Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Insurance cost  (Read 5562 times)

oe542bob

• Full CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7(traded)
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE(traded)
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHXSE(traded) ‘19 FLHXSE(traded) ‘21 FLHXSE
Insurance cost
« on: June 19, 2017, 04:34:52 PM »

Hey all, just gotta rant a little. What's up with insurance on our bikes? I just traded my '14 CVO Ultra for a '17 CVO Streetglide. My insurance went from $570 to $811. Biggest jump I've ever had. I'm in PA and been riding since the early 70's. I now have Dairyland. A little over a week ago, before I found this new Streetglide, I was gonna change over to Safeco. In the case with my '14, I was gonna save a little over $100 for the same coverage.
When I first contacted Dairyland, I was told my insurance would be $692/ year for the FLHXSE. A couple of days later it was $811.15! SafeCo had stated $660/ year. So I figured I'd just stay with Dairyland as it wasn't much of a difference. But man, it just grinds me that now it costs over $811.
And in PA, we have no medical in the event of an accident. Yes, for the passenger or if I hit and cause bodily injury to some one, it's covered.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Insurance cost
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 04:55:07 PM »

went through the same thing here in la last year.  my insurance jumped a significant amount upon renewal so I started shopping around.  bad part was my new quote was still the cheapest around, comparing coverage to coverage.  what I ended up doing to offset the jump was to increase my deductible.  I have disappearing deductible so even though I upped it, it is still dropping.  this year, i'm at $275, but my rate is based on $1000.  course, if anything should happen, then next renewal it'll be back up to the full $1000.

I know you can't really compare what I pay to what you pay cause of the myriad of variables, but by doing so, I was able to drop the rate to $788 for the year for my 2013 roadglide cvo and 2012 roadglide custom.  the new quote was over $1100.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 04:57:22 PM »

Yet another reason (apparently) I'm glad my bikes are old.  Two bikes, good coverage, $530 a year total to cover both.  Also Dairyland.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:00:10 PM by Twolanerider »

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 06:27:11 PM »

Check with Foremost.  I've had them since 2005 and shopped them several times but could not beat their rates.  Previously I had Dairyland and Safeco.  But your experience may be different depending on your location and other factors. 

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Toofast_28

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 06:55:02 PM »

I have state farm, not the greatest driving record (I like to go fast sometimes) and a 16 FLHXSE with $500 deductible and max coverages is just under $300/yr.  Being in the Iowa must help some?

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 08:05:21 PM »

I'm probably not going to help you with this post unless you're a veteran. 

I'm with Progressive with USAA and I pay just over $600 a year if I pay it all up front, and that's for full coverage.

It pays to shop around, but in the end you need to go with a reputable company.  In 2010, Progressive paid me well over $20k for my 2007 Electra Glide + accessories when I totalled it hitting a deer.  Other companies might have expected me to fix it, but they didn't bat an eye.  Maybe that's because I've been with USAA for 36 years, but who can say.  Just remember that cheaper insurance isn't always better insurance.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 08:19:10 PM »

Full coverage, on Long Island..2009 Softail Deluxe and a 2015 CVO Street Glide with Allstate for just over $700/yr if I pay in full

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 08:24:31 PM »

I had a big jump for VA to GA with the new 2017 CVO limited. I'm paying $800
Bill

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 10:18:28 PM »

There is no such thing as a policy called "full coverage", this is not a thing, when you call or sit with a rep and tell him you want full coverage he just sells you the parts of the policy that a bank will require due to bike having a loan. This is not a good way to buy insurance, mostly low coverage maximums, satisfies the bank and gets you a low rate.
You can not compare rates between cities, much less states. States have different insurance regulations, loss ratio's with computers are very carefully monitored by location, your personal record comes into play and whether this is the only vehicle or is it a multiple vehicle policy, all these things affect the rate.
I say this all the time, buy ALL the insurance you can possibly afford, buy the most personal protection offered, buy uninsured motorists, buy towing and labor (CHEAPEST place you can get towing is your insurance company). If you get hurt it is impossible to have to much insurance, here in Florida 1 out of 3 have no insurance. Plan on that guy hitting you.
And I have a neighbor who constantly brags about paying $360.00 year for full coverage. He has $10,000 worth of coverage. What kind of car can you hit that if totalled can be replaced for $10K? He has a house and cars that a sharp lawyer will own if he causes a bad loss. Prepare for this loss.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 10:42:53 PM »

I'm probably not going to help you with this post unless you're a veteran. 

