Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Buying First Pull Behind?  (Read 27259 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Buying First Pull Behind?
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2016, 04:14:36 PM »

JC, if Mike doesn't want it, shoot a PM to ACfixer (Lance).  He might be interested.  He's up north of you outside of LA, I think.

I shot him a PM as soon as I seen it on craigslist.  Once I saw Lance had logged on I gave it another half hour and called the seller.....he hadn't gotten a call from anybody so I swooped on it. :2vrolijk_21:  A deal like this, you can't wait.....somebody else will snag it.  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2016, 05:19:28 PM »

I shot him a PM as soon as I seen it on craigslist.  Once I saw Lance had logged on I gave it another half hour and called the seller.....he hadn't gotten a call from anybody so I swooped on it. :2vrolijk_21:  A deal like this, you can't wait.....somebody else will snag it.  :nixweiss:

Absolutely if I was anywhere close I would have.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2016, 06:10:44 PM »

Harry,  I was picking. I built the one I want and have over 4000 trouble free miles on it. You will get to see it in Eureka Springs  in May.  But then you may want one, Redtec  that is.
Mike
 :drink:

On the other hand, you'll get to see mine then, too!  Better watch out!  You may wish you'd bought that one from JC!   ;D
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

harley.2016

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2007 CVO Springer

For those who have thought that the version 2 hitch would work on 2014 up limited's

There IS a difference in the vertical support pieces between the 2000-2013 Version 2 and the 2014 hitch Bushtec sells.
The upper support holes (3) are located in different locations. Not much different, but enough that drilling other holes would not work, compromising the strength and integrity..

The bottom section where the hitch itself goes into is exactly the same, as is the rest of the package..

Now, I phoned Bushtec and they are willing to sell the side supports (99.00 U.S. for both) which is much cheaper than the whole hitch, but then you are left with the "remains" from the previous hitch. (Hard to sell separate pieces) Your choice I guess.
I have opted to buy the 319.00 Ball hitch setup for the 2014 CVO BECAUSE IT CHEAPER (THAN THE 399.00 PIN HITCH) and because I have the hitch assembly pin and such,from before. Being from Canada, the 399.00 price tag becomes about 500.00 after the conversion from U.S. to Canadian dollar.

Also for those who are interested a non can bus cable is required (89.00) for the 2014 which is not required for the 2000-2013 version 2.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2016, 08:36:54 PM »

Your towing experience with a ball hitch will be different from the towing experience with the standard Bushtec pin hitch.  That difference alone would be worth the additional $200 in my mind.  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

harley.2016

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2016, 07:59:25 AM »

Hi JCZ,
I am not going to use the ball hitch as I already have the pin hitch from purchasing my used trailer. The purchase of the ball hitch is 90.00 cheaper so that is why the purchase of that kit. Yes, I will have a ball hitch as well, sitting collecting dust.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2016, 10:55:57 AM »

Paper weight......for all those important papers that we never look at again (but I know it's here somewhere).  :P

West Coast GTG   

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »

I took the plunge and bought a new Bushtec Roadstar and had the hitch/light kit installed by Bushtec while I was at Thunder Beach a few weeks ago. I have to say, you sure cannot tell it's back there. I haven't pulled it loaded yet, but I will have ample opportunities this year. My wife does not pack light!!! (Oh who the heck am I kidding..... I don't pack light either!!!) See you all in WV, MV and Sturgis this year!!!
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

harley.2016

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2016, 11:03:47 AM »

You will be very happy with the Roadstar. We love it....and my wife does not pack light either (even though she rides her own). I have carried 200 lb in the trailer at highway speeds with absolutely no issues.  Here is a picture of my 2012 Ultra and Roadstar. This year I purchased a 2016 CVO Limited  so I am having the Roadstar colour matched along with installing the the 2016 CVO hitch from Bushtec.
Awesome setup though for long distance travel !!!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 11:05:50 AM by harley.2016 »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2016, 11:15:11 AM »

Congratulations JB Brown, you'll really enjoy it.  I know what you mean about you can't tell it's back there......no slop in the hitch.  However, you will notice a difference in that it takes longer to get up to speed as well as taking longer (much longer if you're trying to go easy on your tires and brakes) in stopping.  You'll also notice that the rear tire and the brake pads wear much faster if you tow a lot.  I assume that's due to accelerating with the additional weight as well as the resistance in additional weight in stopping.  :nixweiss:

I don't know about anybody else but I pack my share of crap, too.  When you have the room, you can do that......"just in case".

