Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Lost a Friend  (Read 7829 times)

Bagger

Lost a Friend
« on: February 08, 2007, 10:50:26 PM »

Sometimes things happen that just really weird me out.  I came to work Tuesday, and the buzz was instantaneous...."Did you hear about Jack?"  Jack wasn't a biker, but I knew him, worked with him, considered him my friend, respected him, he and I are both retired Army Warrant Officers.............and the part that weirds me out is no one ever thought Jack was hurting.  Such a tragedy.  The details of Jack's hurting are irrelevant.  What matters is Jack isn't here anymore.  Today we had a meeting.  During the meeting it occurred to me that I was sitting in the same seat Jack occupied one week ago today.  The man was a genius.  I guess we all deal with things in our own way and time.  It has been a rough week.  His widow visited today.

Jack committed suicide Monday.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: Lost a Friend
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 11:53:57 PM »

Wow Bagger,
Sorry for the loss of your friend. Our prayers will be with you,his family and coworkers. I hope everyone has a good support system to help talk things out. You have us anytime you need us.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 12:02:36 AM »

That's a sad story Henry. Sorry for the loss of your friend. Hoist
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 05:58:57 AM »

When something like that happens EVERBODY LOSES! His family, his friends, his coworkers and most of all himself.

Prayers to everyone involved. Even the Public Service Employees.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 07:54:17 AM »

.............and the part that weirds me out is no one ever thought Jack was hurting.  ...

So sorry to hear of this loss that has touched so many lives, but because we are an extention of your family here, we are especially sorry for how this has affected you.  Jack must have really had a hard time coming to grips with his life's challenges and and felt that his only choice was to escape his pain or a life situation that he found to be intolerable. He must have felt powerless and trapped by his situation.  So bad that his choice is forever, cannot be pulled back and so many lives are shattered and people left asking why, why him, why did I not see the signs.  If it helps at all, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention has an area to help people Cope with Suicide.   If there is anything we can do, please ask, but know you can always vent here, we will gladly listen.  Condolences to all involved. 

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 08:58:05 AM »

Bagger; So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Our prayers are with you and your friend's family.
WOODY

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 04:24:07 PM »

BAGGER SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOU CO-WORKER. SUICIDE IS VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 08:16:47 AM »

So sad.  My sincere condolences to all of his friends and family.  I think people are just now beginning to understand that depression is not something that can be turned on and off at will.  It's a shame he didn't open up a bit about it because there may have been help available for him.
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

Bagger

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 09:39:03 AM »

Messed up situation for everyone involved.  Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  I know we've been sharing about religion in other posts, so I'll say this:  It is my understanding that killing yourself is a surefire way to get an express ticket straight to eternity with Lucifer.  Now THAT is scary.  Sorta like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire...............literally!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 12:29:55 PM »

Messed up situation for everyone involved.  Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  I know we've been sharing about religion in other posts, so I'll say this:  It is my understanding that killing yourself is a surefire way to get an express ticket straight to eternity with Lucifer.  Now THAT is scary.  Sorta like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire...............literally!

"Permanent" solution was my dad's favorite expression when it came to this subject.  It is more difficult for those left behind to understand than we all can imagine and so often there is no sign of the demons that drive one to the brink.

Having been a medic in my days in the service, we were always amazed by the number of retirees that did not live to a normal life expectancy for many reasons. 

I'll say a prayer for Jack and hope he's able to catch the right elevator wherever he goes.  Any death is a loss it is truly a shame that your friend who dedicated his life to the service of others through his career in the military would have to carry a huge burden and shorten his time here.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 06:26:49 PM »

"Permanent" solution was my dad's favorite expression when it came to this subject.  It is more difficult for those left behind to understand than we all can imagine and so often there is no sign of the demons that drive one to the brink.

Having been a medic in my days in the service, we were always amazed by the number of retirees that did not live to a normal life expectancy for many reasons. 

I'll say a prayer for Jack and hope he's able to catch the right elevator wherever he goes.  Any death is a loss it is truly a shame that your friend who dedicated his life to the service of others through his career in the military would have to carry a huge burden and shorten his time here.

This is why I am not all that sure that you would go straight to hell for killing yourself. I think that God has mercy for those that are attacked by demonic spirits and drivin to the point of killing themselves.

Bagger

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 10:48:59 PM »

This is why I am not all that sure that you would go straight to hell for killing yourself. I think that God has mercy for those that are attacked by demonic spirits and drivin to the point of killing themselves.

If I was "attacked by demonic spirits," I'd be more fearful of the wrath of GOD than any silly old "demonic spirit."  Bottom line:  There aint NUTHIN' on this mortal coil worth killling one's self for.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 10:27:03 AM »

If I was "attacked by demonic spirits," I'd be more fearful of the wrath of GOD than any silly old "demonic spirit."  Bottom line:  There aint NUTHIN' on this mortal coil worth killling one's self for.

I agree. I am sorry for your loss. I meant to ease your pain of thinking your friend had no alternative but to spend eternity in hell. I apologize if I offended you.

Bagger

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 10:34:27 AM »

I agree. I am sorry for your loss. I meant to ease your pain of thinking your friend had no alternative but to spend eternity in hell. I apologize if I offended you.

Rob, you did not offend me.  It has been drilled into my skull that suicide is a hellbound evil.  Just trying to illustrate that point.  I'm certainly never going to test the theory.  That's all I'm saying.  We all have too much for which to live.  Problems can be solved with less extreme measures.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 10:42:55 AM »

Rob, you did not offend me.  It has been drilled into my skull that suicide is a hellbound evil.  Just trying to illustrate that point.  I'm certainly never going to test the theory.  That's all I'm saying.  We all have too much for which to live.  Problems can be solved with less extreme measures.

Agreed!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.