I'm with Progressive with USAA and I pay just over $600 a year if I pay it all up front, and that's for full coverage.

It pays to shop around, but in the end you need to go with a reputable company.  In 2010, Progressive paid me well over $20k for my 2007 Electra Glide + accessories when I totalled it hitting a deer.  Other companies might have expected me to fix it, but they didn't bat an eye.  Maybe that's because I've been with USAA for 36 years, but who can say.  Just remember that cheaper insurance isn't always better insurance.

interesting little tidbit.  i've been with progressive since i started riding back in 2002.  at the time, usaa would not insure motorcycles so couldn't go that route.  just recently, i learned that progressive was underwriting for usaa so i thought that i would give them a shot at a quote.  came out about $100 year more expensive, even though same company, same coverage.  so i stuck with progressive (through hd insurance).
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 10:58:03 PM »

interesting little tidbit.  i've been with progressive since i started riding back in 2002.  at the time, usaa would not insure motorcycles so couldn't go that route.  just recently, i learned that progressive was underwriting for usaa so i thought that i would give them a shot at a quote.  came out about $100 year more expensive, even though same company, same coverage.  so i stuck with progressive (through hd insurance).

That is interesting.  I do have my house and vehicles insured with USAA so I'm probably getting some discount there because of the underwriting.  Progressive also insures my boat, which may or may not help.  Plus in the last 11 years with Progressive, I've had only one claim and that was a no-fault, and I've had zero tickets with the bike during that time (knock on wood).  I want to say I checked the HD insurance around seven or so years ago, and USAA was cheaper for me. 
Weird stuff, insurance.  You're betting you'll have a claim and they're betting you won't.  Talk about a messed up arrangement!
Harry
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 08:30:02 AM »

In Nov 2002 I was able to insure my 2003 Fatboy with USAA.  I was insured by USAA through 2009.  In 2007 we added my wife new Sportster.  When I bought a new 09 SERG in Jan of 09, UAAA informed me that they would not insure it, that they were getting out of insuring motorcycles.  That they were having Progressive underwrite the policies for them.  I was told they would continue to insure my fatboy until I traded it or canceled the policy. 

It is nice that there is a special USAA phone number for progressive.    In 15 my 15 SERGU and my wife's 15 Road Glide Special suffered Hail damage while at the Sturgis rally.  Progressive fixed everything damaged with out question or hassle, over 6500 to my bike and 5500 to my wife bike.  Was very happy.

March of this year, my wife was in a bad wreck, her 17 Road Glide Special was totaled.  We had it insured for replacement cost plus 6K in accessories.  We had the check for the replacement bike and 6K two weeks after the claim.  No questions, no fight. 

Very happy with progressive through USAA.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 12:43:21 PM »

In Nov 2002 I was able to insure my 2003 Fatboy with USAA.  I was insured by USAA through 2009.  In 2007 we added my wife new Sportster.  When I bought a new 09 SERG in Jan of 09, UAAA informed me that they would not insure it, that they were getting out of insuring motorcycles.  That they were having Progressive underwrite the policies for them.  I was told they would continue to insure my fatboy until I traded it or canceled the policy. 

It is nice that there is a special USAA phone number for progressive.    In 15 my 15 SERGU and my wife's 15 Road Glide Special suffered Hail damage while at the Sturgis rally.  Progressive fixed everything damaged with out question or hassle, over 6500 to my bike and 5500 to my wife bike.  Was very happy.

March of this year, my wife was in a bad wreck, her 17 Road Glide Special was totaled.  We had it insured for replacement cost plus 6K in accessories.  We had the check for the replacement bike and 6K two weeks after the claim.  No questions, no fight. 

Very happy with progressive through USAA.

You got that right, Dave!   :2vrolijk_21:
Harry

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 01:50:06 PM »

I had the same experience with USAA.  When I got my first Harley, USAA insured me.  It was really nice as I was able to match my medical coverage I had on my cars.  I really like the idea of a lot of medical coverage (think $200,000) with a motorcycle.  When I bought my 09 SERG I was unable to get USAA and they pushed me to Progressive. 

When I got the non-USAA coverage (or who ever that was from as I was pissed) my medical went down to $2,000.  I bitched pointed out  that you can't even get a toenail removed in an ER with that amount.

