Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Headlight upgrade  (Read 7086 times)

MLS59

Headlight upgrade
« on: February 22, 2015, 10:56:54 AM »

Not that I ride a lot after dark or at least try to avoid it as much as possible in deer heavy rural north Missouri. Has anyone found or figured out a brighter-better solution for the stock configuration dual lights? I really like the looks and individuality of the twin lights, so not wanting to get away from that.
Thanks, Mark

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Headlight upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 03:00:22 PM »

Have seen a Fat Bob with it's dual headlamps fitted with the Daymaker LEDs.  So there is an LED kit available for the dual Fab Bob lights.

N.B.   Wow, just looked at the HD website to find them.  $800.  Riding in the daytime is a LOT less expensive....  :huepfenlol2:  :drink:

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 08:19:09 PM »

:) ;) :D

I just installed the DayMakers for my 2010 CVO Fat Bob.  They are incredible.  Bought them from Kutter Harley shipped to my house in Texas for $640.00

They come in two varieties, black background or chrome.  I went with black.  Fairly easy to install, very easy to align.

Expensive but worth it.

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 09:56:36 PM »

Daymakers are nice, but they still haven't corrected the 'interior fogging' issue.  Suppose to be a sealed unit, but still fogs up.....don't understand why they can't correct this annoyance.
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 11:10:24 PM »

Daymakers are nice, but they still haven't corrected the 'interior fogging' issue.  Suppose to be a sealed unit, but still fogs up.....don't understand why they can't correct this annoyance.

So they'd be the perfect combo to illuminate the old gas gauges  :huepfenlol2: .

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 07:18:32 AM »

YepSir....just pile on the frustration, :brood: esp. for those of us that still have the old foggy gauges.  But, the additional light enables us old farts to continue to ride at night, so it's a worthwhile trade off. :glasses:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »

If there is a place to put the ballasts, the SoCal HIDs are a much less expensive alterative to the DMs. 'Have the HID headlight in the '05 SEEG and like it a lot! I think FuelMoto has a LED bulb that is way less expensive than the DMs?
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

MLS59

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 05:20:26 PM »

Thanks for all the replies. That upgrade will deffo be a "fun money" project. If I decide to keep her that is.
Thanks again.

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 10:29:29 AM »

Thanks for posting this, I was wondering the same thing as there seems to not be a lot of options for the dual lights, but that sounds crazy expensive. Have to think about it. Its between this or getting some of the chrome handlebar speakers , so have to weight the pro's and cons. Thanks.

MLS59

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 01:10:47 PM »

Just installed a LED headlight in wife's Slim with the Cyron H4 kit. Big difference! Looking for something to fit the fatbob looks like the limited room in the bucket will be an issue with what I'm finding right now. As fast as thing evolve you never know tho.

TonyV

• MyCVO

• CVO1: fxdfse
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »

I installed the HD Daymaker LED's in my 09 FXDFSE a couple of weeks ago. Crazy big money up here in Canada with the Canadian - US dollar exchange rate. $ 1048 Can plus GST tax = $ 1105. Been out a couple of times at night around town, big difference in lighting. Have to get out on the road to get a good sense on the improvement.  Pretty chilly to be cruising at night here though.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 06:34:37 PM »

I installed the HD Daymaker LED's in my 09 FXDFSE a couple of weeks ago. Crazy big money up here in Canada with the Canadian - US dollar exchange rate. $ 1048 Can plus GST tax = $ 1105. Been out a couple of times at night around town, big difference in lighting. Have to get out on the road to get a good sense on the improvement.  Pretty chilly to be cruising at night here though.
If it helps you miss hitting one critter or bad pothole, it'll be worth it.  For someone with old, tired eyes like mine, it made the difference in being able to continue to ride at night.   8)

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.