Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer  (Read 43490 times)

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
Re: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2017, 10:19:14 AM »

Your refusal to allow the tear down of the motor is going to sink any claim you may have Not a time for a standoff!

In my experience, I am wondering why Harley doesn't swap your WHOLE MOTOR out with a new upgraded one from the factory. Then they can play "lab rat" at their leisure to determine what is really going on.  You on the other hand may be curious but won't really care since you would be riding again in less than a day.

They can stamp the original serial number on the new motor before it's sent to the installing dealer.

Best regards

Other Jerry
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 10:22:52 AM by CVOStreetglide »

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2017, 10:32:13 AM »

That's what they did after my second engine failed. Shipped new 2018 engine but with 114 cyl/pistons and shipped my busted engine back to the lab tor diagnosis

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2017, 11:46:19 AM »

In my experience, I am wondering why Harley doesn't swap your WHOLE MOTOR out with a new upgraded one from thefactory. Then they can play "lab rat" at their leisure to determine what is really going on.  You on the other hand may be curious but won't really care since you would be riding again in less than a day.

They can stamp the original serial number on the new motor before it's sent to the installing dealer.

Best regards

Other Jerry

My guess is the MOCO already full well knows what the problem is - and he was unlucky enough to end up with a factory rep who thinks he is protecting the company (and himself) by denying all knowledge, lying and being a general prick...  When in fact he is only further alienating their customer base...

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2017, 03:52:47 PM »

Your refusal to allow the tear down of the motor is going to sink any claim you may have Not a time for a standoff!

That's why it would be a good idea to get the attorney involved up front, and not after all the mistakes are made.

At this point, and considering the jackass service rep and dealer, I wouldn't trust anything they said about the results of a teardown and inspection.  And I seriously doubt they would let the customer stand there and watch the entire process.  But you're probably right, failure to allow the manufacturer to attempt an inspection could blow any chance of a lemon law buy-back out of the water.  I wonder how many attempts they are allowed under the VA law.

My answer to all the drama of trying to get H-D to stand behind their crap was to refuse to ever buy another one.  That's a decision I've stuck by for over ten years, and based on all the stuff I read around here I know I made the right decision.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

J.D.

« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2017, 04:16:09 PM »

Ha!  My newest and last HD is my 02 that I bought used knowing well the issues with the weak OE oil pump and cam chain tensioners, but also knowing later years had their share of respective issues I wanted to avoid.

I can't imagine ever buying another Harley; certainly not a new one.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2017, 07:32:12 PM »

Yes I know that if I do not allow them one opportunity to repair the bike then I don't have a leg to stand on.
 I got a call from the dealer on Monday morning claiming the mechanic was tearing the engine apart for inspection and haven't heard anything else.
I have tried calling them for 2 days to see how it went and can't even get them to answer.
The riding season is gone, I had to cancel my last event for the year which is always located at deals gap for the tail of the dragon so that I don't get billed for the accommodations.
 I did lose my deposit.
Just all around total B/S
I traded in 2 pristine Harley's that were paid for to buy this bike to miss the rest of the riding season and spent $50k.
B/S
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2017, 07:47:42 PM »

Yes I know that if I do not allow them one opportunity to repair the bike then I don't have a leg to stand on.
 I got a call from the dealer on Monday morning claiming the mechanic was tearing the engine apart for inspection and haven't heard anything else.
I have tried calling them for 2 days to see how it went and can't even get them to answer.
The riding season is gone, I had to cancel my last event for the year which is always located at deals gap for the tail of the dragon so that I don't get billed for the accommodations.
 I did lose my deposit.
Just all around total B/S
I traded in 2 pristine Harley's that were paid for to buy this bike to miss the rest of the riding season and spent $50k.
B/S

I definitely feel your pain. In the end my bike does feel strong with the 3rd 114 engine. I'm still owed a stage 4 kit but I'm holding off for awhile to see if they make any displacement increases to the stage 4 kits. After seeing the 2018s, I had absolutely no interest in a new bike and really just wanted my '17 CVO Limited back running as I knew it was capable of running. I truly hope everything works out for you because it is a really great bike but it has certainly caused a fair amount of motorcycle misery for a good # of us.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2017, 08:16:24 PM »

Shouldn't there be a loaner bike in this equation? I know if you have esp there used to be a clause in there stating such.

