Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I AM STOKED! THIS CVO RG ROCKS!  (Read 2432 times)

donvito

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

I AM STOKED! THIS CVO RG ROCKS!
« on: June 22, 2015, 07:25:04 PM »

I have to say I just got back from a 1300 mile trip from San Francisco up the coast to Coos Bay, Oregon, this was the first long trip since I got rid of my 07 RG and got a 12 CVO RG. This bike freakin rocks, I can not believe the difference in the frame, the motor (Stage 4 103 vs stock CVO110 with Fullsac baffles, and the only other mod is OHlins 6s shocks). This bike would take sweepers at 90+ and stick like its on rails, averaged between 39 and 47 mpg. The bike was smooth as silk, was awesome in every respect. I had in my mind the only mods would be Ohlins front and rear, decatted 212 pipe and a TTS mastertune and tune. At this point I am not going to change anything except going with Ohlins front cartridges, and depending on how it runs with the cat in some real heat, I may or may not do the pipe. My buddy that Ive been riding with for 10 years now has a dyna which in the group always got better mileage. Not now, he was using more gas than the 110.
Its a great day to brag, I am so impressed with the improvements that were made from the 07 era to the 09+ era. Ive put about 3500+ miles on it since I bought it and the oil level is at the same place it was when they changed the oil when I bought the bike.

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

Re: I AM STOKED! THIS CVO RG ROCKS!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 07:47:52 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: Enjoy
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 06:18:24 AM »

I feel the same way about my 13 CVO RG. I even am fine with the hand adjustable shocks, I keep them cranked up for 2 up riding and the bike rides great. Most of my upgrades were audio, windshield and seat. I have 4" Rinehart slipons on the stock header pipes and they sound great and the bike doesn't run hot compared to some other Harleys I've owned.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

donvito

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 12:01:47 PM »

I am back with another update. Just after Labor Day we went back up to Oregon (by now Ive had my fill of Oregon for a while lol). But this time we took all off highways and roads through Lassen to Alturas to K Falls then to Bend. I will mention the reality of the drought here. First time I been by Goose Lake on the CA/OR border.. For those that dont know of its size it appears about 3/4 the size of Tahoe on a map. Its a dry lake bed and has cattle roaming where it once was.
Bike again did not disappoint but I d say the cat has to go. Took my wife for a ride just before the trip in 97* stop n go traffic and she wanted to get off and walk because of the heat on her right foot. The blessing she gave the approval to go for the FM and TTS 😀

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.