Anyway, when I compared USAA-Progressive to Progressive, I find you pay about $50-$100 more for the USAA-Progressive.  I guess it is the cost for them to handle the details.

:oops: :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 01:52:51 PM by charles05663 »
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

oe542bob

• Full CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7(traded)
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE(traded)
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHXSE(traded) ‘19 FLHXSE(traded) ‘21 FLHXSE
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 08:52:30 PM »

Ok. Last night I tried Foremost. Supposedly I can use my AARP to get a great rate! Same coverage as I have, came back with a quote of $1267!!!! So much for that.
Next I tried Geico. Had a great conversation with a rep and came up with a quote, again same coverage, of $631. I said great sold. Gave my payment information. A few minutes later after that the rate was now $829! I said what happened to $631? Oh well a claim is shown on your auto policy 1 1/2 years ago. I said I don't remember having an accident. She then stated the date and claim amount. Then I remembered. On a job site parking lot my drivers door was blown by the wind into the next pickup. The claim was for $491. So I said you are going to jack my motorcycle rate up $198 for a claim of $491? Wasn't anything to do with a MC, and it was on my auto policy from another company.
Today I called a friend that got me SafeCo for $663. I asked, well what about a claim I had 1 1/2 years ago? He said it is listed and my rate is still $663.  Paid for the year. I was finally happy! Well at least somewhat.
Just called to cancel Dairyland. I made a payment on 6/15/2017 of $205. Just cancelled a few minutes ago and I was informed I'm only getting $80 back! WTF $125 for 5 days of coverage! Insurance always have an angle. God, I need a drink!

flhse

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 08:56:44 PM »

Hey all, just gotta rant a little. What's up with insurance on our bikes? I just traded my '14 CVO Ultra for a '17 CVO Streetglide. My insurance went from $570 to $811. Biggest jump I've ever had. I'm in PA and been riding since the early 70's. I now have Dairyland. A little over a week ago, before I found this new Streetglide, I was gonna change over to Safeco. In the case with my '14, I was gonna save a little over $100 for the same coverage.
When I first contacted Dairyland, I was told my insurance would be $692/ year for the FLHXSE. A couple of days later it was $811.15! SafeCo had stated $660/ year. So I figured I'd just stay with Dairyland as it wasn't much of a difference. But man, it just grinds me that now it costs over $811.
And in PA, we have no medical in the event of an accident. Yes, for the passenger or if I hit and cause bodily injury to some one, it's covered.

Well, I'll trade insurance cost with just about anyone.  Michigan is known for high insurance, my 2004 was just over $700 a year with State Farm.  The new 2017 Limited added $300 to that.   :vrolijk27:

So, Don, not necessarily the age of the bike but the zip code you live in and state.  I think its time to leave Michigan!!

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 10:38:42 AM »

Insurance for me is around the same as most of you guys. But the grass isn't always greener. My registration for the bike the first year was $714...

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 12:44:23 PM »

Insurance for me is around the same as most of you guys. But the grass isn't always greener. My registration for the bike the first year was $714...

I thought the grass was always greener in Colorado  :beatnik: :freak:

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 11:48:31 AM »

will I hate to say this but knock on would and bull chit you not been with allstate at age 16 I'm 56 now then a rider of the parents policy I have a house 2 cars a 14 cvo ltd a 14 cvo king the bike cost just over $400.00 dollars a year and its 50000/100000/300000 cant beat it after I see what some of you are paying I'm a happy camper

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 10:08:19 AM »

While policy cost is sure a factor, I'm wondering who has needed to make a claim----and which insurance companies paid the most on a filed claim. And which ones try to screw you.   Is the company and policy cost proportional to the amount you receive on a claim?
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 11:21:09 AM »

Had a claim a few years ago with Allstate.  Time wasted on that took me out of 6 weeks of the best riding season on my CVO Ultra.  Rather than just blame Allstate, in my case it was an adjuster who knew next to nothing about motorcycles, appeared to be somewhat prejudiced against motorcycles and riders in general, and perhaps was prejudiced against me in particular for whatever reason.  After the agent intervening (said he could not but know that they can because eventually he did & others have in the past) and me meeting with the adjuster at the shop, all was resolved quickly.  Do I love Allstate/hate Allstate?   Neither.  At this point in time, they are the best coverage for the cost I have found in my area.  That changes at times, and my policy loyalty does not go with lowest cost always but it does move with the best cost/coverage offered.

