Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tunes for my SERK-4 opinion/help  (Read 1262 times)

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
Tunes for my SERK-4 opinion/help
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:02:31 PM »

I have a rumble road set up, but it is just not loud enough at highway speeds when I really want to crank it. I have narrowed things down to three ways to solve my problem but I am having trouble deciding.

1) Dead Center fairing - positives: Great sound just heard it Sat. and I can get a $200 discount at Holister, room to put my oil and volt gauges that I currently have mounted in cups on my nacelle. Negative: Cost $1600 with discount and I am not sure how I will like riding with a fairing? \\;\\\\\\; http://www.deadcentercycles.com

2) Road Radio - Positives: have heard good things about them in one or two posts here on hdforums, smaller and no fairing required. $1000 cheaper. Negatives: maybe room to mount gauges on either side of the deck?? Do not know what it sounds like. http://www.motorcitycycle.com/index.htm

3) Add an amp and perhaps more passing light speakers to my crash bar - various people have these any help with who is the best is helpful. Positives: smaller no fairing required, less $$. Negatives not sure what the sound will be like

Even though I have less $$ as a positive twice I really do not want to spend $ twice that would not be a savings.
Let me know what you all think - Thanks in advance!

ad2

• Full CVO Member
Re: Tunes for my SERK-4 opinion/help
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 08:59:43 AM »

Obviously I'm a little biased. I got the DeadCenter fairing knowing I could take it off whenever I felt like riding without it. I don't see ever taking it off. I like it, I like the ride, I like the sounds. I dove in a little deeper and also had them include an XM satellite radio. Worked great the whole time I was at ROT in June and all the hill country day rides.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:13:19 AM »

I'm with Ad2

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

HogDoc

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:45:38 PM »

option #4

I have a garmin Zumo hooked into Xm radio. The Garmin is plugged into a Starcom1 intercom that is hard wired to the helmet. My full helmet has mic and speakers installed in the helmet while my half helmet has the mike tucked under the sun visor and I get the stereo sound from my foam ear pieces. These babies are comfortable and the sound is the best! Better than my car stereo. A lot of extra noise is filtered out by the ear pieces so it will protect your hearing as well if you don't crank the music too loud. You can also make and take calls thru the garmin, talk to your passenger, and do bike to bike comm. Works great for me.

HogDoc
2007 SERK, Custom dynamics LED turn/brake. HIDS, Wizard LED show lights, Roller rockers, extra chrome goodies

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 01:03:26 AM »

I went with the dead center fairing  ;D

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 06:26:11 AM »

Awsome setup. Looks good. THE MUFFMAN

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 25 queries.