Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 2007 Ultra Classic CVO stall on idle... sometimes  (Read 7307 times)

wilton13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: 2007 Ultra Classic CVO stall on idle... sometimes
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 02:49:42 AM »

No 02 sensors on mine. Haven’t figured it out still. I learned I can toggle the kill switch when riding if I clutch and it stalls before coming toastip and it seems to fix the issue.  It’s good for a long ride or possibly u til I restart.

Scanbike

• NORWAY

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5 ANV CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 10:54:01 AM »

No 02 sensors on mine. Haven’t figured it out still. I learned I can toggle the kill switch when riding if I clutch and it stalls before coming toastip and it seems to fix the issue.  It’s good for a long ride or possibly u til I restart.
The parts catalog says the 2007 FLHTCUSE2 have 2 pcs. O2 Sensors...

Sent fra min LON-L29 via Tapatalk

Scanbike

• NORWAY

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 11:01:42 AM »

The parts catalog says the 2007 FLHTCUSE2 have 2 pcs. O2 Sensors...

Read the codes and clear them. See if they come back.

wilton13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 01:15:39 PM »

After market exhaust so I guess that’s why no o2. Also no codes from it which is what’s stumping me.

Scanbike

• NORWAY

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 01:44:21 PM »

After market exhaust so I guess that’s why no o2. Also no codes from it which is what’s stumping me.
If it's no O2 sensors with no code throw you have to have a aftermarket tuner? Then you probably have to dyno tune your bike...i have very bad experienced with V&H fuel pack,tuners i generally with preprogrammed map never more! Only dyno tune for my bikes!

wilton13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2017, 01:49:29 PM »

Correct. It has a SE race tuner and it is dyno tuned. Unless something happened to the tune. It was fine and then after awhile it started to do that. Due to how it acts I was. Thinking a pinhole in the tank line or even a slightly clogged filter. Since toggling the kill switch seems to fix it it makes me think the pump shutting off relieving the pressure may be the reason it’s fine after that

Scanbike

• NORWAY

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2017, 01:55:14 PM »

Correct. It has a SE race tuner and it is dyno tuned. Unless something happened to the tune. It was fine and then after awhile it started to do that. Due to how it acts I was. Thinking a pinhole in the tank line or even a slightly clogged filter. Since toggling the kill switch seems to fix it it makes me think the pump shutting off relieving the pressure may be the reason it’s fine after that
I my be i read something about cable to fuel injection is a weak point....rubbing fueltank or something..

wilton13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2017, 02:07:29 PM »

I’ll take a look at that. Thanks

Scanbike

• NORWAY

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2017, 02:25:35 PM »

I am no expert but, I think your tune have to have the O2 sensor i place to compensate fuel air mix. Or else it will be to rich on idle and it stalled.. And to lean at higher rpm. Just my sentence..

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:29:43 PM by Scanbike »

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2017, 05:33:40 PM »

I had the same issue just a short while ago stalling out coming to a stop. I was all set to take it to the HD dealer but I got it sorted out.

I used a spray can of break cleaner I put a direction tube on the nozzle and gave the IAC and inner intake body a good cleaning,... I put a cloth down in the intake to catch any fibres that got flushed out, which did, I also changed the plugs and wires. I was also getting running rich codes. Not getting them anymore popping up.
I've had no problems since. Idle sits at 900 rpm
Don't know if it will help in your case .
Btw,..when you first fire it up do you notice if the motor is hunting,....idle going up and down,... mine was doing that as well. It isn't doing that anymore either.

wilton13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2017, 05:39:44 PM »

I had the same issue just a short while ago stalling out coming to a stop. I was all set to take it to the HD dealer but I got it sorted out.

I used a spray can of break cleaner I put a direction tube on the nozzle and gave the IAC and inner intake body a good cleaning,... I put a cloth down in the intake to catch any fibres that got flushed out, which did, I also changed the plugs and wires. I was also getting running rich codes. Not getting them anymore popping up.
I've had no problems since. Idle sits at 900 rpm
Don't know if it will help in your case .
Btw,..when you first fire it up do you notice if the motor is hunting,....idle going up and down,... mine was doing that as well. It isn't doing that anymore either.

Bike runs perfect. Idles perfect. No jumping or high/low idle. I cleaned out the IAC as well. May pull it off and clean it again when I remove the tank just to ensure I get it really good and clean.

Bike usually does this either within 5 or 10 minutes of start or after a long straight ride steady throttle. Once I toggle it’s generally good rest of the ride.

Appreciate any and all tips as I will try it all until I figure it out. Now that rainy season is here I’ll have a bit more time to work on her since weekends will be quieter soon. I ride it commuting daily so limits my time weekdays to work on it.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2017, 02:51:36 PM »

Bike runs perfect. Idles perfect. No jumping or high/low idle. I cleaned out the IAC as well. May pull it off and clean it again when I remove the tank just to ensure I get it really good and clean.

Bike usually does this either within 5 or 10 minutes of start or after a long straight ride steady throttle. Once I toggle it’s generally good rest of the ride.

Appreciate any and all tips as I will try it all until I figure it out. Now that rainy season is here I’ll have a bit more time to work on her since weekends will be quieter soon. I ride it commuting daily so limits my time weekdays to work on it.

Update on how it works out for you and what you find on the fix.

wilton13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2017, 04:02:15 PM »

Absolutely I will update the thread.  I had a bike before that did it also and sold it before figuring it out so I really want to know. Not sure yet when I’ll have time to dig in but maybe over the weekend coming up. Though it may be awhile before I figure it all out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.