Long time back was not that way on autos, M/Cs, & home.  Stayed the same, major companies only, did not shop.  Quite a few years ago after some hefty cost increases for no owner/operator reasons, I shopped.  Man was I surprised at how much some companies were compared to others.  If it's $10-20-50 bucks might not change just because of the hassle.  Usually the difference is $200 or more when I do. 

Insurance rates cannot be compared across areas as to exacts on premiums - in this case even inside the same state.  Why?  Lots of reasons, mainly has to do with cost of operation of a vehicle as to risk in given areas.  Rates are set by actuaries who study stats then figure averages based on age, miles, driving records, etc.  My comparing an insurance rate to your rate, unless you live in or near my zip code is like comparing the cost of an apple in an orchard to the price at a roadside stand 1,000 miles away.  Same apple, different costs associated with it.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 12:10:43 PM »

Well, I'll trade insurance cost with just about anyone.  Michigan is known for high insurance, my 2004 was just over $700 a year with State Farm.  The new 2017 Limited added $300 to that.   :vrolijk27:

So, Don, not necessarily the age of the bike but the zip code you live in and state.  I think its time to leave Michigan!!

Brad,

I grew up in MI and I know many years ago how the big three SE counties had the highest insurance rates in MI.  Then sometime in the '70s or '80s, I believe they "equalized" all over the state and from then on it was supposed to be a statewide average and no one county should pay more than another.

But I'm not really sure how one would know that as you cannot fake your address in any of the quote requests I've seen.

I know at one time in the late '90s I had 10 vehicle insurance policies in effect.  They didn't all run, but I still needed insurance on them.

I also had a few speeding tickets and my insurance on my Buick Park Ave double.  In MI I never heard of anyone getting a lawyer and pleading down to a non moving violation, but here in MO, no one pays for speeding tickets, you just pay your lawyer a couple hundred bucks and you get a fine to pay without points or a record of a moving violation.  I have used this service on a couple occasions... :(
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 03:32:50 PM »

Had a claim a few years ago with Allstate.  Time wasted on that took me out of 6 weeks of the best riding season on my CVO Ultra.  Rather than just blame Allstate, in my case it was an adjuster who knew next to nothing about motorcycles, appeared to be somewhat prejudiced against motorcycles and riders in general, and perhaps was prejudiced against me in particular for whatever reason.  After the agent intervening (said he could not but know that they can because eventually he did & others have in the past) and me meeting with the adjuster at the shop, all was resolved quickly.  Do I love Allstate/hate Allstate?   Neither.  At this point in time, they are the best coverage for the cost I have found in my area.  That changes at times, and my policy loyalty does not go with lowest cost always but it does move with the best cost/coverage offered.

Long time back was not that way on autos, M/Cs, & home.  Stayed the same, major companies only, did not shop.  Quite a few years ago after some hefty cost increases for no owner/operator reasons, I shopped.  Man was I surprised at how much some companies were compared to others.  If it's $10-20-50 bucks might not change just because of the hassle.  Usually the difference is $200 or more when I do. 

Insurance rates cannot be compared across areas as to exacts on premiums - in this case even inside the same state.  Why?  Lots of reasons, mainly has to do with cost of operation of a vehicle as to risk in given areas.  Rates are set by actuaries who study stats then figure averages based on age, miles, driving records, etc.  My comparing an insurance rate to your rate, unless you live in or near my zip code is like comparing the cost of an apple in an orchard to the price at a roadside stand 1,000 miles away.  Same apple, different costs associated with it.

The "good hands" folks at Allstate gave me their middle finger with my homeowners. 15 years, no claims and dropped, completely out of the blue. "Wildfires" was the reason, BUT if I wanted to pay $5,800 a year they'd insure me in a different tier with no inspection required. Went to State Farm and wound up costing $1,000 less than the middle finger folks.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 04:09:49 PM »

The "good hands" folks at Allstate gave me their middle finger with my homeowners. 15 years, no claims and dropped, completely out of the blue. "Wildfires" was the reason, BUT if I wanted to pay $5,800 a year they'd insure me in a different tier with no inspection required. Went to State Farm and wound up costing $1,000 less than the middle finger folks.

