Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: What to do with you life ?  (Read 12274 times)

harleydiva

Re: What to do with you life ?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2007, 10:47:05 AM »

I'm an amateur on the Bible, but I have read it from cover to cover once.  Since that I sorta' read my favorite passages.  My reading time of that Great Document did not produce any particular denominations.  Where they all came from is a mystery to me.  Later--HUBBARD       

I agree...I don't understand why believers do not come together as one.  It seems more like a competition as to how many folks can be drawn to one demonination.  I'm getting off my  :soapbox:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2007, 11:18:40 AM »

I agree...I don't understand why believers do not come together as one.  It seems more like a competition as to how many folks can be drawn to one demonination (some might call that a freudian slip) ;D.  I'm getting off my  :soapbox:

Right now we have two of the biggest Southern Baptist Congregations in the world locked into a major war with each other. Complete with allegations of minister child molestation, embezzlement, drugs and under the table payoff scams. These two congregations (Bellevue and Germantown Baptist) are at it worse than Israel and the Arabs. Boards have resigned, criminal charges have been filed and several pastors have quit and been fired. Because the congregations are so large, the local media has been afraid to report much on it but what has been reported has been better than anything on TV.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2007, 11:42:53 AM »

The world's been around over 5 billion years, they've only been making motorcycles for just over 100! They've only been really good for the last 50. I know what I'm doing here! :)

All the denominations were created by men to promise salvation and make money on and control weaker people. There's either right or wrong! You treat your fellow man the way you expect to be treated and live every day like it's your last, and you'll live a fulfilled life. We don't have to understand why we're here. We only have to realize that by being here, acting right, and understanding this, makes the world a better place and allows you to enjoy life!  ;) Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 12:22:50 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

harleydiva

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2007, 11:46:21 AM »

Right now we have two of the biggest Southern Baptist Congregations in the world locked into a major war with each other. Complete with allegations of minister child molestation, embezzlement, drugs and under the table payoff scams. These two congregations (Bellevue and Germantown Baptist) are at it worse than Israel and the Arabs. Boards have resigned, criminal charges have been filed and several pastors have quit and been fired. Because the congregations are so large, the local media has been afraid to report much on it but what has been reported has been better than anything on TV.

I can relate since I used to live in Memphis.  Bellevue has always been like "Hollywood".  I also heard that something negative is going on at Central Church on Winchester.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2007, 12:20:14 PM »

I can relate since I used to live in Memphis.  Bellevue has always been like "Hollywood".  I also heard that something negative is going on at Central Church on Winchester.

It went under several years ago and the 50 million Worth of buildings and property was bought by a organization called World Overcomers, a very huge black church that is at war with the huge minority church, Church Of God In Christ. (who's grand bishop "the apostle J O Patterson) just bought a house for over 3 million. That is not the unusual part but he reportedly paid CASH, a truckload of grocery bags filled with 10, 20 and 100 dollar bills were brought to the closing. Rumor is since it is a church, it never raised the attention of IRS.

Which is why I have such a high opinion of organized religion. I feel organized religion was invented as a tool to control society. Hey, ever since man started walking upright some men have been given the perceived authority to right the rules for civilization. The bible( Both versions), Koran, etc. were all written by men to use as a tool to control the masses. Of course men like Hitler, Allah, The Iatolas, Ms. Hillary, Mussolini, Attila The Hun, etc. were also given this so-called power and insight to write a set of rules to live by.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:23:28 PM by MJZ »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2007, 12:30:20 PM »

It went under several years ago and the 50 million Worth of buildings and property was bought by a organization called World Overcomers, a very huge black church that is at war with the huge minority church, Church Of God In Christ. (who's grand bishop "the apostle J O Patterson) just bought a house for over 3 million. That is not the unusual part but he reportedly paid CASH, a truckload of grocery bags filled with 10, 20 and 100 dollar bills were brought to the closing. Rumor is since it is a church, it never raised the attention of IRS.

