Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2015 CVO Limited vs my 2004 BMW  (Read 7276 times)

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
Re: 2015 CVO Limited vs my 2004 BMW
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 08:12:08 PM »

Great thread. I had a BMW 1600GTL and only kept it for a year. Talk about a depreciation hit. To me it was soulless after a ride. It was too smooth, to refined compared to my Harley's. I sold it and bought the 2013 CVO's and now I am considering trading for a new Limited. After experiencing the Rushmore technologies, new front end vent, LED lights, now latching system and the new awesome audio, I think I'm ready. My new SG has ruined me. I also enjoy the lack of hear with the water cooled heads.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

MightyTharg

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 11:54:59 AM »

I went from an 08 K1200LT to a 2013 Street Glide (my first Harley) to a 2014 K1600GT (realised quickly it was a mistake) to a 2015 CVO Street Glide.

If I ever buy another BM it will be an older airhead or oilhead, bored with the newer ones and disenchanted with the new breed of BMW dealers.

Buckeye Rider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 Limited Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 09:37:23 PM »

My wife talked me into the CVO Limited also. Have to love a good women. Regarding your comment about heat I recommend changing your exhaust system to get rid of the catalytic converter. I just put on a Fullsac DX pipe and I love it. Wife even commented that her right leg feels cooler. Plus with the baffles changed in the stock mufflers it now sounds like a Harley should. Only concern might be a loss of fuel mileage because I love the sound of the exhaust now. Lol

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 01:02:15 PM »

It was too smooth, to refined compared to my Harley's.

My new Indian Vintage is smoother and more refined than any of my Harleys I guess I should hate it for that? :D Really it's like a Road King that has more power ,sounds better, is smoother and rides better. Polaris has come top play boys and HD better wake up.

Oh BMW???? Not even in the same genre as HD or Indian probably fine for what it is but a soulless ride I'm sure.

RAINEY

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• Apex Oil lab
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 08:39:53 AM »

Nice write up.  There's days that I miss my 2012 BMW R1200RT.  Smooth, comfortable and fun in the twistys
2015 CVO Limited

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 09:47:27 AM »

Never ridden a GS I suppose  :confused5:

My new Indian Vintage is smoother and more refined than any of my Harleys I guess I should hate it for that? :D Really it's like a Road King that has more power ,sounds better, is smoother and rides better. Polaris has come top play boys and HD better wake up.

Oh BMW???? Not even in the same genre as HD or Indian probably fine for what it is but a soulless ride I'm sure.

chamo

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 05:37:46 AM »

Your wife is like mine (petite), and see too complained about the lack of hand grips for the passenger.  Our previous non-cvo limited had grips.  She purchased some straps used for lifting heavy objects.  They were nylon with velcro at one end.

I didn't like the look at all.  I talked with our local harley mechanic and he said he could fix that.  All he had to do was to enlarge the seat hole a bit and then he could fit the standard Limited grips on the CVO.  They work and look fine, but they are a little wider than the old grips which makes it a little harder for my wife to climb into the back seat.  Still its a good tradeoff.

I'm looking for a some to narrow the grips a bit, then they'd be perfect.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.