Moved to Florida, mid 90s, had State Farm homeowners for years before.  A SF regional manager called the office here to get them to insure me when they balked.  Few years later, raised rates by 35%.  Hurricanes.  Except we had never had a hurricane here for 20 years when they did that.  I have had zero claims here on homeowners. Checked around, found same coverage for $500 a year less.  Since then have shopped A rated or better companies for home insurance.  Started shopping the car & M/C insurance when the kids were teenagers.  Have saved thousands of dollars since on all insurance products.  I treat it now as a commodity, similar to banking/saving/investing.  Good company, solid rep - some are not competitive, others are.  Can spend the money better elsewhere instead of paying too much for the same type products. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »

Sheww, I have 4 cars and a house with  SF and at the time I bought my 14 SGS I had 2 other bikes and they did me no favors. Went to Geico and the 14 was 285.00 yr 100/200/300. Bought the 17 SGSE 365.00 same coverage so no complaints here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
Performance: HP 99 TQ 121
Stage II = HD Torque Cam SE8-447
Rinehart Slimline, 4" Cans
HD Tuner w/ Wideband module
Screaming Eagle Front Fork internals, Tuned Rear

Appearance:
Blacking out all chrome and bolts. (Work in progress)
Custom color matched carbon fiber parts
HD Passing Lamps and LED lamps

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 07:52:42 PM »

Some, make that most of these premium numbers make me say.......WOW...

My State Farm policy premium is $281 per year.
I feel good - the song comes to mind (sorry guys)
RIDE ON......

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2017, 06:34:21 PM »

well, I kept getting jerked around the last couple of yrs. with progressive. going up every yr with no points,accidents or speeding violations. shopped around & found I could save 1400.00 on overall policy (cars,truck,house.umbrella & 3 motorcycles). motorcycles went from 400 each to 400 for all 3 with the same coverage (full) & same deductibles. went with allstate. just my .02
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

flhse

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2017, 10:32:29 AM »

Ran across this today in some of my emails.  May help some folks. 

bigsixman

• Full CVO Member
  • 2003 CVO Deuce FXSTDSE
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 01:40:10 PM »

I just paid my State Farm annual premium for my 2009 HD street glide and it is $165.00/yr. I live in nw MN and I also have my house and 4 cars insured with State Farm.

2003 fxstdse CVO Deuce, 3,700 miles
2007 fxstd Deuce, 18,500 miles
2017 flhx Street Glide, 6,700 miles
Four 60s & 70s Japanese bikes

IRNEngineer

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHT Black Denim
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 04:04:05 PM »

We switched all of our cars to USAA several months ago, but they said they would not insure the our '16 FLHXSE. Said they aren't insuring motorcycles. Thanks for the info. We'll have to come back around to them.  We are in the process of adding our house to USAA. State Farm doubled our home insurance when we removed the cars. Gotta love it.
'16 SG CVO Carbon Crystal
12" LA Choppers Twin Peaks - Black
Vance & Hines Power Duals with 4" Rinehart
Klock Werks 5" Windshield
Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner
Detachable Colormatch Tourpak & RG Limited CVO Seat

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 04:37:33 PM »

We switched all of our cars to USAA several months ago, but they said they would not insure the our '16 FLHXSE. Said they aren't insuring motorcycles. Thanks for the info. We'll have to come back around to them.  We are in the process of adding our house to USAA. State Farm doubled our home insurance when we removed the cars. Gotta love it.

We have all vehicles and the house with USAA and they'll let you pay it out in automatic withdrawals monthly with no penalty (don't know if they do that unless you bank with them?).  As for bike insurance, they farm bike and boat policies out to Progressive, but you'll be dealing with a USAA rep on the phone.  You'll get a 10% discount for Progressive if you pay it all at once for the year to come.  Same with the boat.  I just e-paid the bill with my USAA checking for the bike.  $623 for the year and that's FULL coverage plus towing, etc.  I do not drop certain coverages during the winter, either, and keep it all year round. 
This is 250/500 and 50/100 coverage with no deductible on comp or collision, 3k accessories, and both under and uninsured coverage.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 04:42:49 PM by RGlideKid »
Harry

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »

Everything I own is insured by USAA, progressive which is who USAA farms out their boat, jets and motorcycle insurance.

As Stated, your still dealing with a USAA specific phone number for progressive and a USSA rep.  They were very good on the Hail damage my wife's 15 RGS and my 15 SERGU suffered in Sturgis in 2015.  They were also very good with my Wife's totaled 2017 RGS
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 21 queries.