Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE Smart Tune  (Read 1172 times)

busarealfast

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

SE Smart Tune
« on: August 13, 2019, 06:51:31 PM »

Anyone here ever used this program available online. I have a race tuner that came with my bike when I bought it. Never used it as I purchased a thundermax system. When I found out about this I started exploring the smart tune training and thought I might switch back to the original ecu. Only thing is the base maps for the cvo 110 combinations are limited. Now that I'm at 117CID I couldn't find a map with that size engine. And no base map with SE585 cams either. Feedback appreciated from experienced race tuner techs.
2009 Ultra CVO Stage 4
Vance & Hines Pro pipe
Thundermax auto tune
Ephesians 2:8

IA17RGU

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA
Re: SE Smart Tune
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 10:16:05 PM »

If you are running a live, or closed loop bike with wide bands all you really need a is a map that gets close. Read up on how to set all the relevant cells to closed loop and run 3-4 20min sessions. Drag racing. Cruise on the interstate and everything in between. That will yet you sorted out. Not sure why your walking away from a. Thunder max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pan1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 10:43:08 PM »

I did that combo on my 110 and the HD dealer started with the map for the 259 cam.  A good tuner technician is worth the trouble to find. My bike after numerous tune sessions was 107 HP and 117 TQ and had spark knock. Using the same combo and same SE tuner another dealership was able to eliminate a severe dip in torque between 2,000 and 2,509 rpm and the bike has dyno graphs from two different dyno’s . 116.5 HP and 126 TQ with no dip in torque and only spark knocks when lugged.

IA17RGU

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 11:47:46 AM »

Auto tune or what ever your brand calls it works really well. It does not give you the afr read outs so you can see exactly what’s going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 05:48:26 PM »

I did that combo on my 110 and the HD dealer started with the map for the 259 cam.  A good tuner technician is worth the trouble to find. My bike after numerous tune sessions was 107 HP and 117 TQ and had spark knock. Using the same combo and same SE tuner another dealership was able to eliminate a severe dip in torque between 2,000 and 2,509 rpm and the bike has dyno graphs from two different dyno’s . 116.5 HP and 126 TQ with no dip in torque and only spark knocks when lugged.

Dang nab if you are getting 116.5 HP and 126 TQ with a 110 then I am getting SCREWED since I am only getting 106 HP and 115 TQ with a 117" kit. I've been thinking about switching from the SEPST to a Power Vision.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 24 queries.