Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 95" W/ SE Heads, 203 cams, VH Longshots, high flow breather, Dynojet USBIII  (Read 4945 times)

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 BREAKOUT
    • CVO2: 2006 ROAD KING CUSTOM 95 INCHER
    • CVO3: 1981 CUSTOM SHOVELHEAD 80 INCHER

Any ideas on this build? What do I need to make this a better build? Alot of 2 up riding and I like to twist the trottle. Not so much light to light, but when on the highway I do want the power to be there when I need it.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

Oh and it is a 06 FLHRSI.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer

Have you considered the 337 gearing over the stock 315 gearing?   
pro    more snap in the throttle
con    will bring the rpm's up a little more    place you will notice it the most is 3500 rpm up if you don't have a 6 speed
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

Please explain the gearing you speak of.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

Today if you are stock you should have a 25 tooth counter sprocket on the engine and a 36 tooth basket on the clutch which equals 315 gearing
In 2000 Harley released a 24 tooth counter sprocket and a 37 tooth Clutch basket, this combo yields 337 gearing.   This combination costs you a couple of hundred RPM but gives you a great deal more snap and imo a significant improvement in how quick the bike is.   There are some threads here on the site about this as well.

Does that help?
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

I havent messed w/ the gearing at all. I was thinking of putting the stock heads back on and get a better tune as I have a TTS Dual to use on her this time. And I will look into the cost of the gearing change.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

If I do keep the SE Heads on would there be a better cam selection?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

Absolutely, a cam change would most likely be the best bang for the buck as well as a good 2 into 1 pipe and a 6 speed.

If you setup your motor to 10.0 to 1 compression not higher than this,  I would go with the S&S 570 cam.   Do some research on the 95" Hippo build it was a very good and common build with the 95" motors. 

Gear change, 570 cam, 10 to 1 compression, 2 into 1 pipe, 6 speed and gearing change would be for most an ideal rig for fun and touring.   6 speed gives you the highway cruising without the pushing of the rpm's that you state you enjoy.   the gearing will help give you the snap and the 2 into 1 will give you the lower end grunt with the back pressure vs. a true dual.   Cam should kick in well around 2500 to 2600 with the gear change and run your spectrum of rpm.

Obviously if you change the cam and put the correct head gasket in there you might consider new lifters as well as having the heads looked at while you are in there.
valve seals, guides checked, fitment and possibly even a little clean up if needed.

There are other cams, but this is one of those tried and true combinations that has been proven and is well documented.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

Budget issues would keep me from going that far. Would the 570 work well with SE Heads or Stock?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

Do you know what part number screaming eagle heads you have?   Valve size, CC's etc?   

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl

I have a similair set up on my 2002 Heritage Springer. 95", motor with custom head work, V&H Longshots, high flow Zippers air breather, USB3 and a set of Andrews 55G cams with the compression just under 10:1. TQ was great, peaked around 107, HP/92. I then put a V&H 2 into1 Propipe with competition baffle and the numbers jumped to 104 HP and 106 TQ. But.... the TQ line was much better with the Propipe. The cams are mid to high rpm and kick in around 2500 rpm's and pulls to red line. The motor has plenty of get and go for passing.

The motor work was done in 2006. You may now have more and perhaps a bigger/better cam selection to choose from?  The S&S cam mentioned above is a popular and good choice, the Andrews 37 may be another. My bike is fun to ride and does a great job riding 2 up.

Just my personal experience with a similiar set up.

Good luck, keep us posted.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

I will have to get back with you on that. Not with the bikes parts box right now. Were there alot of changes in the 05-06 time frame? I will have to look back at some emails from the past but I believe Doc has suggested Andrews 37.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

I am not a 37 fan but that is me.  37 also likes 9.6-9.8 compression.   Based on your liking to twist the throttle a bit I would go with the 570 or the tw55 but the tw55 does seem to like a little more compression.   The reason to know which heads is to look at how many CC's the chambers are so you can setup the compression and squish to get the best bang out of the combo you choose.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

Ok. When I get home I will either look in the file or on the box I still have for them. Stock heads still in them.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member

Those LS's aren't doing you any favors.
Scott
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.