Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: 2018 Models  (Read 88535 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Re: 2018 Models
« Reply #465 on: August 29, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »

I've been looking closer at the non-CVO models and have to say that I'm also disappointed in those as well, especially how (IMO) the MoCo has destroyed the Softail line...

About the only good thing with the FatBoy is the tank badge.  I'm not a fan of the cut off front and rear fenders nor the squared headlight which reminds me of the Hondas in the mid-80's.

I feel they have taken way too much from the Heritage and really cheapened the look with all the blacked out parts including their iconic rims - and no passenger backrest.

And the Deluxe has really been chopped to bits, with no passenger seat, no back rack and not even the nostalgic rail for the rider's seat!  And what the heck is with those signals?

I'm not certain who they are trying to attract, because (if anyone has seen prior years of these models), who would be attracted to less at a higher price?

:nixweiss:

On the upside, I'm glad they at least kept the Low Rider, and I think it looks much better as a Softail rather than a Dyna.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:48:59 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

ultrarider123

« Reply #466 on: August 29, 2017, 03:02:44 PM »

I've been looking closer at the non-CVO models and have to say that I'm also disappointed in those as well, especially how (IMO) the MoCo has destroyed the Softail line...

About the only good thing with the FatBoy is the tank badge.  I'm not a fan of the cut off front and rear fenders nor the squared headlight which reminds me of the Hondas in the mid-80's.

I feel they have taken way too much from the Heritage and really cheapened the look with all the blacked out parts including their iconic rims - and no passenger backrest.

And the Deluxe has really been chopped to bits, with no passenger seat, no back rack and not even the nostalgic rail for the rider's seat!  ?
And what the heck is with those signals
I'm not certain who they are trying to attract, because (if anyone has seen prior years of these models), who would be attracted to less at a higher price?
 :nixweiss:

On the upside, I'm glad they at least kept the Low Rider, and I think it looks much better as a Softail rather than a Dyna.

Well stated, Grizz.

As for the turn signals, Polaris had all those extra Victory parts just laying around not doin' nuttin....

I agree with you on the Low Rider looking better as a Dynatail but except for being a bit cleaner (no shocks showing), it's really the only one that still looks like it did prior to the transformation....

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #467 on: August 29, 2017, 03:39:41 PM »

Well stated, Grizz.

As for the turn signals, Polaris had all those extra Victory parts just laying around not doin' nuttin....

I agree with you on the Low Rider looking better as a Dynatail but except for being a bit cleaner (no shocks showing), it's really the only one that still looks like it did prior to the transformation....

Good one Haird.   :2vrolijk_21:
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #468 on: August 29, 2017, 03:46:11 PM »

Will be interesting to see how well the 2018s sell. Will they attract younger buyers is another question.  Too soon to tell, for sure here on this forum they are not well received.  If sales numbers lag, bet there will be some busy painters, and that could come as soon as 2018.5.  If sales numbers are good, looks like HD has a new direction. 

I like the bobbed/chopped fenders.  With the wheels we have on these CVOs would be good to allow more of them to be easily seen.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Glenncarp

« Reply #469 on: August 30, 2017, 07:42:49 PM »

The all electric Harley flying drone bike will not be ready for 2018.  The 2018 new bikes will look better in person than than they will look in the online pictures.  Valve stem caps will be included on all new bikes at No Extra Charge.

Straight are stock, however angled ones are an upgrade. LMAO

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #470 on: August 30, 2017, 08:32:13 PM »

Seen the new black and orange cvo street glide in person today,Ugly!!!!Also seen the blacked out cvo limited ,not a fan of all black but was nice looking in person.

BigLock

• Elite CVO Member
  • CVO1 2012
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #471 on: September 01, 2017, 01:55:59 PM »

I saw the SESG in person in dark alloy & black demin I couldn't really tell from it because was in the back with some poor lighting . But it looked ok some poor soul shell out 5 GRAND over MSRP for it.

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #472 on: September 01, 2017, 02:28:16 PM »

Local dealer has both the SESG and SERG in the orange over grey, the SESG is sold, the RG is $42K plus TTT

Paint actually looks good, lots of upgraded details, front wheel is nice at 21 inch, and the best part, no lowers, the water head is gone!  The one thing I hate the most about my 16 CVO is the lowers with the radiators, that engine setup needs to go...

