Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer  (Read 43972 times)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer
« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2017, 11:45:08 PM »

Why are we not hearing about more of these bikes sumping  with aftermarket stage 4 kits?
Is that they already voided their warranty and they are eating crow or is this just attributed to the harley stage 3 & 4 kits?
Why aren't people like fuel moto, star racing, fullsac having sumping issues?

waiting for an answer on this.  very interesting question to be sure

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2017, 01:36:32 AM »

waiting for an answer on this.  very interesting question to be sure
I have 12000 miles pin my stage 3, no issues 
Alan

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2017, 01:57:42 AM »

Fortunate

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2017, 09:05:26 PM »

My dealer said 3-4 ounces would be considered normal and to spec. I'd check a few more times to confirm. BTW there's an SIP from Harley on Sumping with Stage 3/4 builds. #1450. Has anyone actually been able to read it?

FYI, HD now has 4 parts #s (I don't have them yet) for M8 oil pumps. 1 for stock 107 oil cooled M8. 1 for twin-cooled M8 114/107s. 1 for stage 3/4 107 oil-cooled M8s. 1 for stage 3/4 twin-cooled M8s.

My understanding is that the new M8 Stage 3/4 kits being released in mid-July will include the new "performance" oil pumps.
[/quote  anyone have a  a part number for the latest, and greatest  pump  for the 114 to the 117" ?   would like to see that number
Thanks

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2017, 09:12:45 PM »

My dealer said 3-4 ounces would be considered normal and to spec. I'd check a few more times to confirm. BTW there's an SIP from Harley on Sumping with Stage 3/4 builds. #1450. Has anyone actually been able to read it?

FYI, HD now has 4 parts #s (I don't have them yet) for M8 oil pumps. 1 for stock 107 oil cooled M8. 1 for twin-cooled M8 114/107s. 1 for stage 3/4 107 oil-cooled M8s. 1 for stage 3/4 twin-cooled M8s.

My understanding is that the new M8 Stage 3/4 kits being released in mid-July will include the new "performance" oil pumps.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #215 on: September 26, 2017, 08:27:09 AM »

Well I was able to pick my bike up from the dealer last Monday.
 I worked out of town last week and was able to run down to the tail of the dragon for a few days at the end of last week.
The bike is running much better with no signs of sumping so far.
However I have a check engine light that appears once the bike reaches around 200 degrees. When I check the code it reads can- bus error.
They never fixed the tpms problem which is still flashing.
I was also fortunate to receive the complimentary scratches that the mechanic deemed fit to send back with me. Total bull chit after what I have been through. My bike comes back with a scratch on the rear fender, scratch on the top saddle bag lid, scratches on the brand new heads, scratches on blacked out windshield trim, scratches on both side covers, scratches on my blacked out brake pedal.
On my way back home I stopped by to show the scratches to the dealer, explain the check engine light and tpms, the so called mechanic was there but had supposedly left to go to the store.
 Total BS.
The acting puppet service manager told me he would have to check with the owner and call me back which he hasn't done yet.
Not only have I paid $50k and had this bike down most of the summer with half assed bullchit service but when they return my bike it is scratched all to hell when I was very clear about the bike being spotless when I dropped it off.
Shenandoah Harley Davidson are nothing more than a bunch of lying, half assed scum bags.
So I now have a scratched up bike with check engine lights, tpms lights flashing and dealing with such incompetent people  :soapbox:
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

J.D.

« Reply #216 on: September 26, 2017, 08:39:14 AM »

Unreal.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #217 on: September 26, 2017, 11:37:21 AM »

Unreal.

Al I can say is WOW! it just keeps getting better and better!

I hate to take a bike in for repairs and always worried about damage being done to the bike, where I have been taking mine for warranty work, they look over the bike with you present and you sign off on the condition it was dropped off, then when you pick it up they do another walk around with you and you sign off on that one as well.

I took mine in about 2 months ago for a replacement gas tank, the service advisor calls me up and says we have a problem, after replacing the tank, the tech took it for a road test, they claim when he went under a bridge, debris from ODOT working on it fell and damaged the new tank, I don't believe them, the chances of that happening have to be slim, I think the tech dropped a wrench on it, if debris fell from a bridge you would think it would have damaged other parts like the faring. Any rate they ordered another tank and I made them change it while I waited!
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #218 on: September 26, 2017, 02:04:49 PM »

Al I can say is WOW! it just keeps getting better and better!

I hate to take a bike in for repairs and always worried about damage being done to the bike, where I have been taking mine for warranty work, they look over the bike with you present and you sign off on the condition it was dropped off, then when you pick it up they do another walk around with you and you sign off on that one as well.

