Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Electra GlideĀ®

Help! Detachable tour pack antenna part number...

(1/4) > >>

jfscheck:
Help,

My bike is almost ready for delivery, but alas I

JCZ:
John you're probably already aware of it, but in case you're not.........the
Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna works great.  There is a thread on here, somewhere.

It is a small (1x3") piece that mounts inside your front fairing.  Neater, cleaner than either of the rear antennas and in the end, also cheaper.  No hassel of the antenna being in the way, messing with connecting or disconnecting when you put on or take of the tour pak, etc.

WFP:
I have to say that I am less that impressed with the DD Antenna...that said, I can not compare it to the stock antenna since I had the dealer install one before delivery.

The range on FM is pretty pathetic compared to the radio in my cars.

I am thinking of going to the stock setup to compare since I have all the takeoff parts from the dealer.

/Bill

jfscheck:
The Dakota antenna would solve this problem, but alas I think I wish to use the whip antenna as I often ride (north of DC in Gettysburg area or East near Ocean City) on fringe FM reception areas.  [smiley=helmet.gif]

jfscheck:
Found the part I needed and for future reference it is 76326-00A and yes, I know our bikes come with some of the parts in this kit, but not all the parts as in this kit (or at least mined didn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version