Which is why I have such a high opinion of organized religion. I feel organized religion was invented as a tool to control society. Hey, ever since man started walking upright some men have been given the perceived authority to right the rules for civilization. The bible( Both versions), Koran, etc. were all written by men to use as a tool to control the masses. Of course men like Hitler, Allah, The Iatolas, Ms. Hillary, Mussolini, Attila The Hun, etc. were also given this so-called power power and insight to right a set of rules to live by.

Exactly, making it easy for the strong to prey on the weak. All of this dividing societies instead of uniting them! And all in the name of their denominations and salvation. Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

harleydiva

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2007, 01:21:57 PM »

Which is why I have such a high opinion of organized religion. I feel organized religion was invented as a tool to control society. Hey, ever since man started walking upright some men have been given the perceived authority to right the rules for civilization. The bible( Both versions), Koran, etc. were all written by men to use as a tool to control the masses. Of course men like Hitler, Allah, The Iatolas, Ms. Hillary, Mussolini, Attila The Hun, etc. were also given this so-called power power and insight to right a set of rules to live by.

That wasn't the negative that I was talking about...had something to do with the previous minister at Central.  My daughter's father still lives in  Memphis, and she told me this morning that Central Church was no longer.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2007, 02:27:39 PM »

Exactly, making it easy for the strong to prey on the weak. All of this dividing societies instead of uniting them! And all in the name of their denominations and salvation. Hoist! 8)

Easy there Howie, look at the trouble Governor Jesse Ventura got in for saying religion was for weak minded individuals. Of course he went on to explain that faith was a great thing and that his comment was aimed at organized religion that preys on the weaknesses of it's members. You know reading the posts about the Baptists got me wondering. My great grandfather was a Baptist minister as I mentioned earlier and I remember going to his church at least once during a family reunion. One of the oldest Baptist Churches in the United States is in Portland Maine and yet my mom took us to a Congregationalist Church. What was her skism with her own family about there ? Now I've gotta ask my dear old 81 year old mother a bunch of tough questions - - - - - or maybe not, the answer really doesn't matter does it. I do like the way this thread is getting folks to think and join in.

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2007, 03:19:58 PM »

Easy there Howie, look at the trouble Governor Jesse Ventura got in for saying religion was for weak minded individuals. Of course he went on to explain that faith was a great thing and that his comment was aimed at organized religion that preys on the weaknesses of it's members. You know reading the posts about the Baptists got me wondering. My great grandfather was a Baptist minister as I mentioned earlier and I remember going to his church at least once during a family reunion. One of the oldest Baptist Churches in the United States is in Portland Maine and yet my mom took us to a Congregationalist Church. What was her skism with her own family about there ? Now I've gotta ask my dear old 81 year old mother a bunch of tough questions - - - - - or maybe not, the answer really doesn't matter does it. I do like the way this thread is getting folks to think and join in.

B B

Your right, it's that and more. I try real hard to stay out of these philosophical discussions. My beliefs are not the most popular in the world. They're hard to accept by those that believe in organized denominational beliefs. Don't want to offend others, but you're soliciting all to contibute their beliefs to this subject. Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness!. Family, friends and Harleys! Live and let live! And GTF out of the left lane!!! I know why I'm here brother and appreciate every last minute of it! ;) Hoist! 8)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2007, 03:27:52 PM »

"The Church", no matter the denomination, has gotten further and further away from one of it's main purposes, at least in my view.  In the rural South, there are small churches scattered about in the countryside...most are Baptist (some are what we call down here "Foot Washing", or Primitive Baptist), with some others intermingled.  Those churches serve(d) as a gathering place for the communities/farms in the surrounding countryside.  Yes, they were places of worship, but they were also places where people could gather once a week and see how their neighbors were doing, if they needed any help, if anyone was sick, etc.  People would bring what food they had to share outside under the big trees.  People genuinely caring for each other, and the church was a means for this to happen.  The Dogma didn't matter so much...it was all about Love.  It was Real.  There are still places like that in Alabama today.