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

us1fountain

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO SG
    • IN

« Reply #473 on: September 02, 2017, 10:21:30 PM »

Saw the Gunship Gray CVO SG today. Honestly, looks just like any other chromeless bike. Part of the joy of owning a CVO, is the paint sets it apart from all the others. Not with the gray one.  Just another bike.
The previous CVOs are custom painted outside of HD, part of that additional cost is reflected in the price. Is this new single color grey CVO painted in house or outside also? I think with the simple paint, that savings should result in a lower price for the '18. Plain paint, no water cooling, no chrome=higher cost. That 3rd amp and speakers must be where the price increase comes from.

ultrarider123

« Reply #474 on: September 02, 2017, 11:55:23 PM »

Don't forget the wireless headset... ;D

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #475 on: September 03, 2017, 09:31:53 AM »

I have to agree about the any other bike comment. I saw a Grey CVO SG parked next to A SG Special in Maroon yesterday. 13 K difference and could hardly tell them apart, not for me but somebody will buy it!
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #476 on: September 03, 2017, 10:13:29 AM »

Agreed.  A big part of why I have bought CVOs is the paint or graphics set them apart from the rest of the bikes.  With flat paint blacked out bikes, they look like a regular bike flat painted or blacked out.  The 117 engine is great and all and so are the heated grips/seat and of course the wireless headset (I don't use the CB & rarely use a helmet headset) so for me less is not more when it comes to CVO vs regular lineup.

And yeah, somebody will buy them, be happy, and love them long time.

Grumpy110

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '20 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 117 (Traded)
    • CVO3: '08 FLHTCUE3 (Sold)
« Reply #477 on: September 03, 2017, 12:57:03 PM »

Another disappointing year for some, and by the looks of it, if I were buying I would probably be leaning towards a blue 115th Anniversary Street Glide. Unfortunately, in Canada it is unlikely we'll see more than a couple of those 115th bikes up here and they would inevitably go to those customers that are lucky enough to buy new bikes every year.

Just to give a perspective on the new price for a CVO bike here in Canada.... a 2018 CVO Street Glide is presently advertised by a local HD dealer for $51,712.00 plus our Ontario 13% sales tax.  Total approx. $58,434 plus any other add-ons. Say you take the generous HD interest rate of 8.99% that's gives you a monthly payment of about $1,212 for 60 months = $72,720 total cost.

Okay, then...I'll take 2!!!  :orange:.

And on the other costs...licence plate fees $120 / yr.,  $1,500-$2,500 per bike /yr. insurance, 91 gas now about $5.53 / US gal. ($6.63 / Imp. gal.)

And now you know why I'm GRUMPY!!! :-\

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:59:52 PM by Grumpy110 AKA "TT" »
"International Charter Member" of W.H.O.R.E.
Applicant for membership to HBRR

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #478 on: September 03, 2017, 01:08:11 PM »

No wonder Florida has so many Canadian visitors every winter.  If you buy a bike in the USA do you have to pay an import fee?

Grumpy110

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '20 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 117 (Traded)
    • CVO3: '08 FLHTCUE3 (Sold)
« Reply #479 on: September 03, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »

No wonder Florida has so many Canadian visitors every winter.  If you buy a bike in the USA do you have to pay an import fee?

Yes, but HD only allows a Canadian resident to purchase a used bike in States. We then have to pay provincial sales tax (8% in Ont.) on any bike imported (value converted from US dollars to CDN) plus a Federal import fee - $295 plus taxes (13%). Most states do not refund their own state tax/local taxes so we also pay the taxes there and here too.

In addition, our Federal Gov't wants any bike imported to be converted to our federal vehicle standards which includes lighting and speedo changed from miles to kilometers. In the case of a SG / RG models this includes not only a new speedo, but the purchase/install a new rear fender too! Also, mufflers have to be factory certified for max. 80 db. and you need documentation certifying it has no safety recalls. I believe HD has started charging a fee for this, as well for the transferring of any remaining warranty to Canada.

Now as to the Snowbirds....those that own property and have US driver licenses can title a new bike as a US resident and then just leave it there.  Once its no longer a current model year could then import it if they choose to.

Rob
"International Charter Member" of W.H.O.R.E.
Applicant for membership to HBRR
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.