Best of luck

TN

Call Matt Levatich, his assistant Jenny will get you some results.  :drink:
Wut the hell was that maneuver

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »

Sorry to hear you're experiencing sumping. Curious....when did you buy your RGS? When did you have the stage 3 kit installed? Did they make any change to the oil pump or was the Stage 3 install before they issued SB1450 in mid-July of this year?
For some reason the delivery of the bikes to our market was late. So the bike arrived some time in June. The kit was installed pretty much in June - beginning of July. I took delivery of the bike mid July.

I think I am the first in our market to experience this issue. I thought that it is due to software glitch. That software is trying to deal with heat by reducing the power. I discussed it with mechanics at the dealer. Not as a complain but more as a discussion while passing the bike for completion of first service. At that time I had this issue twice during long haul day trips.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2017, 11:41:14 AM »

My guess is the MOCO already full well knows what the problem is - and he was unlucky enough to end up with a factory rep who thinks he is protecting the company (and himself) by denying all knowledge, lying and being a general prick...  When in fact he is only further alienating their customer base...

You are correct. 

However, since Harley has become such expert stewards in cost containment and expense reduction it would seem to be a sound business decision at say $3,500 manufacturers cost for the entire engine replacement and install labor.

The offset against that one time cost is all of the repeated expense in labor, parts, factory rep travel and expense, lodging etc (those extra beers and steaks--etc) that may not be over yet after several attempts.

Oh well maybe on the next one..... :coolblue:   :coolblue:

I am hoping everything has now been resolved.   

Best Regards

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2017, 02:06:41 PM »

Sure hope you get the satisfaction you deserve. Obviously the MOCO has many issues that is costing them $$ that they feel the need to send out the BS artist to intimidate rather than resolve. As well as flat lie that they haven't replaced multiple motors in some instances when we know many of our members here have been having serious issues since 07. I find it amusing how many salesmen I have talked to at many different dealers that either act ignorant or flat deny the many 110 issues. I agree with others the blistering written words from a good Attorney may be needed to help your cause.

bpf

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2017, 02:52:23 PM »

IMHO, as a foreigner not knowing USA laws and the motorcycle industry in details, so my opinion may be worth zilch, the sumping issue bringing a sudden loss of power could be considered an ASIL D safety concern (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_Safety_Integrity_Level). For instance if you are losing power while taking over, then your life is at risk. Still IMHO, if you are really about to go to see an attorney, I would go to an attorney specialized in the automotive/vehicle field , or a consumer group with experience in the vehicle industry, not someone working also on divorces and neighborhood problems. The difference between a money-only problem and a vehicle safety related problem is significant. If you were facing an unexpected risk while using one of their vehicle, HD can't just count beans.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:08:02 PM by bpf »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2017, 03:09:43 PM »

I have noticed that so many things HD says "May cause injury or death" I guess as their disclaimer. JMHO, you shouldn't have to be subject to dealing with a Rep that does his best to deny coverage instead of just trying to make you happy. I hear the drums getting louder everyday. :indian_chief:

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2017, 09:04:36 PM »

Still no response from my local dealer on progress. Finally great riding weather as well.
Pissing me off.
I am going down there tomorrow.
I also didn't think about the vehicle safety issue which is a complete viable option. Because I actually was almost hit twice because of loss of power in bad situations.
Very serious issues
I am very close to pull the trigger on arranging legal counsel.
Maybe even start arranging a class action law suit.
The more we can form together the better chances we will have to get some attention and get some real answers at least.
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #164 on: September 08, 2017, 12:39:26 AM »

Still no response from my local dealer on progress. Finally great riding weather as well.
Pissing me off.
I am going down there tomorrow.
I also didn't think about the vehicle safety issue which is a complete viable option. Because I actually was almost hit twice because of loss of power in bad situations.
Very serious issues
I am very close to pull the trigger on arranging legal counsel.
Maybe even start arranging a class action law suit.
The more we can form together the better chances we will have to get some attention and get some real answers at least.

Stay away from the class action lawsuits,,, the pos attorneys get all the money,,, I was involved in two CALs, (AT&T & Ford), never got a dime from either one >:(
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 22 queries.