Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Gauge condensation  (Read 8270 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Gauge condensation
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2017, 08:51:57 AM »

C'mon Jerry.  You know it's not possible they could be dumber than you thought they were.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

;D   Every time people try to convince me Harley management is finally trying to change and I start to think perhaps something really will improve, they find ways to dash what little optimism I've managed to generate.  I'm not sure who the dummies really are though, Harley management or the consumers.  Perhaps it's a tie?

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ultrarider123

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2017, 08:54:07 AM »

my work order showed the instrument cluster was $299.

I'm assuming they replaced this on your 2017 under warranty, correct?  Interesting that the work order showed any pricing for warranty work.  I've got a stack of warranty work orders from current and previous bikes and it doesn't show any costs for warranty (parts or labor).  I've got a couple that had both warranty and maintenance with the maintenance showing the price, nothing on the warranty stuff except "so and so" repaired, warranty.

I am NOT questioning your quote because I would prefer to know the costs I "saved" for having the warranty work performed.  Just saying I've not had that experience.

Hopefully your new gauge(s) will not sweat.  I've not had any issues since they replaced mine (for sweating and just quit working).....so far anyway..... :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:56:03 AM by Haird »

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon/Blk Diamond/Burgandy Blaze
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHXSE Candy Cobalt/Indigo ink
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2017, 02:33:15 PM »

Yes, It was done under warranty.I picked up my bike after the service department had closed for the day, I asked the parts guy to print out my work order. He said the service dept. had not closed out the work order yet, but I wanted a copy. I don't think he was supposed to give me the copy he gave me because it showed all the parts prices and no labor charges. The prices seemed low to me as my bike was also in for the oil pump sumping issue. They installed a new oil pump, cylinders and pistons ect. under warranty also. By the way, after less than a week the new speedometer is beginning to get the same oily streaks on the inside of the glass. Can't make this s...it up. Thats five for me,(3 on my 2015 and 2 on my current 2017) either I have very bad luck or there are a lot more people who have this issue and just don't notice it or don't care. 
V&H Power Dual Header
V&H High Output Slip On Mufflers
PV 2

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2017, 09:30:36 PM »

Thats five for me,(3 on my 2015 and 2 on my current 2017) 
Still not as many engines as some people have had...in one bike.   :(

No excuse for this $h!t.
If you want peace, prepare for war.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.