I took mine in about 2 months ago for a replacement gas tank, the service advisor calls me up and says we have a problem, after replacing the tank, the tech took it for a road test, they claim when he went under a bridge, debris from ODOT working on it fell and damaged the new tank, I don't believe them, the chances of that happening have to be slim, I think the tech dropped a wrench on it, if debris fell from a bridge you would think it would have damaged other parts like the faring. Any rate they ordered another tank and I made them change it while I waited!

get  in contact with them, and find out if indeed they were really on that bridge at whatever time if at all.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #219 on: September 26, 2017, 06:30:33 PM »

Shenandoah Harley Davidson are nothing more than a bunch of lying, half assed scum bags.
So I now have a scratched up bike with check engine lights, tpms lights flashing and dealing with such incompetent people  :soapbox:
That dealership hasn't been the same since it was sold a few years ago... It was (at one time) my dealership but since it was sold it no longer is (I use Stonewall [formerly Waugh] for purchasing H-D parts/accessories/clothing when I purchase locally). There are a couple independent shops in the area (one of which I use primarily for service and installation of stuff I can't do and would recommend them if you're interested).

BTW... since you are/were using Shenandoah are you local to the area???

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #220 on: September 26, 2017, 06:44:11 PM »

You didn't say ... how's the stereo sound now? :drink:

So, you rode it a few hundred miles and then went back to show them the scratches?  I'll be surprised if they don't push back on that. 

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #221 on: September 26, 2017, 07:36:01 PM »

Stereo sounds great.
The scratches were discovered once I cleaned the bike after their work.
I wouldn't be surprised they try some shady stuff like that.
 I am just sick to my stomach about the whole situation. But it is what it is at this point.
Unfortunately I have learned first hand that the owner of the dealership is very low class.
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2017, 01:09:52 PM »

Stereo sounds great.
The scratches were discovered once I cleaned the bike after their work.
I wouldn't be surprised they try some shady stuff like that.
 I am just sick to my stomach about the whole situation. But it is what it is at this point.
Unfortunately I have learned first hand that the owner of the dealership is very low class.

The dealership may be at fault but I think all the guys that like the “blackout look” have a hard lesson ahead. There’s a reason why so many high wear parts like wheels, forks, exhaust, consoles, hand controls, foot controls, levers, hinges have historically been chromed.

Its not just because it looks good. Its because its extremely durable. I think Harley has gone in a bad direction with all the “soft” painted black out parts particularly where they will be sand blasted or rubbed by leather boots and leather gloves. All these black out bikes will be smothered in scratches and nicks and divots in less than 5000 miles.

We all know that black shows EVERY imperfection. Its my prediction that all these blacked out bikes will look like crap in a few short years while the earlier chrome bikes will still look terrific with a nice wash and wipe down. Personally, I’ll never be on a blacked out bike and I think after a few short years, guys on blacked out bikes will no longer be wondering why their fathers and grandfathers loved all that chrome on their motorcycles.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:30:24 PM by Heatwave »

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2017, 06:12:51 PM »

The dealership may be at fault but I think all the guys that like the “blackout look” have a hard lesson ahead. There’s a reason why so many high wear parts like wheels, forks, exhaust, consoles, hand controls, foot controls, levers, hinges have historically been chromed.

Its not just because it looks good. Its because its extremely durable. I think Harley has gone in a bad direction with all the “soft” painted black out parts particularly where they will be sand blasted or rubbed by leather boots and leather gloves. All these black out bikes will be smothered in scratches and nicks and divots in less than 5000 miles.

We all know that black shows EVERY imperfection. Its my prediction that all these black out bikes will look like crap in a few short years while the earlier chrome bikes still look terrific with a nice wash and wipe down. Personally, I’ll never be on a blacked out bike and I think after a few short years guys on blacked out bikes will no longer be wondering why their fathers and grandfathers loved all that chrome on their motorcycles.

::)

never really thought of  it that way,  but you may prove to be "spot on" with how it will be after some length of time. :nixweiss:

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »

never really thought of  it that way,  but you may prove to be "spot on" with how it will be after some length of time. :nixweiss:

Here’s another thought for you. The MoCo is making a ton more money on all this “black out” trim. They make more money multiple ways.

- quality triple plate chroming is expensive and getting more expensive because of the epa. Quality triple plating requires copper, nickel and chrome plating. Eliminating chrome plating saves a ton of $.

- HD charges more for black out while the painting costs far less. Cha ching! Talk about taking advantage of a fad trend!

- triple plated chrome strongly resists corrosion. Scratched paint easily corrodes the underlying metal. Cha ching!

- the second owner of a bike is gonna want the black trim to be refreshed and likely buy all new trim parts just to get rid of the scratches and swirls. Its very difficult to get all the scratches out of curved parts and small trim parts. It’ll be easier to just buy replacement black trim....Cha ching!

Its a home run for the MoCo. Black out costs less, less EPA issues, they can charge more, doesn’t last as long. What’s not to like from their perspective? The blacked out bike owners may love the look when they take delivery but I believe they will regret all the scratches in a few short years.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:49:16 PM by Heatwave »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.