Spare wheel/tire with a cover,  full set of inner and outer wheel bearings,  trailer tongue scale,  hand pump,  a box with all my detail stuff,  full quart of red line oil plus what ever partial quart I have left,  full set of tie downs with soft ties (just in case somebody's bike has to go on a flat bed or I need to put something on the luggage rack in an emergency),  owners manual,  motorcycle cover,  trailer cover,  trailer rain cover.....all of the above stay in the trailer all the time. 

On long haul trips where I'm traveling more than 500 miles and multiple nights I also take all my  heated gear....Gerbing eXtreme Element pants and jacket, heated insoles, heated gloves.  I also take all my hot weather cool gear....Cool vest, a couple of cool snakes (for around the neck)  several Sunbrella shirts and pants (100 % SPF factor.....the only clothes that have 100%!). 

This is just the start....also have our leather jackets for when the heated gear isn't necessary, all of our clothes, swim wear and robes, shave kit, her make up kit, towels, two lap tops, camera gear for Nikon and Go Pro, the bag full of charging gear, power strip, snacks, drinks in the cooler, ice, field glasses, etc. etc. etc.   The list only gets longer.....never seems to get shorter.   ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 11:18:46 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

harley.2016

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2016, 11:21:15 AM »

Geeze really.....You should just move...lol
I pack all of that stuff, sort of, as well. I live in Alberta Canada so we get ALL kinds of weather and such.
Now with cities burning up (stay strong Fort McMurray!!) there is the ash as well...

And then there is the cooler with "beverages" as well  ha ha

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2016, 11:33:50 AM »

I took the plunge and bought a new Bushtec Roadstar and had the hitch/light kit installed by Bushtec while I was at Thunder Beach a few weeks ago. I have to say, you sure cannot tell it's back there. I haven't pulled it loaded yet, but I will have ample opportunities this year. My wife does not pack light!!! (Oh who the heck am I kidding..... I don't pack light either!!!) See you all in WV, MV and Sturgis this year!!!

Congratulations!  You're going to love it a LOT!  When we bought ours, the production manager that showed us around the trailer at the factory said they'd really only ever had one "complaint" from everyone...you can't tell it's back there and you keep looking back to make sure it still is!!! 
Post some pics when you get a chance!

You will be very happy with the Roadstar. We love it....and my wife does not pack light either (even though she rides her own). I have carried 200 lb in the trailer at highway speeds with absolutely no issues.  Here is a picture of my 2012 Ultra and Roadstar. This year I purchased a 2016 CVO Limited  so I am having the Roadstar colour matched along with installing the the 2016 CVO hitch from Bushtec.
Awesome setup though for long distance travel !!!!

I had a buddy used to have the same rig you do in the picture!  It's going to be great, and of course, we're going to want to see pictures of it when it's re-painted and hooked up to the CVO!!!
Harry
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2016, 11:34:56 AM »

Geeze really.....You should just move...lol
I pack all of that stuff, sort of, as well. I live in Alberta Canada so we get ALL kinds of weather and such.
Now with cities burning up (stay strong Fort McMurray!!) there is the ash as well...

And then there is the cooler with "beverages" as well  ha ha

I do.....every morning we move on down the road to the next location.  :huepfenlol2:    Seriously..... there are members on this forum that take a lot more than I.  I mean I still have room left in my trailer and in my saddle bags.  I see some pull in so loaded they couldn't add a bottle of water.  :P   We are spoiled....we spoil ourselves.  If you're riding a CVO, you should know what that's all about!  :bananarock:

West Coast GTG   

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2016, 11:45:53 AM »

JC, we're going to have to put a hold on you posting pics of your bike and trailer together.  My monitor can't handle the awesomeness of it!
It would be all right, however, if you would take pictures of it in low light... ;D

But seriously, JC's right.  Spoil yourselves.  We CVO'ers know all about that!
Harry

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2016, 02:25:12 PM »

I do.....every morning we move on down the road to the next location.  :huepfenlol2:    Seriously..... there are members on this forum that take a lot more than I.  I mean I still have room left in my trailer and in my saddle bags.  I see some pull in so loaded they couldn't add a bottle of water.  :P   We are spoiled....we spoil ourselves.  If you're riding a CVO, you should know what that's all about!  :bananarock:

Nice photo
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 22 queries.