Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Detachable luggage rack install ?  (Read 1520 times)

Herrmen

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
Detachable luggage rack install ?
« on: February 24, 2010, 09:48:20 PM »

Is installation of the detachable luggage rack on a fxstsse3 as easy as it appears? From what I can tell it is just a matter of removing a few bolts and putting on the mounting kit. The reason I ask is because my dealer won't give me 20% off the parts and I was just going to order them online and put it on myself. Thanks in advance.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: Detachable luggage rack install ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 02:27:19 AM »

It should be pretty straight forward unless you are a complete goon, which i am sure your not!
I am an owner of a fxstsse1, hoping to give you a heads up!

I would think you will need to relocate the indicators which will cause you more headache than fitting the detachable mountings, off hand i cant remember if the fxstsse3 has an extra bolt on deco trim over the fender struts as did the fxstsse1 and the fxstsse2 if this this will probably need to be removed.

I am sure our fxstsse3 owners will chip in. member Robby38 has just done this project: here is his thread 
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=43359.0

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '15 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
Re: Detachable luggage rack install ?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 08:39:21 PM »

I would think you will need to relocate the indicators which will cause you more headache than fitting the detachable mountings, off hand i cant remember if the fxstsse3 has an extra bolt on deco trim over the fender struts as did the fxstsse1 and the fxstsse2 if this this will probably need to be removed.

You will have to relocate the indicators. Have a look here for a pic http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=46635.msg700162#msg700162

Greetings   Laurent

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 25 queries.