Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Top Coat Review.  (Read 1915 times)

stashcat

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Top Coat Review.
« on: May 04, 2017, 12:29:20 PM »

I began to post this under the current Top Coat thread, but if your like me, you hate to scroll through all the posts to find if there is something new so, this is my review after using Top Coat for about a month.  I've used the product twice on my bike.  Application is not difficult, but I found it necessary to do a small section of the bike at a time and buff off within a few minutes or it became difficult to work with.  I used more product than I expected but that may just be me.  I try to make sure every surface is covered well.  Results: On the paint, it does produce an above average shine.  On my chrome wheels, it is the best product I've ever used. Produced a great shine without any clouding in hard to reach spots (if you have the same wheels as my 14, you know where the hard to reach spots are).  A short time after the first use, I got caught in the rain.  The bike still got dirty as normal.  I hosed the already wet bike off and it was still as dirty as I normally would expect.  I cleaned and reapplied Top Coat, more for my satisfaction than need.  Long story short; Dirt still sticks as normal, bugs don't magically disappear.  I still need to clean my bike as I normally would.  But honestly, I wasn't expecting a miracle.  Like many others, I've always chased a better product.  Top Coat does produce a great shine.  How long will it last?  I probably will never know because of my need to keep the bike as clean and shiny as possible. Before I leave for a ride that will last a couple of days, I probably will reapply.  Worth the cost?  Read reviews and decide for yourself.  Will I buy again? Maybe just for the bike.  But judging by how much I have used it is way too expensive for me to put on my car, truck and boat.  Hope this helps.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Top Coat Review.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 01:06:24 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: Thanks for the update.  Does not appear to be worth the money - to me.  Any good quality wax will make dirt easier to remove.  Does not appear this one is that much better, except for your comment on the wheels.  I wax the wheels also, mainly to make them easier to clean since they are the dirt magnets on my bike.

Currently I wax - then in between waxes use detail wax until the bike needs to be waxed again.  Do not mind spending good money for good products, already have a shelf in the garage that proves that. Don't need another bottle to add to that collection...
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: Top Coat Review.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 05:03:26 PM »

I have been using a two step process on my car and figure I would try it on the bike, first I put on Jescar Power Lock Plus, its a sealant and you put it on like wax and then buff off by hand after it dry's, comes off very easy and no white dust, then I put a coat of Collinite 845 wax, let dry and buff it off by hand, also no white powder or dust. You can purchase both from Amazon, the Power Lock is about $34.00 and the Collinite is $19.00, both should last a very long time, feels like glass and when you wash it, the water just beads like crazy.
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.