Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Mapping vs. fuel injection management system  (Read 5846 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Mapping vs. fuel injection management system
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2006, 10:27:06 AM »

i'm ready to change my stock system - exhaust, AC and EFI control and can't make up my mind which way to go. I've narrowed it down to about three differant setups, and need a little help deciding which one.

1) Rinehart true duals - SE AC or Big Sucker AC - Thundermax
 ( Zippers Zip Kit)

2) Rinehart true duals - SE AC or Big Sucker AC - Terrys Hyper Velocity II

3) Rinehart true duals - SE AC or Big Sucker AC - Power Commander

"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

skidlyman

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 08:01:34 PM »

well, I went and did it ... ordered the Rinehart True duals, Ness Big Sucker Stage 1, and Terry's Terminal Velocity II
 [smiley=banana.gif]
I talked to the dealer about a stage 1 recalibration and he just tried to sell me SE parts!   :-/
I'm thinking I will install the exhaust and AC, then take it to them for the stage1 download, then take it home and install the Terrys fuel processor .... ride it for about a week and take it back and run a dyno on it.

Its a stock 2005 FLHPI, when I decide to go large, ( in a couple years) I can then get a SERT and dyno tune to get a better base map.

is this thinking ok?

rrawtry

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 08:09:01 PM »

[smiley=banana.gif] SOUNDS GREAT!!! HOPE IT WORKS WELL. KEEP US POSTED. AS YOU CAN SEE BY MY POSTS, I AM THRILLED.  [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

skidlyman

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 11:17:29 PM »

Maybe someone can help me out here, I've been studying posts on differant boards and I'm getting a little apprehensive about using the Terrys Terminal velocity system. Maybe the Twinn Tec TCFI II instead. Trouble is the Terrys is on the way. Do you think if I go with the terminal Velocity II, I should put it on the Dyno before and after to assure that my AF are not too lean?

rrawtry

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 11:29:23 PM »

I could not be more thrilled with My Terry Components Terminal Velocity. Check my Dyno run in this thread. I studied long and hard before I made a decision and frankly, the constantly retuning terminal Velocity gave me some degree of comfort. I am a wrench turning fool with an A.S.E. Certification and it scared the crud out of me to have all the different tuning options on the other systems. My opnion is that if you think the Terry needs dyno runs to tweak, you aint seen nothin yet!!

BEAR

skidlyman

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 01:13:36 AM »

Bear,
    Think I should go ahead and install the Terrys TVII and forget about having a stage I flash, and see what happens?

skidlyman

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 07:28:07 PM »

I could not be more thrilled with My Terry Components Terminal Velocity. Check my Dyno run in this thread. I studied long and hard before I made a decision and frankly, the constantly retuning terminal Velocity gave me some degree of comfort. I am a wrench turning fool with an A.S.E. Certification and it scared the crud out of me to have all the different tuning options on the other systems. My opnion is that if you think the Terry needs dyno runs to tweak, you aint seen nothin yet!!

BEAR
I mentioned the dyno runs before and after installation of the TTV, not to try and tweak it (because you can't), but to verify that the AF ratios are acceptable   .... to keep the Dealer from trying to void warranties also

rrawtry

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 09:15:52 PM »

My air fuels were right on the money. However, any alteration to the engine or the ECM, including the SE Race Tuner can void your warranty. If you fear yhe warranty, do nothing to your bike that you cannot remove prior to taking it to the dealership for warranty service.
BEAR

skidlyman

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 12:51:06 PM »

update! I installed the Terrys Terminal Velocity II and the Big Sucker AC and the Rinehart Tru-Duals. Wow! I sure did feel the differance in torque and horspower, I'd like to dyno it soon to see the numbers, but .... so far i'm very impressed!
 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
 [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 02:21:21 PM »

Glad to hear that.  I'm thinking about trying one on my bike also.  Either it or the Twin tech
Steve

rrawtry

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 03:27:19 PM »

Skiglyman,
I hate to say I told you, but I told you!!! Been able to get the front wheel in the air yet? Won't come up high, but anything on a bagger is high enough!!! Thanks for the update,
BEAR (rrawtry)

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

My air fuels were right on the money. However, any alteration to the engine or the ECM, including the SE Race Tuner can void your warranty. If you fear the warranty, do nothing to your bike that you cannot remove prior to taking it to the dealership for warranty service.
BEAR

Interesting comment.  Have seen many different viewpoints... it is covered, it isn't, it is...
Well guess mine will be since the dealer installed one for free  [smiley=banana.gif]to solve my cold start issue!  Now, maybe it was the dealer's choice and not MOCO's.  My sales manager was following up with them so they may have stepped up to the plate for a quick fix.
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

rrawtry

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 07:00:34 PM »

I wish I had your Dealer Maglc1,
I wonder if a magnacharger with dished pistons would drop the compression and solve the problem of oil blowby?(LOL) I was told by the two dealers I deal with with local that any change to the engine or electrical system which caused the bike to violate the E.P.A. regulations the bike was manufactured under violated the warranty as well. On my '03 FXDWG I was allowed a S.E. ignition and coil upgrade since it was mild and MOCO made, but my HSR 42 Mikuni carb needed to come off for any warranty work. The funny thing is that the setup I currently have has a better A/F Ratio and gas mileage.
BEAR [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2006, 08:23:01 PM »

I finally got my Terminal Velocity installed and as far as I can tell so far, it's been a good choice for me.  I also did a cam change to the S&S570 at the same time with a cometic .030 head gasket, but the bike runs great now. I'm not sure how much to attribute to the cam and how much to the TV unit, but it runs great and I didn't have to tune anything.  I have an 03 SERK with factory 103, SE air cleaner (not the stock one-it's not really an SE unti) and Rinehart true duals.  I was using a Techlusion DFO but removed it to install the TV unit.  I have no dealer downloads to the ECM, but the TV unit seems to have been able to correct all of that.  I only have about 35-40 miles on it so far (too cold) but it has improved a lot just in that amount of riding time.
   When I first started it, it idled fairly poorly, but kept improving as it ran.  Rode about 1 mile the first night and it wasn't too bad.  Put another 12 or so on it and it got quite a bit better and today I managed about 17 miles more ( remember it's in the 30's here)  and it seems to be running great.  So as soon as it's warm enough to put some miles on it I really thing the Terminal Velocity will be a great addition.  And no dyno tuning expense, and most likely very good tuning.
   So far I'm happy and the install was pretty easy as I had the exhaust off anyway for the head gasket change, so it was easy to weld the bung in.  As far as my experience so far, I'd buy another one rather than something else.  Like I said, no downloads in the bike at all!!!
Steve

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2006, 07:44:55 AM »

Put another 12 or so on it and it got quite a bit better and today I managed about 17 miles more ( remember it's in the 30's here)
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.