Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: The ultimate shine??  (Read 7439 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
The ultimate shine??
« on: August 26, 2016, 11:38:35 PM »

So I have bounced around from product to product for years now mostly from whatever is hot on this forum. Started around 4 years ago going "all in" with Glare which was great but a major PIA to do all the stages. Couple of years ago I switched to Royal Blue when everyone was jumping on that bandwagon and it also was great and much easier to use. Their quick detail works great and easy after a ride so I ended up buying 5 bottles of that and use it after every ride.
A few months ago JC turned me onto AJ from Black Diamond MC detailing that only details motorcycles and does a amazing job. He actually takes the bags, tourpak, seat off and when he is done the bike looks perfect. When doing my bike a few days ago he saw the Pinnacle Sovereign wax and told me it was one of the best most expensive waxes made and told me he was going to use it. When he was done I was blown away never seeing my bike shine like that even when it was brand new! He told me that they make a ceramic coating called Black label diamond coating that when done correctly is insane. First the bike needs to be completely buffed and all scratches and other coatings removed. Once ceramic coating is applied, anything under it will be permanent including any dust or imperfections. After the ceramic coating is set, you then use the Pinnacle Sovereign wax on a regular basis to get that "ultimate shine". You have to apply a "booster" to the diamond coating about every 6 months that supposedly fills in any worn or imperfections in the ceramic coating. Pinnacle also make a quick detailer that is supposed to work the same as the Royal Blue one that is to be used after each ride.
After seeing my bike after just doing the PS wax, I am going to go for this entire program. Not going to be an easy project as I use the clear plastic all over my bike and it will all have to be removed and entire bike buffed out (I do have 45000 miles on it) to prep correctly but I am excited to see the finished product.
I did get 1 lucky break finding out that Pinnacle wax is having a 25% off sale this week using the code August25 at checkout at http://www.pinnaclewax.com which was nice as buying all new products was not cheap..
This project will take a bit of time but I will post up pics when it is all done
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: The ultimate shine??
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 12:04:34 AM »

When you get done with your would you mind coming to do mine?  You can start after our ride tomorrow.  :P
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 01:29:02 AM »

When you get done with your would you mind coming to do mine?  You can start after our ride tomorrow.  :P
This is your fault by the way, if you never introduced me to AJ, I would have stayed "fat and happy" with the Royal Blue... Im going to have to set up a booth at the swap meet to sell all the RB I have
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 09:14:05 AM »

I have to say....if it's going to make a marked difference from what AJ already does with our bikes when he details them, then I can't wait to see the end result.  :bananarock:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 09:55:41 PM »

Pinnacle Black Ice, McKee's 37 etc are so far above a simple blended product like Glare or Blue whatever that they are not comparable, but you pay for the quality, be prepared these are not $10.95 bottles of wipe on/wipe off stuff.
Try Autogeek.com they have all the products and will/are able to answer any questions about how to use them, most they have video's you can watch.
There is a new Iron Removal product on the market, you spray it on, all metal particles in the paint turn red and rinse away. With our brake dust you will probably be surprised how many particles remain even after the bike is cleaned. That is all it does, still need to do normal clay bar, cleaner, paint prep, wax and sealant but paint will be smoother, Autogeek will have more info on this. FYI.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 10:27:31 PM »

Pinnacle Black Ice, McKee's 37 etc are so far above a simple blended product like Glare or Blue whatever that they are not comparable, but you pay for the quality, be prepared these are not $10.95 bottles of wipe on/wipe off stuff.
Try Autogeek.com they have all the products and will/are able to answer any questions about how to use them, most they have video's you can watch.
There is a new Iron Removal product on the market, you spray it on, all metal particles in the paint turn red and rinse away. With our brake dust you will probably be surprised how many particles remain even after the bike is cleaned. That is all it does, still need to do normal clay bar, cleaner, paint prep, wax and sealant but paint will be smoother, Autogeek will have more info on this. FYI.
Yes, I got everything from Autogeek and they were very helpful on the phone with what exactly to buy and how to use. Your right, not cheap ($69 for 3 oz of the wax alone..) but definitely "next level" on results! Below is a pic JC took today before our ride with just the wax on. Cant wait to see after the entire process done! Not sure this iPhone pic will really do it justice but crazy deep and wet shine. Not bad for a 5 yr old bike with 46000 miles..
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 12:42:07 AM »

Yea, but that CHP sure dimmed your shine today.   :P

West Coast GTG   

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 01:10:47 AM »

Yea, but that CHP sure dimmed your shine today.   :P
Yea, still pissed off about that!
Alan

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 02:36:23 PM »

Bike looks good in photo. Keep on with the rest of the products and you will continue to be amazed.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 05:08:47 PM »

Bike looks good in photo. Keep on with the rest of the products and you will continue to be amazed.
This what you use?
Alan

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 06:15:28 PM »

Yes, on my bike I do, On my cars & trailer I use Mothers Products. I use orbital buffer on both, bike is harder to do but can be done. I currently only have normal daily drivers so although I take good care of them I find I can keep up with the paint using Mothers.The Denali is so large that doing it with Pinnacle is expensive but the  Bike is harder to do and using high end products which last a LOT longer makes sense to me. Also the finish on the bike is so good after using the Pinnacle products that I like the fact we get complement regardless of where the bike is parked.

