Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seats  (Read 1885 times)

bowtech40

• Junior CVO Member
Seats
« on: February 04, 2013, 07:39:59 PM »

For those of you that ride a lot of miles with a passenger, do you use the stock cvo seat? The stocker on the skunk looks great, but due to winter we have not tried it yet. The wife is already telling me that small pillion is not going to cut it for her. We had a mustang on our FLHX and a Corbin on our FLHR. The Mustang was comfortable right away, but did not look the best. What are some suggestions if stock won`t cut it?

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
Re: Seats
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 05:33:00 AM »

my wife is happy with the pillion from Corbins classic solo - but I had to get a heating added to accomplish that state.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 08:33:46 AM »

The only thing that you might have to watch for are the two pieces of fender trim that might interfere with some seats. Others on here might be able to tell you if a certain one fits with them or if they need to come off. I think they are on with adhesive tape.

braymond52

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Atomic Orange
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »

For those of you that ride a lot of miles with a passenger, do you use the stock cvo seat? The stocker on the skunk looks great, but due to winter we have not tried it yet. The wife is already telling me that small pillion is not going to cut it for her. We had a mustang on our FLHX and a Corbin on our FLHR. The Mustang was comfortable right away, but did not look the best. What are some suggestions if stock won`t cut it?

I wasn't happy with the stock mainly because I wanted a backrest.  I seriously doubt that the GF was going to like the rear pillon seat so I had to do something.  I had a custom seat made by Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston WA.  Rich also modified the frame of my Mustang rider backrest to work with the new saddle he made for me.  So far, I'm very happy with the new seat.   

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »

I thought the rear pillion looked huge compared to what I've run in the past. You could have a seat guy build you a larger pillion thus you would only have to replace part of the seat as opposed to dropping big bucks replacing the entire setup.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.