Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Road glide or breakout  (Read 7362 times)

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
Re: Road glide or breakout
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »

Warning: You may not be able to get the BO out of your system once you ride it for a year! It's like buying a Corvette Z06, driving it for a year and then opting for something more practical.

Yeah you are right Cam. I was up at Laconia this year and test rode both the cvo road king and the cvo breakout. Both test rides were between five and ten miles long so not very long. But you were riding on your own and not constricted in line with other riders...so you were able to get on it a little or in my case a lot.  I was not very impressed with the road king but the breakout does have some giddiup right out of the box...stock as is. For sure as with all new H-D's they both could use some exhaust work. The breakout is a hot good looking scoot but not real practical for the long haul.
Maybe buy the breakout for around town and rent the latest touring model if/when you want to travel.
...choose wisely

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 09:18:37 AM »

Cam got it right! With slight mods the BO becomes a good short trip (1 to 2 night) ride. Z06's are like H-D's, you love or you hate 'em. If you love 'em there is no going back to a more practical ride! :)
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

Tele

• dream as if you'll live for ever
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 03:52:05 AM »

We'll guys I have just found a 2013 cvo breakout and your right it's a Ferrari I managed to get a used one with 4300klm on the clock with a few extras and I had it dynoed before delivery 95hp 118 NM now I truly do have the best of both worlds the Ferrari for the city and the fast wagon for the long hauls yee haa
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.