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 10:43:28 PM »

Have detailed with Pinnacle Sovereign wax for several years.  Purchased all my detailing products thru Autogeek-great company. Picked up my first 3oz jar of PS on a great sale and it lasted almost 3 yrs, and that includes using on the car regularly. I use it as a top coat on my sealer wax of choice, Liquid Glass. LG is an old time product, but it lasts for quite awhile on its own. Tend to wash the car and reapply the PS, but will detail the bike with S100 Detail + Wax occasionally. Will try one of the new sealers when I get a new vehicle. Auto geek has too much stuff, but I've found the Pinnacle products to be top of the line. A luxury, however, as they are expensive. Need more PS, thanks for the tip on the sale!      JoeS

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 11:49:53 PM »

Have detailed with Pinnacle Sovereign wax for several years.  Purchased all my detailing products thru Autogeek-great company. Picked up my first 3oz jar of PS on a great sale and it lasted almost 3 yrs, and that includes using on the car regularly. I use it as a top coat on my sealer wax of choice, Liquid Glass. LG is an old time product, but it lasts for quite awhile on its own. Tend to wash the car and reapply the PS, but will detail the bike with S100 Detail + Wax occasionally. Will try one of the new sealers when I get a new vehicle. Auto geek has too much stuff, but I've found the Pinnacle products to be top of the line. A luxury, however, as they are expensive. Need more PS, thanks for the tip on the sale!      JoeS
The sale is over but I called their direct line (at Autogeek which is Pinnacle when you call) and they gave me 20% off on an additional order (want to keep some at work). Number I called was 800-869-3011  and spoke to Andre at extension 244
Alan

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 11:09:12 AM »

If you sign up for the Autogeek email deal, you will get weekly, or more often sales, free shipping, multiple product specials and free sample deals.
Every once in awhile they have 20% off with free shipping. Lots of emails but saves a substantial amount of cash.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 02:23:48 PM »

To each his own, but the best I've found is 3M-Hand Glaze.  Can't even think of all the chit I've bought over the years, Liquid Glass being one.  Hand Glaze is one of those you put on in small sections, and wipe off before it dries.  Hard to beat.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 05:54:26 PM »

I haven't found the best/wax/sealer yet.  The best one will be the one that applies itself.   ::)

I'm still using Zaino products and am happy with them.

"Polish for perfection, wax for protection"

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 09:26:25 PM »

3M Hand Glaze is a good product, for fresh paint that can't be contaminated with wax or to remove swirl marks when you don't have a buffer available once again in fresh paint especially in a blended panel. It also pretty much washes away with soap & water.
We went thru it by the gallons when I was in the body shop, but it is just not a product that is geared to protect paint from UV over a long period of time. 3M does have some good wax type products available and GREAT buffing compounds.
But to each his own. Very easy to apply...often.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 04:31:56 PM »

I thought using a Carnauba wax over a paint sealer, like Glare, only lasts a little while and isn't worth it.  Any comments on this? thanks,
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 10:48:57 PM »

The effective life of a carnuba wax depends on a number of things. The number of washes and the type of cleaners used for washing, weather conditions, atmospheric pollution, you get the idea. That's one of the reasons to use carnuba as a top coat over some type of sealer. A good sealer will last much longer than the wax itself. The shine of the sealer will also be enhanced by the carnuba. Both Pinnacle and S100 market detailers that contain carnuba wax that can extend the life of the original coat. Quality carnuba should last 6-8 weeks with regular washings, but each brand is different. Wolfgang, another product sold by Auto Geek, is another top end product. Lots of information on the website.        JoeS

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 05:16:29 PM »

3M Hand Glaze is a good product, for fresh paint that can't be contaminated with wax or to remove swirl marks when you don't have a buffer available once again in fresh paint especially in a blended panel. It also pretty much washes away with soap & water.
We went thru it by the gallons when I was in the body shop, but it is just not a product that is geared to protect paint from UV over a long period of time. 3M does have some good wax type products available and GREAT buffing compounds.
But to each his own. Very easy to apply...often.

Well, I learned something today.  The only time I ever water-wash my Bike is if I get caught in the rain.  What's your opinion of Liquid Glass, Don?  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.