Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Bike Insurance  (Read 7203 times)

cptdenny

• Full CVO Member
Re: Bike Insurance
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 12:44:46 AM »

The meaty chunk of my premiums is uninsured or underinsured motorists. We have so many people driving in the state of Washington without car insurance and we a mandatory car insurance state...then on the flip side, motorcyclists without a lien holder do not have to have it at all! Regardless, I always ride and drive fully insured. Look into Geico. I think you will be surprised with their rates and customer service.

I priced the coverage for uninsured & underinsured on my bike. Those coverages would more than double the quotes I presented above. I have those coverages on my Benz and it didn't seem like it increased my car coverage by that much. Here in Florida, motorcycles & trikes are not required to have insurance.  I do because I want us protected from lawsuits.
2015 FLTRUSE

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 02:31:58 PM »

Apparently i
I'm not the only Foremost Customer with rate spikes.  Been riding for 35 yrs. Clean record, no accidents.  The last 2 yrs its gone up a lot.  2014 CVO in WI. Agent says because of CC's??  Gonna check others.  My agent is an independent. Says Foremost for him was the best.  $680 yr?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

2014 CVO Limited

cptdenny

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »

Apparently i
I'm not the only Foremost Customer with rate spikes.  Been riding for 35 yrs. Clean record, no accidents.  The last 2 yrs its gone up a lot.  2014 CVO in WI. Agent says because of CC's??  Gonna check others.  My agent is an independent. Says Foremost for him was the best.  $680 yr?

This morning I spoke to a Foremost rep and explained what their competition are charging for the same coverage. I asked if they would just match Geico or close to it and I'd continue with Foremost. The rep said they're not authorized to do this unless I want to lower my coverage. The rep was trying to read from a cheat sheet the reasons coverage cost were increasing. I stopped the rep and explained in the military I learned that the maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters. The rep then asked if there anything else they can do for me and we ended amicably. 

Next week I'll be signing up with Geico.
2015 FLTRUSE

05CVOfatty

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 11:48:21 AM »

I think you will like Geico. Switched over to Geico after AARP raised my premium on my car and started to see rate increases on my other policies....just for turning 55! I transferred my car, motorcycle and 2 home insurance policies. I do not like the hassle of switching, but the overall savings was huge!

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 11:55:43 AM »

ICBC (PL & PD)is mandatory and costs $868 for 9 months. Anything over 1100 cc is expensive.

Beacon is optional and covers the bike and costs $1024 for the full year.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

BCKNBLK

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 06:29:25 PM »

I have Rider insurance and mine is $198/yr full coverage including $8K of accessory coverage standard and can increase that at any time.  $500 deductible.  My insurance dropped in half going from my 2012 FLHX to the 2011 CVO I just bought.  Because I went a year older it automatically put my rates in a different category so I went from $405/yr to $198/yr.
Bruce
2011 CVO FLHXSE2
112.89HP/105.20TQ

Schnobel

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 aka The Bee
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2015, 08:32:03 PM »

I had Progressive on my last bike. Clean record and it kept creeping up. When I bought the 12 CVO I checked with them and they wanted $1200!

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2015, 10:13:13 PM »

Geico keeps my premium down..,

No wrecks
No tix
No points

Knock on wood.
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

cptdenny

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2015, 11:58:11 PM »

Well my $287 a yr Geico policy on my 2011 just jumped up another $113 since I traded my 2011 FLTRUSE in on my new 2015 FLTRUSE 5 days ago. Didn't see that one coming. LOL
2015 FLTRUSE
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.73 seconds with 21 queries.