairing off amp in all back together in less than 3 hours. Sound is markedly better. I had already installed the J&M  Rokker 6.71" speakers when I bought bike three months ago. 300 watt amp makes huge difference in output. No distortion at full output, I can honestly say I will NEVER need to have power all the way up. I was not able to hear ipod at 80 MPH with no amp, now at 1/2 way up, it is crystal clear and loud. GPS directions louder too. Total money spent with amp and speakers from Bikers Direct was $409 for amp and $239 for speaker, so for for less than $650, I am more than happy. Not sure why J&M sells same stuff for $550 and $400 on their web site with links to Bikers Direct, never understood that, but I don't care.

Could I have gotten better sound? Probably, could I have spent more? No doubt! Am I happy? No doubt. Do I need more for a vehicle I ride twice a week in the warm months? not in my opinion.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: J&M Rokker Amp install on 2019 RG Special
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 05:26:09 PM »

Audio, oil and shocks. 3 items that are totally decided by the user. If you're happy, that's all that matters. I've never heard any of His EQ in person at loud levels by I know FlaHeatwave has it and is very happy also. Enjoy and try not to smile too much going down the road or you'll need more toothpicks to get the bugs outta yer teeth

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

fkhan726

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 12:36:24 AM »

which rocker amp did you go with? looking to do the same on my 15 RGU and considering the xxr 330 2 channel.

Glenncarp

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 07:50:05 AM »

which rocker amp did you go with? looking to do the same on my 15 RGU and considering the xxr 330 2 channel.

That is the one I installed. I purchased the install video from Law abiding biker, well spent $34 IMHO, saved a lot of time trying to decipher the 2 pager typed instructions that came with he amp. 

fkhan726

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 12:26:55 AM »

That is the one I installed. I purchased the install video from Law abiding biker, well spent $34 IMHO, saved a lot of time trying to decipher the 2 pager typed instructions that came with he amp.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll do the same come install time. 

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 25 queries.