In stark contrast sit what I sarcastically refer to as "Warehouses For The Lord"...HUGE buildings, with thousands of members, a good majority of the membership there for all the wrong reasons, the church more concerned with it's own financial goals/aspirations than with any one member, concerning themselves with "missions" in other countries when there are people who need help siting in their backdoor...out of touch with the meaning of it all.  Committees set up to deem whether a person is "worthy" of the church's assistance.  It's all Big Business, and some sort of sick competition to see who can be the biggest, most ornate, and most pretentious.  It all makes me sick, and even more cynical about Religion and it's purpose in modern day social structure.  It will be a cold day before anyone will ever see me shadow the door of such a place.

My Church is outside, whether it's sitting on the beach listening to the sounds of the ocean's never ending rhythm, standing in a small, cold river with a fly rod in hand, or riding my bike through tree lined two lane roads.  My Church is sitting next to someone who loves me, whether it be human or another animal.  If there is a force in the Universe who's noticing, I think my reverence for those moments will carry more weight than whether I tithe 10% of my income...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

harleydiva

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2007, 03:34:02 PM »

"The Church", no matter the denomination, has gotten further and further away from one of it's main purposes, at least in my view.  In the rural South, there are small churches scattered about in the countryside...most are Baptist (some are what we call down here "Foot Washing", or Primitive Baptist), with some others intermingled.  Those churches serve(d) as a gathering place for the communities/farms in the surrounding countryside.  Yes, they were places of worship, but they were also places where people could gather once a week and see how their neighbors were doing, if they needed any help, if anyone was sick, etc.  People would bring what food they had to share outside under the big trees.  People genuinely caring for each other, and the church was a means for this to happen.  The Dogma didn't matter so much...it was all about Love.  It was Real.  There are still places like that in Alabama today.

In stark contrast sit what I sarcastically refer to as "Warehouses For The Lord"...HUGE buildings, with thousands of members, a good majority of the membership there for all the wrong reasons, the church more concerned with it's own financial goals/aspirations than with any one member, concerning themselves with "missions" in other countries when there are people who need help siting in their backdoor...out of touch with the meaning of it all.  Committees set up to deem whether a person is "worthy" of the church's assistance.  It's all Big Business, and some sort of sick competition to see who can be the biggest, most ornate, and most pretentious.  It all makes me sick, and even more cynical about Religion and it's purpose in modern day social structure.  It will be a cold day before anyone will ever see me shadow the door of such a place.

My Church is outside, whether it's sitting on the beach listening to the sounds of the ocean's never ending rhythm, standing in a small, cold river with a fly rod in hand, or riding my bike through tree lined two lane roads.  My Church is sitting next to someone who loves me, whether it be human or another animal.  If there is a force in the Universe who's noticing, I think my reverence for those moments will carry more weight than whether I tithe 10% of my income...

Well said.   :)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2007, 03:42:11 PM »

My Church is outside, whether it's sitting on the beach listening to the sounds of the ocean's never ending rhythm, standing in a small, cold river with a fly rod in hand, or riding my bike through tree lined two lane roads.  My Church is sitting next to someone who loves me, whether it be human or another animal.  If there is a force in the Universe who's noticing, I think my reverence for those moments will carry more weight than whether I tithe 10% of my income...

Very well stated Terry! There's many ways of saying this, but it still creates great controversy by those that can't comprehend this way of thinking. It makes it easier to discuss when there are others that share this viewpoint. ;) Hoist! 8)

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2007, 03:53:06 PM »

As a biker out in the open viewing,smelling,feeling  our great natural world around us and as a sailor, harnessing the wind and moving 13tons thru the water using just the Grace that we all have been blessed with  the true meaning of   religion is expressed here in the sharing that goes on among this group.  :)  it dont get much better  :2vrolijk_21:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

harleydiva

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »

As a biker out in the open viewing,smelling,feeling  our great natural world around us and as a sailor, harnessing the wind and moving 13tons thru the water using just the Grace that we all have been blessed with  the true meaning of   religion is expressed here in the sharing that goes on among this group.  :)  it dont get much better  :2vrolijk_21:

:)

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2007, 04:12:43 PM »

What I learned at church this week.
(1) Justice is when you what you deserve.

(2)Grace is when you get what you don't deserve.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 21 queries.