Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disable alarm  (Read 4350 times)

cossack

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Disable alarm
« on: December 24, 2016, 05:52:03 AM »

As i don't have a owners manual for my FXSTSSE2, i'm unable to look up how to disarm the alarm while taking out the battery.
Any info would be greatly Appreciated.
Oh, and Merry Christmas.
Anyone knows where to pick up an Owners Manual from ?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Disable alarm
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 09:30:39 AM »

As i don't have a owners manual for my FXSTSSE2, i'm unable to look up how to disarm the alarm while taking out the battery.
Any info would be greatly Appreciated.
Oh, and Merry Christmas.
Anyone knows where to pick up an Owners Manual from ?

Basically, any of the security systems that use the proximity type fob (versus the old pushbutton fobs) should use the following procedure before disconnecting the battery.

1.   With the fob present, turn on the ignition but do not start the engine.
2.   Remove the main fuse (Maxi-Fuse or whatever they are calling it these days, in your case it's a 40 amp fuse).
3.   Remove the negative battery cable from the battery terminal.
4.   Remove the positive battery cable from the battery terminal.

If you disconnect battery power before using this procedure to shut down the security system first, the system assumes you are a thief who just cut the battery cable.

You can order owners manuals and other manuals from any Harley dealership.  I've attached a screen shot of a list of the various manuals part numbers and discounted prices from Surdyke H-D to give you an idea of what's available.  Click on it to enlarge.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 11:20:36 AM »

the only thing I would add, and I don't know if it's in the manual somewhere, but I don't remember seeing it, is to then turn your ignition off again after removing the maxi fuse.  that way you don't have a 'surge' when plugging it back in.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 03:57:51 PM »

If you need instant help on matters like this, YouTube has about anything in the maintenance of a HD you could probably ever need. I had a buddy who is very non-mechanical install cams using YouTube.
I only suggest you check out a couple opinions and video's for whatever your doing. Some of them guess as they go along. You don't need that.

cossack

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 11:48:32 PM »

thanks boys.
that'll save my ear drums next time.

Sinker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 08:20:52 PM »

I could never figure out how to do it without alarm going off. So now I just make sure no one is around and I put on my headphones that I use at the rifle range. Problem solved!

21upfront

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2007 Screamin Eagle Softail Springer
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 07:53:59 PM »

If you need to check something in an owners manual but don't have one go to HD's web site and tap on the "owners" tab. Under the "maintain your bike" header click on "owners manual". Enter your VIN and hit "find". Tap on "vehicle documents" and then "owners manual". There's usually a couple of different publication series. Just pick the one that matches the bike and away you go. Hope this helps. Dale

cossack

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 06:40:23 AM »

If you need to check something in an owners manual but don't have one go to HD's web site and tap on the "owners" tab. Under the "maintain your bike" header click on "owners manual". Enter your VIN and hit "find". Tap on "vehicle documents" and then "owners manual". There's usually a couple of different publication series. Just pick the one that matches the bike and away you go. Hope this helps. Dale
thanks mate, i'll check that out. Went and bought the manual anyway

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.